Simple questions?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    The only thing we've got is Lukun's kind of lame catch phrase, but I'm pretty sure I have the authority to declare a new motto.
    Will it be in Gratuitous Greek, Ludicrous Latin, or Extraneous English flavour?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Xanward said:
    So, I used my free spin of the Wheel, and got a Lucky Clover Increased Critical Hits. I can't seem to find it in my inventory. Where is it, how do I use it, and what does it do? :P

Yes, it's an effect that's automatically applied when you get it from the Wheel (and should last for 24-25 hours as mentioned). It does exactly what is sounds like it does: it increases the probability of you getting critical hits when bashing. For interest's sake, I believe it's named after an item we got one year for one promotion or another where we had a physical clover, and could pull each of the four leaves off at a time to get that effect.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Luce said:
    Daraius said:
    The only thing we've got is Lukun's kind of lame catch phrase, but I'm pretty sure I have the authority to declare a new motto.
    Bring Bacon or GTFO
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Luce said:
    Daraius said:
    Bring Bacon or GTFO
    Adducum Lardo Aut Tu Est Non Recepera

is that right @portius?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Should be more Greek if we're talking ancient Lucidian.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Anyone know the different levels of gestalt that can appear on def?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yes.
  • Xanward said:
    So, I used my free spin of the Wheel, and got a Lucky Clover Increased Critical Hits. I can't seem to find it in my inventory. Where is it, how do I use it, and what does it do? :P
    Got the same thing. It's likE the food blessing.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Should be more Greek if we're talking ancient Lucidian.
    Φέρτε μπέικον ή δεν είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι
  • Daraius said:
    Lukun's catch phrase is awesome. Hater.

• Is there a Book of Keph someplace?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Does anyone know what kind of puzzle the circuit-connecting one in the Asylum is called?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• So after reading the AB's for Wildewood and Wyrdenwood, what... exactly is it that they do/go for? From what I've read, their scope seems rather limited and their power costs seem obscene for the benefit. It costs 5 power and sacrificing a part of the tree's offense in order to just give someone dysentery and sensitivity? Wildewood's Trans also seems incredibly lacking to some of the other -chemantics trans (hi staticfield) and I don't know the numbers on Wyrdenwood's CrimsonMoss. I guess the question is: why would anyone ever pick these skillsets when Druidry exists?
    Because some of us are absolutely awful at melding. Is why I picked up Pyrochem.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    So Pyrochem is bad at what it's intended to do, but as a Group utility+Damage role, it's actually fantastic. I hit like a bus, my passive affs are solid, and I'm tanky as all get out plus  pretty great escape hinders between whisper, doping, and barrier. Basically I don't use the bombs, because they are bad. 

The change to emberdance added some great damage potential, and if you go Dracnari and get the damage artie, you're a damage beast. You absolutely need a group to be successful, , but since PK is mostly groups, it's been working out for me. During nodes, I basically stood in the middle of a group fight and bashed the less tanky people to death in a couple rounds.

I prefer Pyrochem right now because I'm far more mobile, and can pew pew people to death. Though I am lacking in small group (2v2,3v3) fights without high tier players to mesh with.

Melding sucks and is unfun 90% of the time. In general, I hate turtle fights. 

The Woods are...less successful in almost every regard. They can hinder like the dickens, that's about it. The trans skills are terrible, I don't understand them. Bloodmoss can make you kind of niche tanky.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Nienla said:
    So after reading the AB's for Wildewood and Wyrdenwood, what... exactly is it that they do/go for? From what I've read, their scope seems rather limited and their power costs seem obscene for the benefit. It costs 5 power and sacrificing a part of the tree's offense in order to just give someone dysentery and sensitivity? Wildewood's Trans also seems incredibly lacking to some of the other -chemantics trans (hi staticfield) and I don't know the numbers on Wyrdenwood's CrimsonMoss. I guess the question is: why would anyone ever pick these skillsets when Druidry exists?

They go for having an ally with a strong kill progression, basically. You should have seen both of them when they came out, the synergy they have now is miles and miles ahead of what it once was. Wildewoods on release dealt... vertigo, weakness, faeriefire, and 200 mana drain with the flowers. The answer to your last question is "No one does". Both need extensive overhauling, as do (arguably) all of the woodchems. 
  • What's the deal on customizing Ecology familiars? Is that something that can happen, or is it pretty much a lost cause due to the fact that they can be killed without the armor, and thus wouldn't reset?
    come2mag
  • WTB secret to pewpewing people to death as chem.
  • Nienla said:
     I guess the question is: why would anyone ever pick these skillsets when Druidry exists?
    Mostly RP at the moment, you do want to work with another druid in combat, and learn to use your tertiary well.
    But you get to be an Ent!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I need to up my forum game, how do you embed youtube videos.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2016
    Falmiis said:
    WTB secret to pewpewing people to death as chem.
    Go Pyrochem, get level 13 fire buff, go Dracnari, use beast breath fire, use firemead. 

Pew pew pew pew.

(be champion)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2016
    Shuyin said:
    I need to up my forum game, how do you embed youtube videos.
    Here's the scoop. You go to youtube. Under the video, you click share. That should give you a tiny link. Copy paste that link into a forum post. Post it. Boom, video.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Exactly how long do elections take after somebody contests?  
  • There is DIAG to see debuffs but is there a command to see buffs?
    DEF will show what defences you have up.

In discipline, there's the bodyscan ability, which will show you a bunch of stuff as well.
  • edited March 2016
    Lehki said:
    Exactly how long do elections take after somebody contests?  
    AFAIK, You get 100 IG days where people who can vote can see there is an election when they log in and in elections can see who is challenging whom. Then there is 100 IG days for voting.
    Thats about 100 hours for looking and then 100 hours for voting.

• Are you allowed to use curse words in the Bardics? Also, are they once every month, or longer?  Thanks! :)
  • Versalean said:
    Are you allowed to use curse words in the Bardics? Also, are they once every month, or longer?  Thanks! :)
    Bardics are once a month, yep! Sometimes the awarding gets delayed, though.

As for curse words, I imagine it's allowed as long as it's not too excessive.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Bardics are monthly, we should be hearing the results from January soon (please?)

I don't think there's anything in the rules about curse words, although in general I expect it's better to use Lusternian equivalents if you can.