General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• http://i.imgur.com/3oNZWhd.jpg

Look at this picture and feel things.  This is how I've been feeling lately, and I can't seem to shake it :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2013
    I can safely say that July 2013 is the shittiest month in my 27 year history.

Here's hoping I can get through these last three days without any more bad news.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    I can safely say that July 2013 is the shittiest month in my 27 year history. L Here's hoping I can get through these last three days without any more bad news.
    Keeping the good vibes your way, bro bro.  <3
  • It is physically impossible for me to sleep the night before starting a new job.

This will be a great day.
  • I haven't been able to sleep well for the past three months, and it's only getting worse. It takes an hour or two to fall asleep, and once I do, I'm up and down all night. I've tried teas, milk, OTC medicines, and just about every readily available homeopathic sleep aid. Eucalyptus oil and a sleep-cycle alarm clock were working well for a couple weeks, but even that's stopped.

Just called off work because, even though I was in bed for nine hours, I have a terrible headache from not sleeping. Do not want.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Have you tried avoiding all screen-based activity (tv, phone, computer) for like an hour before you start trying to fall asleep? It took me a while to realize that my just-before-bed internet binges were really screwing with my sleep. Once I started limiting that, I found I fell asleep faster and didn't feel like a zombie when I woke up. You can fill that time with reading (a book, not a kindle!), sudoku, yoga, whatever.

Also, being anxious about whether or not you'll be able to fall asleep can keep you up too (the same way being anxious about the possibility of having a panic attack can trigger one :/ ). I've found there's not a lot to be done about that, though, except for a kind of mind-over-mind approach. The no-screens technique helped me get to a place where I didn't have to worry about whether I could get to sleep.

Good luck man.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Okay, seriously. I've put out like fifty applications through various sites. I qualify for all this crap. I've checked to make sure that my resume doesn't say anything embarrassing. Will SOMEONE please call me back here?

...vaguely wondering if I've got a problem with the IRS still...
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Thul said:
    Okay, seriously. I've put out like fifty applications through various sites. I qualify for all this crap. I've checked to make sure that my resume doesn't say anything embarrassing. Will SOMEONE please call me back here?

...vaguely wondering if I've got a problem with the IRS still...
    In my neighborhood in NYC, we had people with masters degrees in engineering being waiters and waitresses. There's just a severe lack of jobs right now. Don't give up hope, though, and keep trying. If you need the money, don't be afraid to freelance while waiting for an employer to pick you.
  • If anyone's in Middle TN needs a job, and knows cell phones I have a job for you.
  • Daem said:
    If anyone's in Middle TN needs a job, and knows cell phones I have a job for you.
    *wishes he lived in Middle TN*
  • edited July 2013
    Kio said:
    Daem said:
    If anyone's in Middle TN needs a job, and knows cell phones I have a job for you.
    *wishes he lived in Middle TN*
    Just move :D

Edit: Also I should go to bed earlier when I am so tired, but too much stuff keeps happening for that.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited July 2013
    1. Worried about a friend.
    2. Scumbag Brain: Oh, you're laying in bed? Let's think of all the terrible things in the world, in your family's lives, in your life, and how much you can do about any of them.
  • Stuck at work and all I wanna do is bail and log in.

Curse you, Shadowdancers! You have made Lusternia far too enjoyable!
  • Kio said:
    Stuck at work and all I wanna do is bail and log in. Curse you, Shadowdancers! You have made Lusternia far too enjoyable!
    Sir, you are part of the reason my sleep pattern is wonky, at the moment. 5:00AM to 2:00PM shift is awesome, but means my bedtime is earlier, but it doesn't ever work like that recently, too many cool things to do, and now that we have more active people I have no more reason to not finish the projects I have been working on. After we get some things finished internally we will be spilling out and spreading the coolness to Glomdoring as a whole, and you will be a part of this sir.
  • Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussss.
  • edited July 2013
    I am sad that despite having an IronCon ticket, I can't use any of the items.

._.

(I just couldn't go in the end due to finances)
  • The innards of my laptop have melted. Saying hello to one hour of internet access a day.
  • edited August 2013
    Daraius said:
    Have you tried avoiding all screen-based activity (tv, phone, computer) for like an hour before you start trying to fall asleep? It took me a while to realize that my just-before-bed internet binges were really screwing with my sleep. Once I started limiting that, I found I fell asleep faster and didn't feel like a zombie when I woke up. You can fill that time with reading (a book, not a kindle!), sudoku, yoga, whatever. Also, being anxious about whether or not you'll be able to fall asleep can keep you up too (the same way being anxious about the possibility of having a panic attack can trigger one :/ ). I've found there's not a lot to be done about that, though, except for a kind of mind-over-mind approach. The no-screens technique helped me get to a place where I didn't have to worry about whether I could get to sleep. Good luck man.
    I have to agree with this. I used to find sleep almost impossible to come by, but since I started to take better care of my "sleep hygiene", I now have absolutely no problems falling asleep and regularly get a solid seven hours, like some kind of normal person (shudder at the thought (then fall asleep, blissfully)). Make sure your room is dark, cool, and free of distractions (computers, phones, alarms, etc). Do something relaxing just before you go to bed - read, or listen to music, sit and stare into space. Try not to work in your bedroom - keep it solely for sleeping in. All these things together completely ended the daily nightmare (lolpun) that was trying to fall asleep.

Of course, it's somewhat down to the individual and you may have other underlying causes preventing you from sleeping properly, but if you're at the end of your tether, I'd recommend trying these things and seeing if they help. :)

Sweet dreams (hopefully)!
  • @iosai These tips sound useful. I'll try them for the insomnia
    is dead like the dodo
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Was looking forward to hanging out with someone from another IRE mud this weekend, but unfortunately, they're busy and won't get to hang out for long/at all. :(
    What's worse is that with me being broke and jobless, my chances of being social is basically 0. :\

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That's what IRE games are for! :)
    edited August 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Read my second sentence fully! The little bit of money I do have will basically all be used up this weekend, meaning I'll have 0 money to attempt at being social. And there aren't that many people in my city from IRE games.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Read my second sentence fully! The little bit of money I do have will basically all be used up this weekend.
    IRE games are free, though!

I guess you do need internet. :(
    Xenthos said:
    Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Read my second sentence fully! The little bit of money I do have will basically all be used up this weekend.

There are limits to how social I can be after sitting at a laptop/computer for several hours.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Neos said:
    Xenthos said:

There are limits to how social I can be after sitting at a laptop/computer for several hours.
    I have never felt these limits.

The outside world only exists to feed me and my addiction.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is "being social" code for "getting drunk?"
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Last I heard, that requires money.
    Daraius said:
    Is "being social" code for "getting drunk?"
    I don't drink, even if I was of age(11 days left though), by being social, I mean, not sitting around the house being bored or just sitting staring at a computer screen and going outside and interacting with real people outside of my family.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • By that definition, I don't think I've been social except maybe 2-3 days of my entire life..
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited August 2013
    Pulling a muscle in your lungs is utter crap when trying to play cards against humanity.

/glare at @Tacita

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!