Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• No, not doctor, bus driver. Big difference. Presumably, the actual doctor is still out there. Just was my plan to function like a second doctor.
  • There are no buses in Gensokyou! 
    Unfortunate though. 

We have a lot of information but not much to work with.  :S
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think if we're rolling with the theory that the journalist is a player - it doesn't make sense that they would see what happened last night, but likely see what happened the first night and then relayed it to us the second night. I think Weiwae has provided a sufficient reason for why he was fingered, and he's justified it.

I think we need to look at quieter people trying to fly under the radar. Like @Iosion.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unvote, Vote: Iosion

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, so delayed reporting? Hmm... that'd change things alright.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The idea was mentioned previously, but keeps getting shot down. I guess it boils down to whether it's broadcast for the reporter or if they have to broadcast it for themself.
  • By the way, @Weiwae, which cards did I have?
  • Melali said:
    Technically, everyone but Tamashi can still talk, since Kalaneya was just stumped.

And yea, I haven't been talking much, since I don't have a clear idea on how to proceed, and no new info to impart. I'm still partial to lynching Ileein, since he's not Town and we've not had conformation on his investigative abilities (he hasn't told us Synkarin's ability).

Of course, there's also Weiwae and Breandryn, who've been fingered in the faux investigative report. And remember, assuming that Tamashi told the truth and the Mafia are the same four  that wasn't too impede reconstruction, we only have three Mafia left, out of 20 people. Also, since someone died and Luce had a cold, we only need 10 votes to lynch, or 9 if people lose Resilience in the future. 
    I didn't actually come out and state Synkarin's power, but I did confirm both their role and that they had, and have been using, a night power.

I can also tell you that this thing where they say "Eye'm the smartest/strongest" isn't just a nod to the flavor or an attempt at roleplay, it's a part of their role.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I think it's worth pointing out that Breandryn wasn't fingered in the Bunbunmaru, people just got caught up and confused in the similarities between the apparent role powers for Rinnosuke (her) and Marisa (Weiwae).

The hardware store ad is confirmed to just be random flavour for giggles.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, you mean every time I call out ⑨ for killing me (pretty sure, at this point. That's definitely my kidney and it isn't supposed to be that color) she has to defend herself?
  • So it kind of sounds like Ratatoskr's a mirror/rival to Pollux, which if it is the case, we really should just lynch him now and knock them both out. I can't shake the feeling that offing Pollux won't just remove the troll squirrel god and will instead empower him. This might just be from coming off of Tremula's crazy power heavy game as my first real one though.

Would like to get towns opinion on how likely the latter scenario is in one of Kiradawea's games.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's literally what happened in Kira's last game. "Pollux" got taken out night 1, "Ratatoskr" Became more or less invulnerable.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rat-god had a night kill in that game?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Breandryn said:
    So, so far Vivet has tried to get herself lynched and has killed our doctor...
    Bus driver != doctor. But if @Kalaneya had used the power the way she's describing, yeah, she could have basically doctored people by putting @Ileein at risk. Which since he is a dirty third party, would be a good play. Little bit surprised that @Vivet didn't wait for Kalaneya to speak, but I also understand why she didn't, somewhat. Maybe she was worried that Kalaneya would make too compelling a case for herself, evading suspicion and then making the dayvig look scummy? Who knows, who knows.

That's the thing about this game, too: assuming there are cults, some powers that start out as town can be damning late-game if converted. Something tells me that's one reason we're seeing dayvig and executioner powers utilized so early; they're especially dangerous in the hands of mafia or a cult.

@Breandryn, I'm getting this vibe you're suspicious of Vivet. She's explained what powers she has left and given us a roleclaim and openly claimed the dayvig. What about her do you find untrustworthy?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Siam said:
    Rat-god had a night kill in that game?
    No. He had to rely on making town lynch itself once the mafia was gone and foil every third party win, and could only try to buddy up with the serial killer for help otherwise. In order to accomplish this, he'd always get the most favourable results on investigations, his own investigation power basically revealed the target's entire role card, and he could send up to three messages per night via the mod, which could be whatever he wanted them to be.

Given the lack of information we are gleaning from night PMs, I find it unlikely he has the same power set. I'm really not sure what he'd be up to in this game, aside from trying to avoid/nix Pollux. I'm actually kind of surprised the Rat didn't just role reveal and try to convince us to lynch Pollux instead, if that is his only objective.

Synkarin said:
    I think if we're rolling with the theory that the journalist is a player - it doesn't make sense that they would see what happened last night, but likely see what happened the first night and then relayed it to us the second night. I think Weiwae has provided a sufficient reason for why he was fingered, and he's justified it.

I think we need to look at quieter people trying to fly under the radar. Like @Iosion.
    Missed this. Okay. That makes sense to me. Information moves so quickly this game! I'm struggling to recall everything.

Something I'd like to pose: can we assume we don't have a coroner? Because I'd hope the coroner would have used their power by now.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    My worry about taking out Ileein now would be the 'unknown if overlap with saboteurs' warning of the original census.

The following is my 'guess-the-mod-setup'

If we take it that Yarith is town, Ileein is third-party, then I think it is quite likely that Ratatoskr does overlap with the saboteurs, in which case it'd be unlikely he'll be removed by lynching Ileein.

So Ratatoskr as saboteur would put the initial set up as 5 saboteurs, 1 cult leader, with a 16 vs. 6 town/threat start.

The 'on paper' balancing then has town 'losing' two members each night to arsonist + conversion, plus the realistic scenario of a few info-starved town mislynches/vigilante misfires, and we only have ~5 nights of guaranteed majority.

Executioner taking out Tamashi so early might have skewed the numbers for town, but still possible that whoever was converted has inherited the conversion ability. :/
  • Sylandra said:
    Breandryn said:
    So, so far Vivet has tried to get herself lynched and has killed our doctor...
    Bus driver != doctor. But if @Kalaneya had used the power the way she's describing, yeah, she could have basically doctored people by putting @Ileein at risk. Which since he is a dirty third party, would be a good play. Little bit surprised that @Vivet didn't wait for Kalaneya to speak, but I also understand why she didn't, somewhat. Maybe she was worried that Kalaneya would make too compelling a case for herself, evading suspicion and then making the dayvig look scummy? Who knows, who knows.

That's the thing about this game, too: assuming there are cults, some powers that start out as town can be damning late-game if converted. Something tells me that's one reason we're seeing dayvig and executioner powers utilized so early; they're especially dangerous in the hands of mafia or a cult.

@Breandryn, I'm getting this vibe you're suspicious of Vivet. She's explained what powers she has left and given us a roleclaim and openly claimed the dayvig. What about her do you find untrustworthy?
    Trying to vote herself off is odd. Killing Kalaneya as quickly as she did strikes me as capitalizing on momentum of the forming lynch train vs working with the town to best use her power.
    It was honestly between her and Cyndarin. This is why I brought the subject of Cyndarin back up again, to see if any would comment on it. I also wanted enough time left in the day to consider a lynch as well, instead of squeezing it in at the end (or perhaps no lynch, if people are more comfortable with that).
  • Yes but why use it TODAY? If you never end up converted, you've wasted a very potent victory clincher to kill a teammate. If you do get converted, you're down a power that could have helped your faction a lot.

I am not understanding the logic of doing this, unless you are something other than town.
    I'm town now, so my town mindset makes me want to remove/clear potential threats. Especially for the late game. You do make a good point - if I did get converted to some other faction and I still had it, it would be a boon to them. But due to how my mentality works, that is precisely why I should work to remove it while I am town.

You're thinking from the perspective of "how can -I- win", which is perfectly fine and valid. I'm just unorthodox in that regard.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ileein hit the nail on the head for me, and no I don't have to say it every time Luce. Once a day though when my intelligence or strength is insulted. 

Because Eye'm the smartest AND the strongest. 

I still think Celina is fishy. I don't think she really cleared her suspicion and I think Tamashi really accidentally outed her. I'm willing to wait on it a night though.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm most tempted to either jail her or Siam. 
    I feel at odds with Siam more though.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Oh, I almost forgot. Since I used my dayvig, I can't use any ability tonight. As a result, I suffer no real penalty from wagering ability on a spellcard duel and losing. So, @Ssaliss @Luce, if either of you want to, I can accept a duel with you using Monkey Climbs the Tree.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I might take you up just to keep Ssaliss from getting closer to his win.
  • ... My win is with town. Simple as that.
    Luce said:
    What gives you the impression Ssaliss has a different win condition?
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Luce said:
    What gives you the impression Ssaliss has a different win condition?
    I'm assuming the logic there is that since I said I had something to gain from dueling, and I followed it up by dueling, he drew the conclusion it had to do with my win condition. Which it doesn't. Personally, I'm more suspicious of people who claim to have something to gain from dueling who then don't duel.
  • I'm on mobile so forgive the typos. @Kalaneya cards were reimus coming power 10 with 3 day cool down. Zigzag no cooldiwn power of 6 and the last one was storm of wild beast no colldown and had a power of 7.

Now you all have something to compare your spell card strengths against.
  • I still don't see what was odd about kalenyas cards. I'm also not liking vivets behaviour. And I further don't see why vivet went on this crusade against kalenya but is like 'whatever ' with falmiis's cards.

vote vivet