Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The strange thing I see is that...he didn't flip. I'm going to take that as meaning he got lucky early on and (if he's describing his power correctly) dueled someone on day zero that allowed him to see who they were underneath their seed. He recruited them night zero, and now we'll be left to wonder if they inherited his investigative power or if they'll be taking a shot in the dark every time they recruit someone (and this is going off of the theory that in Kira's cults, the remaining cultists get the ability to try and convert if the leader is taken out). Maybe we should pay special attention to who is trying to duel the most?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This is why I was so hesitant about dueling every person in sight. Y'all never know what information you're giving!

Let me think. @Siam and @Ssaliss have both dueled a large amount. Of the two, I remain iffy about Siam. No one else sticks out to me as being a duel-fiend, but I might be missing something from the previous 40 pages?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    And as I'm thinking about it, we should look at all the people he dueled yesterday and what he said after that. If I were Tamashi, this would be my thought process:

Night after I properly convert someone:

A - Share my list of people I can convert.
    B - Create a key phrase or word that I would say after dueling someone and identifying them.
    C - Repeat the phrase if I've been stumped on someone that I know they can convert they haven't.

Of course, if they don't immediately get to join a chat and have a small amount of time to discuss (such as the tiny split between night messages being sent out and day opening post being made), this goes entirely out the window. I dislike being at work/sleeping when most of the action is going on, though, so I'm trying to offer my thoughts and opinions now so they can be dissected, worked through, and I can read the discussion when I come back later tonight.

Also poor town, two cult games in a row. I think Kira's showing everyone how a cult mechanic is supposed to be used, though, it seems a lot more finished than my Chosen Cult style.

Sylandra said:
    This is why I was so hesitant about dueling every person in sight. Y'all never know what information you're giving!

Let me think. @Siam and @Ssaliss have both dueled a large amount. Of the two, I remain iffy about Siam. No one else sticks out to me as being a duel-fiend, but I might be missing something from the previous 40 pages?
    If I'm believing Tamashi (which I'm forced to give a small amount of credence to, even though I'm dubious of a cult leader dying and not flipping, then voluntarily giving out information about his own role) then he has a power that allows him to investigate through danmaku. That ability, as well as my own to boost someone's ability in a duel (I'm thinking this will be much more important later on when I have suspicious about someone who is dueling for a proper wager), makes me more likely to believe whichever one it was that claimed a win condition based around winning danmaku. If the above is also true, I think @Yarith might have one of the toughest win conditions I could concoct, being given weak cards and forced to try and win a duel with them.

Stick with us, you fun-having amalgamation, and help us win against the mafia and I'll empower you so that way you can win one spell duel, at least. (Also, do forfeits count for that win condition, or does it need to be a proper victory?)

Lavinya didn't duel yesterday, so I'm hoping after I see echo shield go off today I'll get a hint as to whether or not it'll get stronger. 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    We need to look at who he dueled Day 0 right? See if any of those are potential cultists.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Sylandra said:
    Hahahaha. Oh man. That's so great. We got the mafia boss executed on Day 1. Highfives, team. And he even voted for me. Wow. Hahaha. So good.

So we can pretty much now erase the executioner = mafia theory, and confirm that cults are a thing. And that not all of us can be converted, which is good to know and explains his spotty power.

Other information: mafia seems to be the Taoist variety. Of course, stumping means @Tamashi might very well be lying to try and cover up the actual names of his compatriots. But him being mafia? That we can take as true, I think. Town wouldn't have any reason to lie about that, and if he was Ratatoskr, he would have flipped when he died.

Who was defending Tamashi, anyway?
    Good grief, some people. Quoting this specifically because this is the biggest part. Go read my big post again. I'm literally confused on -WHY- I'm a stump, and that I should've flipped. I even said that. Someone hit the nail on the head, I did get a lucky conversion since I didn't duel, but their name never got revealed because I never had a need to duel them.

Also, the mafia is not a Taoist thing anymore, considering I was the lead and it's disbanded. I severely doubt religions have anything to do with this game setup still, and that's coming from the person who was supposed to be leading it. Side note, keep me out of conspiracies, and literally nobody was defending me, ever. The scummiest thing people can do is try to pin people to me, because there's no evidence what-so-ever. If you guys wanna witch hunt @CyndarinAscends for being intelligent and seeing through some bullshit, then I'm sorry for you.

I tried to be extra nice and courteous to push the game forward, but there are just people who will jump at anything to make a connection or tear someone down. Total props to @Vivet and Cyndarin for piecing things together as they did. So do yourselves the favor and actually take the information being given to you, read the information as is like you would a book, and put down your over analyzer glasses. I swear being honest with people is the hardest thing because nobody understands that honest people exist.

To end rant - tl;dr only quoting @Sylandra because it was the biggest post analyzing things. Be happy with information that you don't deserve :).
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Salty.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Tremula said:
    And as I'm thinking about it, we should look at all the people he dueled yesterday and what he said after that. If I were Tamashi, this would be my thought process:

Night after I properly convert someone:

A - Share my list of people I can convert.
    B - Create a key phrase or word that I would say after dueling someone and identifying them.
    C - Repeat the phrase if I've been stumped on someone that I know they can convert they haven't.

Of course, if they don't immediately get to join a chat and have a small amount of time to discuss (such as the tiny split between night messages being sent out and day opening post being made), this goes entirely out the window. I dislike being at work/sleeping when most of the action is going on, though, so I'm trying to offer my thoughts and opinions now so they can be dissected, worked through, and I can read the discussion when I come back later tonight.

Also poor town, two cult games in a row. I think Kira's showing everyone how a cult mechanic is supposed to be used, though, it seems a lot more finished than my Chosen Cult style.
    Another one I'm quoting for analysis and answering of questions.

1) If I even had the chance to talk to the converted person, I would've. It's a night conversion that takes the entire night and goes straight to day without talking.

2) The Danmaku investigation was exactly as I said in my first big post after being stumped

3) I didn't duel day 0 like I said in another big post.

4) My powers aren't inherited, why the heck would they be?
    If we're being fair - the only reason you're being honest is because you got executed :) 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    @Synkarin I see him having dueled the following people (straight from @Lehki's dueling doc [could we get an update, pretty please? This resource is very helpful]):

Ileein, Tremula, Ssaliss, Yarith, Othero

So among these I discount myself (because everyone does, and even though I'm saying I'm town you all will believe what you want until I prove myself otherwise, but as far as I know I haven't been whisked away to clean at some Taoist temple, and can stay at my current one), Yarith, and Ileein, the foremost because of the reason in parenthesis and the latter two because they're outsiders to the universe and likely wouldn't be convertable. Therefore, I'm left to deduce that Othero and Ssaliss are our most likely (unless they weren't day 0, in which case I'm just--

Okay entire post break, I just looked through at the thing and I'm the only one he dueled day zero, but it was forced. I haven't been converted or attempted to be, looking at night messages, so...was he making it all up? The real mafia could have put him up to weaving this elaborate story, or maybe he's just doing it of his own volition to throw us off.

I know, "sudden change of heart" is written all over this post, but unless he lashed out randomly into the night and got a successful convert, he'd have no information and I wasn't recruited, so that means he should have flipped on death but for the 1/20 chance of hitting a convertable target on a random role.

To be fair! Mafia = analyzer glasses are on 24/7. Honesty is never taken as a thing in mafia, unless there is cold, hard evidence to support it. It's been my experience, actually, that honesty is often looked at more suspiciously than a clever, well-thought out bluff is.

What you're saying might be true, Tamashi, but you have to understand why we're skeptical of you as a source, especially since no one is flipping on lynch in this game. Maybe you don't know anything about who is in the cult now--but if you did know something, you sure as hell wouldn't tell us.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Pretty sure I've been honest about everything, minus the -full- details of the investigation. There's really no salt, and as I've said before, I don't have hard feelings with anyone. I put on an act for a specific play style and it failed, end of story there. As for the 'only reason' bit, that's debunked, because I still don't know why I'm stumped and not flipped.
  • I'm going to propose that there is an arsonist at play. I think it makes sense, given the theme of the game.
    It's pretty obvious - your cult is still in play and it's still possible to hit your win condition.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Arsonist and shrine repair? Sounds like an idea!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

and the very fact that you are a stump and not flipped means that you still have the potential to win, which is exactly why everyone isn't taking everything you say at face value.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm quite certain it's not in play, for the last time. You nutty skeptics can keep at it, but I'm as confused as you are when it comes to why I'm stumped and not flipped. Either way, I'm done, I've given you more information that you could even hope for <3
  • Synkarin said:
    It's pretty obvious - your cult is still in play and it's still possible to hit your win condition.

In which case, he is just making Cyndarin look more guilty.
    A reminder to EVERYONE. Please do not feel upset when everyone is doubting you and questioning it, even going through multiple posts to piece together what you've already said like I just did. This entire game is about not trusting what you're told, and everyone is a suspect. The only definitive information and answers we get come from mod posts and our own gumption, so we have to walk through our thought processes to reach the same conclusion you've already given us (or posted while we were typing) to allow the rest of the game to see the honesty or dishonesty behind it.

@Synkarin in my PokeMafia, each of the Mafia had a fourth member they weren't aware of but were aware of initially but were aware of them. Solgaleo got their terrorist, and Lunala got their traitor. Until at least night one, there was no way for them to know they had those roles, and if Kira has something similar, it could be someone tied to the cult but unable to convert or do anything with it now.

• I don't mind skepticism, cyncism, and I'm well aware people aren't going to just outright trust me. I'm not an idiot after all. Also, you guys are putting some serious emotion into my text, easy people easy. I know with the game entails, and I'll still be reading the game as it continues with my popcorn ready. And yes @Tremula I know, and I'll be here the whole way until people go, "Oh my Gods, he told the truth, whudda thunk it?"
  • I think he's roleplaying or bluffing, but if so it's a bit too meta. I don't want to upset anyone over a forum game, so it's a weird predicament to put us in.
  • Oh, I'm not upset at all, so no worries there. No roleplay, no bluff, just flat information. Please, don't mind me any further, let the fingers start pointing, I desire the entertainment :)
    Yeah - anyway

I think Tamashi's comment about diverting suspicion as well as Celina's continual pushing away from lynching Tamashi and back onto 3p candidates really justifies putting some pressure on her.

Vote: CyndarinAscends

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah. Said the same yesterday.

Okay. Sure. Let's see what happens.

Daraius said:
  • Synkarin are you taking credit for the execution?

Also, I'm going to role claim right now, cause I don't like what I saw last night.

I am Marisa Kirisame and I really hope that Alice isn't some sort of mafia cause I can boost her spell card duels if need be. And I have no idea why I'm able to do that.  However, I am a close friend of Reimu.

My ability is to investigate spellcards at night and then copy spell cards when I win a duel.

The first night I investigated Kalaneya, and well you all know her cards now. I was hoping to get the Reimu's coming card copied, but instead I just got the Zigzag Circle Slash card. 

Last night however, I investigated Falmiis, and he has two cards that seem to reference the devil.  Lucifer's song and Ruling sign: Order that must be obeyed. His other card is (Creation card: Almighty).  That doesn't seem to fit with the general Taoist/Buddhist shrine repair theme.  And I don't know enough about Tohou to know if this is an indication of scumminess but I'm guessing he is a Christian priest or demon/angel of some kind.  How does that fit with the universe lore?
  • Holding back just because I want to hear his input before a train forms too quickly.
  • I'm just gonna  Vote: CyndarinAscends
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    No - I didn't execute last night

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.