Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Everyone is still accounted for?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Seems so, yeah. Kinda weird at this stage, but I guess we've been lucky? I really do hate being lucky though; it makes me go "what if" too much.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What if we're really against a cult?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Then we figure out which quiet person or lunatic from yesterday seems the most likely, and string them up for ruining my food. 

Or recruiting a cult. Whichever it is we're going after people for. (Whyyyyy can't I just diiiiie. Stupid toadstools didn't say they were toxic.)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Am too unfamiliar with the theme to know if there are other likely candidates for the voice in Tamashi's execution, but yep, I read it as though it was Ratatoskr too.

Was hoping we'd get an updated census or public coroner report, but not totally surprised that we haven't gotten them. Stumping mechanic and the lack of role-reveals definitely seem like mod-intention to up the usual level of uncertainty.
    is Tamashi a stump, or is he out?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Looked like he was stumped last dayphase, rather than outright killed. Which means he should still be able to win, right?
  • So what were @Weiwae and @Kalaneya talking about last night?

Also is it normal for the executioner to remain hidden when using their power? 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Also something to keep in mind is whether that execution was a 1-shot thing, or will anyone with ~5 votes be at risk of it? I would have thought executions were a 1-shot affair, but if it was indeed 1-shot, that was a very early use of it. To me, it suggests either there's the possibility of another execution, or it was just one ability from a selection available?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not to my knowledge? But then, I don't think I've ever played such an information-starved game.
  • Lehki said:
    So what were @Weiwae and @Kalaneya talking about last night?

Also is it normal for the executioner to remain hidden when using their power? 

I didn't exchange any words with Kalaneya last night or any other night.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ushaara said:
    Also something to keep in mind is whether that execution was a 1-shot thing, or will anyone with ~5 votes be at risk of it? I would have thought executions were a 1-shot affair, but if it was indeed 1-shot, that was a very early use of it. To me, it suggests either there's the possibility of another execution, or it was just one ability from a selection available?
    Typically, it just needs them to be at half-votes-needed rather than a set number. It usually is fairly limited though to either a cooldown or to some condition that must be met. Is it possible that was a Last Word activated way late?
  • So here are my current thoughts at the moment.
    1. Did any of the people who voted for Tamashi have a role that could cause fear in someone? I.e. Is it a natural power as part of the vote?
    2. Did Tamashi lose any spellcard battles against anyone who could have activated a last word to create an execution?
    3. What did Ileein discover last night?
    4. What role do gods and devils have in this world/game?
    5. Why does luce think I spoke with Kalaneya last night? wth?
  • erm Lekhi not luce
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tamashi would have needed to win the duel in order to trigger a Last Word. And it probably would have needed to be a wagered duel to boot.
  • Re: duels, Tamashi fought in two wagered duels (unless I have my records wrong; I did them over the phone, so I could be wrong). The first was between Tamashi and Othero, and Tamashi won. The bet was Resilience. The second was between Tamashi and Luce, which Luce won. Again, the bet was Resilience.

Weiwae said:
    So here are my current thoughts at the moment.
    5. Why does luce think I spoke with Kalaneya last night? wth?
    From the day post:

Kiradawea said:
    ... from my hidden vantage point behind a row of bushes, I could have sworn I saw Weiwae and Kalaneya huddled together for well over two hours. I wonder what they could possibly have been talking about...

• Also, I'll just bring this up right off the bat, because it will come up at some point anyway.

Once the dueling stage is set, I kinda want someone to challenge me to a duel so I can start duel again. As I said, my cards all have cooldowns of one match, which means until I fight in a match, I can't challenge people again.

I'm not too picky about who challenges, but to be quite honest, I'm pretty curious about Yarith's last card. Her previous two were... two-of-a-kind, and I'm really wondering if the third will tie it together somehow.
  • Weiwae said:
    erm Lekhi not luce
    @Weiwae read the mod post again.
  • Tamashi is a stump. He can still talk.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am hardly the most secretive person here. :| There are other players who haven't dueled yet! Tsk.

Re: executions, they are famously swingy as either a town or a mafia power. @Ssaliss's point that someone might have gotten tired of waiting makes real sense to me (speaking as someone who was also getting quite tired of waiting for 12 votes to stack). Probably a one shot or a Last Words power I'm guessing? It doesn't have to be Ratatoskr either, though whoever did it has a very sharp tongued character.

So what were @Weiwae and @Kalaneya up to?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Weiwae said:
    So here are my current thoughts at the moment.
    3. What did Ileein discover last night?
    I am pleased to be able to confirm @Synkarin's role claim as Cirno. I am also aware of @Synkarin's powers, but will not be sharing them at this time unless they want them shared, perhaps to confirm the use of my power.

Additionally, before Tamashi's time here was cut brutally and suspiciously short yesterday, someone asked me about the flavor of the roleblock applied to me first night. I attempted to set out to investigate, but someone really wanted to talk to me and pulled me aside, and basically babbled at me until I successfully extricated myself... at which point Vivet, my original investigate target, was long gone.

So I can be fairly certain it wasn't Vivet blocking me, and there's a few other people I can rule out thanks to demonstrations of different powers, but otherwise who knows. It's not terribly suspicious that nobody has claimed to be my blocker, though, as someone would have to be very bold or silly to claim that at this stage.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    And with a second night of no deaths, cult is sounding more likely.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'll just adress the elephant in the room then... @Weiwae, did you try to take any actions last night?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmm...Ileein, you think you might've been redirected? Or were you allowed to choose Synkarin yourself?
    I feel like investigating me was likely a waste of a night, but at least you can back me up if I ever have to claim my power.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Luce said:
    Hmm...Ileein, you think you might've been redirected? Or were you allowed to choose Synkarin yourself?
    Hmm? No, I chose to investigate Synkarin. The kind of odd unfocusedness about whether or not they were in fact Cirno caused me a little bit of suspicion, but I am now at peace regarding that issue.  :)

Fear not, Rat-god can't hide forever. Especially if the looming threat of the potential cult can be beaten back.
  • I'm honestly not sold on the cult just yet. At least not that we're dealing with that instead of a more standard scum. Think we should still be looking for another reason why we had 2 nights of no kills or uh, getting removed from the construction site?
  • Lehki said:
    I'm honestly not sold on the cult just yet. At least not that we're dealing with that instead of a more standard scum. Think we should still be looking for another reason why we had 2 nights of no kills or uh, getting removed from the construction site?
    Well, there are a few other possibilities. For example, the Mafioso chosen to do the kill could have been blocked both first and second nights, or the Mafia could have elected to try to kill a night-immune or jailed person, or some combination of the two.
  • Theoretically the Mafia could also be deliberately not killing to sow confusion but that would be a very strange and nonconstructive strategy at this point, since the Mafia benefits from fewer non-Mafia on the scene, obviously.
  • At this stage, I'm not really sold on the cult idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's impossible, but for now I'd rather assume that the scum actually managed to target a jailed person or that they were blocked from killing. It could also be a lucky doctor, or a jailer, etc.