Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Well damn. Okay.

Another question for @Ileein. Sorry if this was clarified before, but your role stated that you definitely lose if you get lynched? No trying to get them lynched still while stumped? 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    OOoookay, that was a dragon. Anyone else see the dragon? Holy shit. So it looks like either Kalaneya was scum or town, I guess we have to wait for Hoaracle to confirm.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Lehki said:
    Well damn. Okay.

Another question for @Ileein. Sorry if this was clarified before, but your role stated that you definitely lose if you get lynched? No trying to get them lynched still while stumped? 
    Yep, gotta get them lynched before I get lynched.

Also, wowee. Did not see that coming at all.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Lehki said:
    Well damn. Okay.

If Pollux (I think that's the right name) has to get Rat lynched, the same is true for the opposite. Whichever gets lynched first, the other wins, and since they're immune to nightkills, they can only get killed during the day. I assume if they were dayvigged, they could technically still win, but it might also turn their opposite into a powered up version of their role, or perhaps a jester.

• Vivet said:
    She should be a stump now, as nearly as I can tell. In the event of being eliminated, you're a stump until you have decisively won/lost, no?
    And yes. Anyone who stumps but doesn't flip is on a team that has not yet decisively won or lost. Leaving Kalaneya either Town or Mafia, or theoretically a third party team, but most third party objectives rely on not getting lynched.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:
    OOoookay, that was a dragon. Anyone else see the dragon? Holy shit. So it looks like either Kalaneya was scum or town, I guess we have to wait for Hoaracle to confirm.
    Hoaracle..?
    Stumpy.

Wow, just realised that joke may come across as slightly offencive. I didn't mean it that way, if it did, and I'm sorry!

Anyway, now we're back on finding the Rat?

• Wait, so Vivet just murked Kalaneya? And we are cool with this?
  • Breandryn said:
    Wait, so Vivet just murked Kalaneya? And we are cool with this?
    Ehhh... It was either a swift and decisive strike or a hasty and rash mistake. There was definitely something odd with Kalaneya based on the information we had, and even though I would have preferred that Vivet had let Kalaneya speak first, I see where she was coming from (and have done similar things for similar reasons in other games... Sorry again @Lavinya :()

From my perspective, it's eyebrow raising but not necessarily damning.
    Since we know it's one-shot, as well, it's a bit easier to let go. If she had the ability to dayvig repeatedly, then I think no one here would consider it not damning. 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So can we have a summary of who is alive? I feel like I see the same people posting actively.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Ripped from my notepad:

Mafia Status:

DED - 

Kalaneya
    Tamashi

ALIVE-

Else

Not Posting as much?-

u lol
    Iosion
    Ushaara?
    Melali
    Iosion?
    Yarith (substance)

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thank you! :D 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well then. That was unexpected. 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The Player list (Quoted from front page, original content donut steel):
    1: Iosion
    2: Ssaliss
    3: Lavinya
    4: Tremula
    5: Synkarin
    6: Lehki
    7: Breandryn
    8: Melali
    9: Vivet
    10: Othero
    11: Cynadrin
    12: Ushaara
    13: Krackenor
    14: Ileein
    15: Sylandra
    16: Kalaneya - Dead
    17: Falmiis
    18: Siam
    19: Tamashi - V. Dead
    20: Luce
    21: Weiwae
    22: Yarith

Based on my own observations, Cyndarin has mostly popped in to defend herself or press against Ileein, but that can be explained by work and moving stuff. Othero pops in every now and again, just often enough that he's not on my radar, Lehki drops in and out of activity, and I forgot Iosion and Melali were playing.

That in mind, Unvote, Vote: @Melali. Let's get to poking.
  • Technically, everyone but Tamashi can still talk, since Kalaneya was just stumped.

And yea, I haven't been talking much, since I don't have a clear idea on how to proceed, and no new info to impart. I'm still partial to lynching Ileein, since he's not Town and we've not had conformation on his investigative abilities (he hasn't told us Synkarin's ability).

Of course, there's also Weiwae and Breandryn, who've been fingered in the faux investigative report. And remember, assuming that Tamashi told the truth and the Mafia are the same four  that wasn't too impede reconstruction, we only have three Mafia left, out of 20 people. Also, since someone died and Luce had a cold, we only need 10 votes to lynch, or 9 if people lose Resilience in the future. 
  • P.S. this is actually in response to Siam. Phones male for slow typing. 
  • I wasn't fingered in the report. The video about my character was flavor added by Kiradawea for lulz.
  • Ah, no chance to defend myself since I was at work.  

I was Mamizou. My power was to transform two people into each other during the night. So a bus driver. I win with the town.

I didn't use this power so far. My plan was to have someone investigate and confirm Ileein's role, then switch him with someone I thought was town so that they'd be kill protected. I thought someone might do this last night Ileein had been under the microscope. I hadn't used it yet because I didn't want to mess up any investigations near the beginning of the game. It seemed to me that my power was best used later game when I had good information on who was town, then use the night immune person as a meatshield. I would have used it tonight since by now, he's more useful as a meatshield in case of arson. I would have probably used it on Falmiis, who's implying he's a firefighter.

Sure, Vivet gave me time to confirm that I was Mamizou, but there's no reason that confirming my character should make a difference if we're saying that all girls in touhou have reason to be town or mafia. Claiming Mamizou would have also forced a power claim since Vivet was SO SO suspicious of Mamizou carte blanche (as you can see, people were asking for my day power claim before being killed). Given the nature of my power, which is essentially a doctor, I didn't and wouldn't have wanted to reveal this. There was no way Vivet who was going to let me go without a total role claim after which I would have encouraged town to lynch me because of the following reason:

The other reason why I didn't want to reveal this was because my role also said I "start as town". You all obviously can see why bus driver is an incredible mafia power in causing huge confusion in investigations. I wanted to hide that from a cult as well.

I'm not totally sure why Vivet was always so suspicious of me and my character. What unsettles me about Vivet is that she's knows the flavor so well that she is able to manipulate others into thinking whatever she wants them to think about whatever character she wants and not many of us can say otherwise because we just don't have the knowledge of the flavor, which is what happened here. It was choo choo all the way to my death without even giving me the opportunity to say anything. I had thought she was town, but (and this might be the salt talking) now I don't really know. She killed a powerful (ok maybe overestimating power here) townie for literally no reason other than flavor. Say what you want about implying I should role claim but if you're not going to come out and ask, in my situation, I'm not going to tell you. And like I said, even if I do, I might be better off dead or repeatedly using the power on myself to avoid conversion. I do think my power would have been more useful than her limited powers though, and I'm sad I didn't get to use it.

Sorry I let you down, town. 
  • To clarify, I didn't have a day power, just using that as an example of why people would have wanted a power claim.
    Kalaneya you just made ms so sad. I hope we have a tree doctor somewhere. ;-;

• I'll just be RPing an ent from now on. Expect one word per line across multiple posts, folks.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To be fair, I try to kill bus drivers no matter what team I'm on. It's just too much chaos, and it makes investigation results a lot dicier. You're actually less risky for town as you are, even without a vote.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:
    Kalaneya you just made ms so sad. I hope we have a tree doctor somewhere. ;-;
    I doubt the tree is a doctor.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, bus driver.

And don't be sorry, just stay proactive. With things as they are now, I'm liable to shift back and not rush use of what little I've got left. The dangerous one is gone now, so that should help temper my own anxiety.

• Breandryn said:
    I wasn't fingered in the report. The video about my character was flavor added by Kiradawea for lulz.
    Ah, sorry. I misremembered. You're right, it was Kalaneya and Weiwae. Which does beg the question, why would someone say that the two of them were together? 
  • Guess that makes me feel a little better if you guys think I'm better off dead.

When Ileein revealed his night immunity, I thought I was going to use my power productively though! 
  • So, so far Vivet has tried to get herself lynched and has killed our doctor...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm, so if all that is true, we'd still have no explanation for why the news report put Weiwae and Kalaneya together. Unless Weiwae is lying about which night he cardcopied/investigated people, and it was Falmiis the first night and Kalaneya the second rather than the reverse order he claimed? That seems like such a weird lie to make though, especially if the news report gets confirmed as town-aligned as the game progresses...

Inclined to believe Kalaneya was scum, but lack of role-reveals have me second-guessing all the things! :(