Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ushaara said:
    It -could- potentially explain why we haven't had any nightkills yet though. :?
    Oh, yeah. That would be something to consider, if we don't think anyone is able to convert at this time.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    But let's say there is an arsonist. For whatever reason, no one commented on one appearing the previous dayphase. I'm going to say that the hypothetical arsonist could very well have been blocked the first night and thus unable to act until last night. Which brings me back to skepticism at Ileein and Siam. Alternatively they chose not to act (unlikely) or they tried to target Siam (possible).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Right, we're already information starved as is, so a silent arsonist does seem overkill, but would have thought if someone would have figured something weird was up if they were being prepped, a la Tudor roses. So far the only claimed night-time visible actions have been someone roleblocking Ileein, and Yarith's hugs.

I'd assume someone would be aware that they were attacked (if they also survived the attack), but Kiradawea did mention something about not knowing if you were targeted at some point, so even that may not be able to be taken for granted. Hrmwrm...

But on the three points: lack of observed attacks + lack of observed arsonist marking + Falmiis' insistence that there's an arsonist, a possible conclusion

-> Falmiis is a firefighter and thus knows there's an arsonist present.

If true, we're screwed if he's mafia role-blocked/otherwise taken out. :smiley:

Huh, maybe. I was thinking he might have been a target, but that's a very plausible theory.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Re: not knowing if you're targeted, that was in reference to general non-hostile abilities, IIRC. I'll try to dig her exact quote out when I get back home (it should be on the first few pages though).
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Kiradawea said:
    (Also questions to be answered. Regarding flavour. Flavour is for flavour. All relevant details should be filtered out and appear underneath the news header.

As a small aside, that goes for any and all role-messages as well. You should all have gotten a small line at the bottom that tells you exactly what the flavour means. If you think your role-message means anything that isn't written on that small bottom line, you're probably wrong.

Furthermore, you will generally only receive results if they're relevant to future behaviour, like eliminations or a loss of vote. These will be obvious come day after all. Anything else would be giving people self-watcher powers. I learned the hard way just how powerful that is for town during the chimaera mafia)
    There's the post in question. So no self-watcher powers could be interpreted as no arson prep awareness... :?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't know. I'm pretty sure an arsonist's mark would constitute "relevant to future behaviour", but if there's always going to be a clarification line explaining the flavour... hmm.
    Not telling someone they're an arson target is pretty questionable though. Sure, I wanted in Reign to give people a heads up without 100% coming right out and saying "psssst arsonist," because I do get that giving the definite arson bit away takes some teeth from the attack. But no awareness? At all? That doesn't sit right with me.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unless ⑨ is setting up for it...
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Eye'm not an arsonist. If @Ileein really knows my powers - he can confirm that.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah, it'd be an odd setup for that to be the case anyway, since your first target was you.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sylandra said:
    Would be amusing if Siam was Minoriko Aki. Potato spell cards etc.
    @Kiradawea, YOU NEVER SAID THERE WERE POTATO GIRLS D:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Also, I don't think you won't get an idea that you were just targetted. I mean, I got the hugging message when I was jailed, right? Also, I didn't consider an arsonist right away because I was gung ho on the idea that there was a cult. Sylandra clearly has a strain of geomelophobia! D: Am I that suspicious?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Thank you, Siam, for making me look up that word to make sure it wasn't talking about the Thing.
    Siam said:
    Also, I don't think you won't get an idea that you were just targetted. I mean, I got the hugging message when I was jailed, right? Also, I didn't consider an arsonist right away because I was gung ho on the idea that there was a cult. Sylandra clearly has a strain of geomelophobia! D: Am I that suspicious?!
    Any who had been roleblocked would be suspicious. I included Ileein in my post for that reason. You unfortunately are in that position as well!
    Daraius said:
    I totally understand, no worries! ;) I just wanted an excuse to use geomelophobia. There. I said it again! :)

#bringShikariback 

Luce said:
    Thank you, Siam, for making me look up that word to make sure it wasn't talking about the Thing.
    You're welcome!

#bringShikariback 

• Synkarin said:
    Eye'm not an arsonist. If @Ileein really knows my powers - he can confirm that.
    Yep. Synkarin is not an arsonist, and has been using his powers.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I'll still leery of Siam as well, though that may have something to do with his flippancy and my natural hatred of all things light and happy.

Anyway, I've been re-reading the news post to see if anything useful could be gleaned from it, and I think it's possible (based off of the wording in the last paragraph) that the referenced @Weiwae/@Kalaneya rendezvous did not happen last night, but rather the night before. I might be reading into it too deeply, but can anything be confirmed in that regard?
  • Krackenor said:
    I'll still leery of Siam as well, though that may have something to do with his flippancy and my natural hatred of all things light and happy.

Anyway, I've been re-reading the news post to see if anything useful could be gleaned from it, and I think it's possible (based off of the wording in the last paragraph) that the referenced @Weiwae/@Kalaneya rendezvous did not happen last night, but rather the night before. I might be reading into it too deeply, but can anything be confirmed in that regard?
    Read it over a few times and it's not reading that way to me.  Either Aya is lieing in her news report, or Weiwae and Kalaneya are hiding something. 
    It's still unclear to me if Aya is the mod doing flavor or if she's a player using a power.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    It's still unclear to me if Aya is the mod doing flavor or if she's a player using a power.
    I feel pretty sure it's a player. @Kiradawea has been made a point of pointing out what's just flavor, and that she hasn't stepped up and commented that "oh that was just flavor" says to me it is something we're supposed to be considering.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Every time @Tremula brings up Lettuce I keep thinking of the Tokyo Mew Mew magical girl character.

So that's a thing.
    Daraius said:
  • You're not in charge anymore Tremula! A lettuce leaf is just a lettuce leaf again.

Why settle for a lettuce when you can go for potatoes?

#bringShikariback 

• Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    I'll still leery of Siam as well, though that may have something to do with his flippancy and my natural hatred of all things light and happy.

Read it over a few times and it's not reading that way to me.  Either Aya is lieing in her news report, or Weiwae and Kalaneya are hiding something. 
    It's mainly the line about night falling that turned me to that line of thinking, though I agree it's annoyingly ambiguous.
    If a player gets to write the posts I have a good feeling about who the Aya among us is. But, that's nothing up for concern right now, so I'll tuck that hunch away for later.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    If a player gets to write the posts I have a good feeling about who the Aya among us is. But, that's nothing up for concern right now, so I'll tuck that hunch away for later.
    My suspicion at present is that Aya is a player, with a Carlos-style broadcast ability. In which case we should be looking very hard at those it points out as suspicious. I wouldn't expect it to be foolproof-- after all, it does take the form of some distinctly banana-hued journalism-- but it's also not something Town should ignore.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Sure. But Kira is also a mod who sometimes lets us have say in the flavor of our actions, as Gods and Monsters showed us. And the specificity of the post struck me as potentially written by Aya's player rather than Kira. Just thinking aloud is all.
    Daraius said: