Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Flavour was specific about the conversation happening last Night, though. Would be inconsistent with the rest of the news paper's contents if only that bit was delayed.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Lavinya said:
    Two people with very similar power. It seems entirely conceivable that they work for different teams, presuming they are both being honest. 
    No, my power analyses a specific card, not the person.
  • What exactly did you analyse about me/my card?
  • Nothing fancy. I can just research what the card is and what it does. In your case, I was unable to determine its effect and could only figure out the name and cool down.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Are you a firefighter, or how are you so sure there's an arsonist? Were you prepped?)
  • I'm not a firefighter and if I have been prepped then I don't know it. I do have an ability that suggests to me that there is a firefighter. I won't say any more about it for now.
    Forgive me but I'm not the most savvy when it comes to mafia roles, but are there other roles that works in synergy with firefighters? How does one have an ability that suggests there are firefighters? 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay, unvote since @Weiwae did claim and I'm just tired and playing mafia solely by phone most of Wednesday.

I'll be more coherent after I've eaten dinner, but thought I'd be courteous first and respond to Weiwae.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Err, I meant I have an ability that suggests there is an arsonist.
  • I'm inclined to concur that given Weiwae's and Breandryn's claims, which appear to be effectively the same power, either one of them is lying or they're on opposite teams. Have I missed something in that regard?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ileein said:
    I'm inclined to concur that given Weiwae's and Breandryn's claims, which appear to be effectively the same power, either one of them is lying or they're on opposite teams. Have I missed something in that regard?
    I'm glad I'm not going crazy. They feel awfully similar. Which makes me wonder.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Um. Okay.

Marisa "borrowing" things, including other people's spellcards, seems entirely reasonable and thematic to me. That's more or less how she ended up with Master Spark and Non-Directional Lasers, after all. The apparent similarities between Weiwae and Breandryn's claimed powers is strange, though. Not only that, apparently they both targetted Falmiis within the last two nights? I don't know, I am less inclined to think they are on opposite teams so much as working together. Masons, at the very least. This actually seems plausible, given the history between the two characters.

• Ileein said:
    I'm inclined to concur that given Weiwae's and Breandryn's claims, which appear to be effectively the same power, either one of them is lying or they're on opposite teams. Have I missed something in that regard?
    They are similar, but there are differences. Mine targets the card, not the player, which obviously means the card has to have been played for me to study it. That said, they do seem fairly similar. No, I am not a Mason.

We probably both picked @Falmiis because his card looked bamf. Honestly, that's why I did.

I also realize now, having looked over the card duel spreadsheet, that what I thought was confirmation is actually just public knowledge (I didn't realize the full card name had been revealed during Falmiis' duel). I do know the type and cooldown, if that's any help. I'll keep those to myself for now, in case @Weiwae's investigation needs to be double-checked.

So, yeah, ignore what I said, I guess. 

Hmm, alright. In the meantime, I'm really not inclined to think Kalaneya is without role powers. If she didn't target Weiwae, then hey, okay. But Weiwae apparently targetted her first night, then Falmiis on the second, and then Aya's reporting is kind of ambiguous. Not sure if I like that.
  • Sorry if I missed this earlier, but can you use these cards, Breandryn? I'm just not sure what the benefit of knowing what a person's card is if you can't duel yourself unless you're using that information for someone else's benefit. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm sorry, I played a "HAHAHAHAHA, no." card that blasted someone into the dirt, and you thought Falmiis had an interesting card you wanted to borrow?
  • Luce said:
    I'm sorry, I played a "HAHAHAHAHA, no." card that blasted someone into the dirt, and you thought Falmiis had an interesting card you wanted to borrow?
    He had 6 wings and a hailstorm of divinely glowing bullets. Waaaaay cooler.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tch, you need your eyes checked. I was on fire, and had lasers shooting out of -hrk. (stupid stomach. Wait, no that's a kidney. Is that supposed to be outside?)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce is jelly.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Hmm. So, @Slyandra, you didn't put your vote back and have remain unvoted. Have you changed your mind at all with Cyndarin, or simply don't feel the need to pressure at this time?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (Is "Slyandra" on purpose?)
    (yes, yes it is)

#bringShikariback 

Oh, no, that was a typo. It is a pretty good one, though.

Also, @Ileein - I want to poke at your immunities a bit again. I feel like you might have some confusion on what exactly it covers. If so, it is just down to the nature of the wording? If there is an arsonist, then I guess that could explain that issue.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I don't know what to make of Weiwae/Kalaneya vs. news reporter, but am mainly still trying to think on whether the lack of kills is more likely due to cult/arsonist mechanics, or the roleblocker/doctor doing their jobs.

No one claimed being blocked last night, right? All we know is Cyndarin was jailed from Yarith?

So if no-one noticed being blocked, it could be another point toward Kiradawea's no-self-watcher policy, if whoever was blocked wasn't taking a night action? This again would point me toward cult/arsonist mechanics being the explanation for lack of kills, even if silent arson prep is unpalatable.

That said, I can kind of see why silent arson prep might be a thing though in a game with a cult. If everyone is announcing they were prepped, the cult would not be inclined to recruit those people, knowing they're at risk of blowing up. When fuse is lit, those people die and cult are left with an easy majority. Silent arson prep means cult is at as much risk of having its own members blown up by arsonist.

Anyway, should be interesting to see how Kiradawea balanced stuff at game-end...
    Wait Yarith jailed Celina on night 2?

#bringShikariback 

No one has claimed to be blocked that I know of. I think Yarith mentioned jailing Cyndarin, and that was kind of it.
  • Personally, I'm not really inclined towards seeing Weiwae as scum. That's mostly due to the connection between us and knowing that I'm town though, so if Kira is throwing curve balls, it could be.
    Yarith said:
    That sits with both my proposed solution for Tamashi's power and with my claimed observation Cyndarin's chainsaw defence. 
    .. Incidentally I jailed Cyndarin last night because of the chainsaw defence.
    Double checked, was on page 43.
  • Vivet said:
    Oh, no, that was a typo. It is a pretty good one, though.

Also, @Ileein - I want to poke at your immunities a bit again. I feel like you might have some confusion on what exactly it covers. If so, it is just down to the nature of the wording? If there is an arsonist, then I guess that could explain that issue.

I cannot be eliminated except by lynching; that's the plain meaning of my role PM. Any confusion really only comes down to whether or not something counts as an elimination, as well as whether it includes alterations of win conditions from things like conversion.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Oh, sorry I had missed Weiwae's roleclaim. This is all still rather suspicious, but not sure where to go with it.

@Ileein another question. You said your investigation reveals name and power right? So doesn't necessarily show alignment if somebody has an ambiguous power?