General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus said:
    I'm probably the last person who should complain about others, but some people are so emotionally immature it's not even funny. :/ Rant Deux: I lost 150 bucks over the weekend somehow. My wife's half of this half of the months rent disappeared out of my pocket :/
    Rant Deux can kiss my rump, I found the money I lost :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My internet cut out. The guy who was supposed to fix it was late.

It's fixed now at least, but it's still annoying.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm bitterly disappointed in the representation my Government gives me.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    You're not alone(although I believe we have different governments).  
    Stangmar - Retired

edited August 2013
    Stangmar said:
    Morkarion said:
    You're not alone(although I believe we have different governments).  
    UK here. But feel free to be disappointed in it too.

Edit: Wow, this was a depressive way to hit post 1,000.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• At least your government knows how to do healthcare
  • Watch the politicalness :P

My dissatisfaction - I'm up to 37 hours worked this week, and I've only worked 3 days. Do not like :(|)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Acrune said:
    Watch the politicalness :P

My dissatisfaction - I'm up to 37 hours worked this week, and I've only worked 3 days. Do not like :(|)
    Get overtime?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    My guess is he probably doesn't get it. Yay for salaried positions?

Meanwhile I worked 36 hours this week and get to have today (friday) off - not to mention the following Monday for labor day.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Get out of general dissatisfaction you raving lunatic.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited August 2013
    I wanted to give you something to be generally dissatisfied about. Now you have more fuel for a lack of raves!

Edit: For even more fuel I just spent the morning playing with my dog, then relaxing in the pool with a some beers - my one goal for the day was to goto the pool and drink while most people worked.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    I wanted to give you something to be generally dissatisfied about. Now you have more fuel for a lack of raves!

Edit: For even more fuel I just spent the morning playing with my dog, then relaxing in the pool with a some beers - my one goal for the day was to goto the pool and drink while most people worked.
    I only get about 10-13 hours a week at my job :(   
    Can't say I blame them, I'm employed because I'm needed, but I'm not needed for long spans of time.  And when I am at work(such as right now), I'm usually playing on my laptop or listening to Rush Limbaugh.

I work for the government.

Stangmar - Retired

• Something going on in the city centre, so the street I live on is parked full with people who don't want to pay for parking spots. I have a trunk full of groceries, since getting an hour early off of work on Friday means I do my shopping to beat the rush. Slow down to see if I can fit in a spot, because it seems that parking between the lines is suddenly out of style. Dude behind me decides to cut me off and honk his horn and make rude gestures. It's clear he doesn't live here.

The worst part is that I rented this apartment on the promise it would come with a garage, but as the company who built it had to file for bankrupcy we can't even park on the ground behind the building as there are grids for the concrete but no actual concrete has been poured on it. I keep telling myself it is ok but honestly with how rude the landlord usually is my patience is waning. I understand he invested and it backfired, but I think it is a bit silly he acts like he is the one cheated. If all investments were sound we'd probably all be property owners. In about a week they will finally come and at least start on fixing the ventilation. If he is there to supervise I think that listing my concerns in person may not be so crazy. After all, I always pay my rent on time but they have yet to fully honour the contract by doing other much needed work to the building.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Applying for a job as an Accounting Assistant at a troubled youth facility here in town.

They had me come in for an Excel test.  They give you a paper with what looks like an ordinary Excel assignment from a course.   

When I got done doing exactly what the instructions asked, you'd be amazed how awful it looked(mind you, I'm excellent at using Excel).  Their instructions had me using size 14 Algerian font. They had me shrinking the columns so that they were too narrow, but only wrapping one of them. Then they had me shrink half of the rows to a weird size, etc.  I hope this was a test in willingness to follow dumb instructions regardless of how stupid they sound.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Programming classes are fun, but I hate being the smurfette.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Stangmar said:
    Applying for a job as an Accounting Assistant at a troubled youth facility here in town.

They had me come in for an Excel test.  They give you a paper with what looks like an ordinary Excel assignment from a course.   

When I got done doing exactly what the instructions asked, you'd be amazed how awful it looked(mind you, I'm excellent at using Excel).  Their instructions had me using size 14 Algerian font. They had me shrinking the columns so that they were too narrow, but only wrapping one of them. Then they had me shrink half of the rows to a weird size, etc.  I hope this was a test in willingness to follow dumb instructions regardless of how stupid they sound.
    I feel like the correct response here is:
    1) Do exactly what they tell you.
    2) Also send them one that looks much better.

You are thus demonstrating your ability to follow instructions, and your ability to improve as needed.
  • They emailed me and said that they didn't want to interview me.

Rant deux: Straight Talk decided this afternoon that my unlimited talk, text, and data is now just unlimited talk and text.    

Stangmar - Retired

• Zouviqil said:
    Acrune said:
    Watch the politicalness :P

Get overtime?
    Kinda. Every now and then, if things are looking like they can't possibly be done in time, they'll try to fix it by paying me extra for anything I work over 45 hours. But I'd rather have the time than the money, especially since the first 5 hours dont get me anything
  • What are you doing now-a-days, Acrune?  Seems like last time we talked about this, you had just left a job at CompUSA, but that was years ago.
    Stangmar - Retired

edited August 2013
    Sitting in the dark again. At least I have 3G and more than 1% battery life.

I wonder if I can get one of the clients working on my phone....
    I used to make cakes.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Relatives, especially a certain relative who has made it their life goal to make me miserable. Big thumbs down. Dislike.
  • Stangmar said:
    What are you doing now-a-days, Acrune?  Seems like last time we talked about this, you had just left a job at CompUSA, but that was years ago.
    I left CompUSA for a software engineering internship, where I now work full time.

And, to stay with the theme of the thread, I applied for a Software Engineer III position at work (which I should be anyways but I got screwed over at promotion time, and have to wait at least another year for another shot). I didn't find the details of the specific position until I got half way through the FIVE 45 minute interviews, and it sounds just awful. :P
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That glorious moment when you arrive on campus and find out that your key card doesn't work and the university people don't know why or how to fix it. Living on ramen, coffee, and a can of peanuts until I can get into dining halls.

Cunno Ionionis, as they (really just me) say.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Having trouble finding someone to take my shift tomorrow so I don't have to cut my minivacation even shorter. I know who I can blame... SHUUUUUCK *shakefist*
    edited September 2013
    Daraius said:
    I broke my thumb the day before Valentine's day, and in an effort to get patched up and working as soon as possible, used my own insurance for my initial doctor visits. Both the hospital staff and my boss assured me everything would be taken care of by the workers' comp insurance once we got our claim in, and that my personal insurance would be reimbursed. Fast forward to now, and my accounts are being sent to a collection agency. I hate everything about the insurance industry.
    Update on this situation. It turns out the calls from the collection agency were not related to my injury (although that insurance fiasco was a hassle, I managed to get it taken care of). In fact, the account in collections is $40,000+ in student loans and interest that I've apparently defaulted on.

I was this close to having paid everything off -- or at least everything I'd ever been billed for. But my co-signer (my mother), while I was in college, declared bankruptcy, and of course did not inform me. Honestly, I don't know what happens in a bankruptcy, but it resulted in my never receiving a bill for these accounts, which were eventually sold off to some other institution, and now have entered collections.

This is so frustrating to me because I've been on top of all my debt since I got my first credit card. This came out of the blue and I don't even know who I can talk to about it. The original creditor? An attorney? I don't even know my options. Definitely don't want to deal with the collectors yet (although they've been surprisingly polite and professional in all their communications so far). ~X(
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius-

I'm sorry, it sounds like you're having a dreadful time. I hope that you can sort this all out without too much of a headache. 
  • @Daraius: As crappy as it sounds, when it comes to loans, the companies buying and trading your debt around are pretty much allowed to do anything, I've learned. It's rough, but I'm sure you'll make it through! *bearhug*

Unrelated: it is 5am and I am awake because my stomach has decided it hates me :(
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Was forced to purchase an expensive customized Macbook for my program. Dislike.

/PClove

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

I hope they subsidised that, being forced to buy an Apple product is enough to make me want to change course.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    No subsidizing, aside from a $200 or so discount from Apple itself for attending an eligible post-secondary institution. Alas, this was the only program I could enter for the subject I want without finishing 4 years of university first.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight