General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Rancoura said:
    No subsidizing, aside from a $200 or so discount from Apple itself for attending an eligible post-secondary institution. Alas, this was the only program I could enter for the subject I want without finishing 4 years of university first.
    My degree program required that I get a Mac, a PC, and they're telling the new people coming in that they need either a Linux computer or Linux on a USB. What do they think we're made of, money?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited September 2013
    Well, universities and colleges are still businesses at the end of the day, unfortunately.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Equipment required for a course can be used as a basis for the American Opportunity Tax credit(if you're in the US).  The credit is worth up to 2,500 out of 4,000 of expenses annually for 4 years of undergraduate study.  So if you have 4,000 in expenses...you can have a $2,500 tax credit.  40% of that credit is refundable(the other 60% only goes towards any taxes that you owe).  So you could potentially receive a refund of $1,000 based on $4,000 of educational expenses.

I've been using it, and I filed dozens of student returns this recent tax season.

Now for my rant:  I ordered some skull-candy earbuds last week to replace the ones I lost. They arrived today and I realized I had bought the ones without a microphone.  I used that a lot, as I take a lot of calls while walking.  The button also made a good pause button.  Oh well, live and learn.

Stangmar - Retired

Good advice, but... I'm in Canada.

Before an earthly flight

• We (my stepdad thing and I) just took my kitty to the vet to check out a growth under her arm. He thinks it's connected to a mammary gland. Apparently such things in dogs tend to be benign, but in cats they tend to be aggressive. He asked us to leave her there, she'll go into surgery tonight, we'll pick her up tomorrow, and he'll send off a sample to see if it is, in fact, cancer.

I miss my little ball of anger and rage already :(
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    So many things planned to do today and yesterday, but been too sick and feverish to concentrate
  • My desktop keyboard has gone bonkers, progressing from appending random inputs to now 'only' missing c,n, and space... which basically leaves me sans anything but doodling on it. Whee~

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Maellio said:
    My desktop keyboard has gone bonkers, progressing from appending random inputs to now 'only' missing c,n, and space... which basically leaves me sans anything but doodling on it. Whee~
    Someone spilled a liquid on it. ... Trust me on this one.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:

Maellio said:
    My desktop keyboard has gone bonkers, progressing from appending random inputs to now 'only' missing c,n, and space... which basically leaves me sans anything but doodling on it. Whee~
    Someone spilled a liquid on it. ... Trust me on this one.
    ... did you spill liquid on my keyboard ~peer~

Though thankfully, in gross shift from his usual procedure, my father is actually taking apart one of his three computers to build his new one so I now have an old working keyboard to use

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Comcast and their sudden complete incapability of having anything even resembling a stable internet connection for more than an hour at a time. Of course, it holds stable until you end up in a situation where you definitely -need- it and then it all goes down the crapper with lag somewhere north of 4 seconds (that is if it doesn't go down for a couple of hours or so).

Customer support there also sucks big time. What, you can't check addresses near my location to find out that there's a big issue in the area rather than claiming that there'd need to be a technician coming in to check on the damn thing? Never mind how every time I call, I need to spend 15 minutes on the phone with some idiot who talks to me about blinking lights on the modem before bothering to even try and escalate the issue. They haven't realized that I actually know what I'm talking about by now?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Just pulled a muscle in my lung or rib, not sure which but I don't care because breathing hurts.

This sucks.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've pulled back muscles before, and I gained a newfound appreciation for how much those muscles get used. This sounds even worse.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited September 2013
    Lower back ones are nasty, but the worst are the ones right at the bottom of the neck along the cervical section of your spine, the ones just above where your spine passes into the shoulder blades? Horrid.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• So... I think someone has gotten their hands on my ID. And my bank card. And by bus pass. And my bonus card for the local food store. And my forklift license. And a couple of other cards... Which means I'm basically pennyless, and I'm starting to get hungry. Yay?
  • I just woke up from a horrid dream that I don't care to share to being informed that one of my pets, a cat nearly as old as me that I've loved for years, is getting put down in 20 minutes and to say my goodbyes to him. Bleh.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013
    *e-cuddle Kia*

Mine: maggots. Maggots and mold and flies everywhere. I wore shorts to work today. The flies flew up them when I opened a box on the floor. I feel dirty and violated.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My grandparents were staying with me for a month, and a lot of my stuff got moved around. Yesterday, I found a group of my shoes that had been moved to a weird under-closet in the basement... yeah, they're moldy. All the shoes put down there now have a layer of mold covering them, including on the insides, and I pretty much just have to toss them out.
    Eesh, while that's pretty foul I'm sure there's a fair number of people here who would see the silver lining of "OMG NEW SHOES!" and take this as a positive overall experience.

• Dunno about Enyalida, but needing new shoes is one of my own personal nightmares. I have extremely tiny feet, small enough that if I wear ballet slippers they are a children's size 34. And every time I go shopping not only am I dismayed at the fact adult sizes start at 36 (with luck, many at 37) and it needs to be a good shape or fit to work, but I also have to deal with shoe salesmen who find it needed to squeal over my shoe size. I once walked right out of a busy store because one overdid it and caused everyone to stare at me. They may think it is adorable, but I only feel mortified and disappointed. Luckily online shopping means I can browse in peace, and the big sites may actually even have adult size 35 :D

My rant: Insomnia, and the negative effect it is having on my life. After nearly a year of bearing it and trying to figure it out myself I've finally decided that since I have a new doctor I will go and talk to him about it. I've tried several meds before, and a whole range of techniques on my own, so I will bring my homework and hopefully be able to get the point across that this is serious. Preferably before things get shittier because of the negative spiral it is creating. I hope nobody tries to purposely annoy me until that time. A co-worker jokingly threw a pen at me today because I was resting my head on my hand a little too long, and it is good my aim is shitty or the throwback would probably have injured him. Scared the shit out of everyone with that. Hope they took the hint o.o
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    On the upside, you can get kids versions of trainers at about half the price of the adult ones!

Go away, stomach pain. No one likes you.

Before an earthly flight

• I hate everything.

Kio smash.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Got a text from my ex-wife the other night. My youngest son came back from church and was groggy, kept trying to go to sleep/passing out, jumbled his words and spoke incoherently, and his eyes were unfocused. She took him to the ER, and they couldn't find anything wrong, finally letting him go.

Got an email from her today explaining that she's been trying to treat his ADHD/minor autism with large amounts of Omega-3, and the symptoms he had may be from an overdose of it as well as it reacting with his normal meds.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Is it okay that my first thought was "time to choke a bitch out"? Not cool, lady.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, this is the same woman who tried to cancel payment on a credit purchase I made years ago and almost got Pesu permashrubbed, just because she needed cigarettes. She's not the sharpest pencil in the crayon box.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Christ, I hope he gets better soon.

On a related note, why the hell do people seem to think you can cure symptoms (for want of a far far better word) of ASD? It's not a fucking illness or a disease you can just magically pill away.

Hugs to the little guy.

(WARNING: BELOW HERE IS AN OPNION. THIS OPINION BELOW MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOUR OWN)

Autism isn't really a disorder, or perhaps it's disorderly in the fact that people who are autistic operate differently than those without it, and therefore it is disruptive to THEIR order. To quote the Hacking Autism speech at Makerfaire 2012 NYC, Autism isn't a disease, it's a different operating system.
  • Zouviqil said:
    (WARNING: BELOW HERE IS AN OPNION. THIS OPINION BELOW MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOUR OWN)

Autism isn't really a disorder, or perhaps it's disorderly in the fact that people who are autistic operate differently than those without it, and therefore it is disruptive to THEIR order. To quote the Hacking Autism speech at Makerfaire 2012 NYC, Autism isn't a disease, it's a different operating system.
    Depends on how you're using 'disorder', and the severity of the condition. It's certainly not a disease, as it's not something that can be cured.  If someone has severe enough autism that it interferes with their ability to function in the world, it's a disorder, just like bipolar disorder or SAD.  For some, autism/aspergers doesn't do that, and can simply be a different way of processing information and interacting with people that doesn't significantly affect their daily life. The spectrum is so broad that it's hard to generalize. 

But that's really awful, Shaddus, I hope she stops that :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    On the note of miserable feelings, this day reopens some old wounds and is a reminder of one reason why I don't want to live in NYC anymore.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013
    Anger and stress might get me fired tonight, even after I have volunteered my time this evening to help out.

I am sweating because my insides are so hot. I could kill.

Edit: No, I will not help build a mobile pantry for this weekend tonight on top of supervising our new warehouse superviser organizing a volunteer group. Go sit on a cactus.