Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    How do broadcast abilities work? This is my first mafia with one!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It's... really variable? Sometimes you get a limited space to write a message for the opening dayphase. (That is my guess on what Aya is doing here.) 

Sometimes it works as an investigation with results broadcast by the mod (something I doubt is the case here, considering it doesn't read like an investigation).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Can you be a broadcaster and have investigative abilities at the same time? It may be possible and the broadcaster, if town, might be trying to tell us something. Or they may just be trying to start a lynch train(admittedly, even scum can have the same motivation). If scum are trying to start a train and deflect suspicion, why Weiwae and Kala? Are they too quiet for their taste? If I were scum, I'd cast more suspicion on folks who are being suspected by other players already(AKA Ileen and me, for example) and actively/subtly push the lynch train that way.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Yeah, you can be a broadcaster and have other abilities as well. I think it's very likely given the nature of the newspost's contents. Seems more like a tracker or watcher than a classic investigator though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Following that line of thought, I think it's very likely that Weiwae and Kalaneya both have night powers! 

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Following that line of thought, I think it's very likely that Weiwae and Kalaneya both have night powers! 
    Very probably, and in that case I would suspect our Aya is a tracker who spent the night watching one of the two of them.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    What interests me is the fact that the flavour text given makes it sound like Weiwae and Kala are peas from the same pod, if you take my meaning.

#bringShikariback 

• Didn't weiwae flat out say he had a night action?
    @Kalaneya and @Weiwae really ought to speak up. -Both- of them denying this just screams Nefarious Evil-Doing to me.
    Daraius said:
    Breandryn said:
    Didn't weiwae flat out say he had a night action?
    Sorry! I must have missed it!

#bringShikariback 

Yeah but he didn't answer to the opening day's announcement about him and Kalaneya canoodling. Didn't he make some 'oh, you know rumors' kind of reply?
    Daraius said:
    Quick question! Can scum folks talk to each other during the day phase?

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not usually, no. Night chat is mafia and mason's main power, but during the day most games only let dead speak to each other, and that's if there's a dead chat at all. Given the stumping rule, that seems unlikely.

For the curious, Weiwae essentially shrugged his shoulders and said "rumors, eh?" to the thing on 43, while Kalaneya outright denied doing anything like that with Weiwae on page 45. 
  • Both of them denied speaking with each other last night. So again, either we can't trust Aya, or the two of them are hiding something.

I think it was Ileein that described her roleblock on the first night as somebody coming up to her and just talking for hours. So it's possible that's what happened and the blocked person didn't want to out the roleblocker which is why they both denied it. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I thought that block was last night, leading Ileein to investigate Cirnokarin.
  • Luce said:
    I thought that block was last night, leading Ileein to investigate Cirnokarin.
    No. I was describing my first night roleblock. I was not blocked last night.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Unvote

Vote: Weiwae

Weiwae never denied or confirmed the accuracy of the report. Kalaneya denied. From this, I'm going to guess that Weiwae targeted Kalaneya, who may or may not have known she was targeted at all. Basically, Weiwae seems to be intentionally obfuscating information that could help town know whether or not to trust this Aya person; if someone had imagined me doing something I hadn't done at night, I would probably be hella suspicious.
    Daraius said:
  • Wow how did you all miss my full roll claim which including me telling you what I did both nights?

To reiterate the first night I looked at kalaneya's cards and the second night I looked at falmiis's cards.

Did you not see my first post of the day where I asked why lekhi thought I spoke to anyone ?  Sheesh!
  • I can confirm that Weiwae is being honest about at least part of what he's told us regarding Falmiis.
    Does that mean Kala was targetting Weiwae, then?

#bringShikariback 

• No idea. All I know is that his info about the spellcard Falmiis had matches mine. He could have maybe googled it, but it matches up with what I learned and my googlefu failed me on getting more info, so I am inclined to believe he is being honest.
    How do you know about Falmiis' cards? Did you target him last night, too?

#bringShikariback 

• I studied his card. That is my ability. I bet Vivet already guessed that though, knowing what character I am :p
    Ohh, when did you study them?

#bringShikariback 

• Last night. I didn't study any cards night 1. My internet was out :(
  • Wait, so both of you checked my cards out?
  • Oh baby youuuu got what I neeeeed
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Two people with very similar power. It seems entirely conceivable that they work for different teams, presuming they are both being honest. 

• I'm inclined to believe that the Aya character is a player as well, trying to...do something, else I agree, Kira would debunk like she debunked the hardware ad if it was flavour.

I can't figure out what the motive is, though. Throw shade on a couple people? Sow suspicion? This would point towards that character being mafia, or at least having a third party-type motive.

If they're town, maybe hinting that something has happened to us both that at least I'm not aware of (you guys got me scared of this possible arson thing)? I haven't received any messages hinting that something was up with my character.

I haven't targeted Weiwae at all, and he's claiming he targeted me the first night, which I had no indication of; we certainly haven't talked, is what I'm saying. Maybe this is a power that is able to tell who targeted whom and they used it on Weiwae? Is that power even a thing? 

Many questions, but I don't really have anything to add but pure speculation.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tracker is usually able to see who their target targets, yeah. And Watchers see who targets their target. I think someone said it might be on a delay, which might match up if Weiwae targeted you the night before. Occam's Razor says either it's a delayed power reporting what happened two nights before, or it's spun from whole cloth.