General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Went down for a nap yesterday at 3PM. Woke up today at 2PM. Two hours later, now exhausted and needing sleep again. What the heck, body! :(
  • How the hell do you sleep that long? O.o
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Internet's perfectly fine, can browse, download and watch videos.

Play Lusternia? Lol nope, 10 second lag delay and random disconnects. -.-

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Stangmar said:
    How the hell do you sleep that long? O.o
    I wish I knew. I woke up and I wasn't hungry. Just slept another day away yesterday, too. I'm starting to think I may be ill, at this rate.
  • Another day at work. 8.30am to 12.30am ;_; I thought these days were over. 

At least I get a day off tomorrow?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Zouviqil said:

Stangmar said:

I wish I knew. I woke up and I wasn't hungry. Just slept another day away yesterday, too. I'm starting to think I may be ill, at this rate.

Yes that is definitely something worth visiting a doctor over.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Turnus said:
    Stangmar said:
    Yes that is definitely something worth visiting a doctor over.
    I did this morning, was redirected to one of my other doctors who politely informed me it's nothing to worry about, just a lupus flare. Fun times.
  • I don't sleep is my problem.
    Stangmar - Retired

• It finally dropped below 100 degrees outside for a few days.  Now the A/C here in my bedroom at work is out..........damnit!   I hope they have it fixed by Wednesday when the temp goes back up.  Guess I'll actually spend the weekend sleeping at my apartment.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2013
    Had an important package shipped in from China due today which I have been waiting for - cancelled my appointments since I knew it was due to be delivered today and wanted to be around to receive it - found an email that had arrived about half an hour ago claiming "Attempted delivery, premises closed". 

Upon phoning the customer service line, I found out for some unknown reason the courier driver had tried to deliver the package to the landlords office, which was closed at the time but is also not even in the same building.  Needless to say I was pissed.  Hoping they can redeliver it today since I REALLY need the package and it was the couriers incompetence that lead to the issue.

Yay for corporate department! They organised a re-delivery and my package just recently arrived.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Being immune to two different kinds of painkillers sucks. I hate headaches.
    I have been awake since Monday, June 24th at noon. This is going to match real well with my summer classes, I can feel it.
    edited June 2013
    Zouviqil said:
    I have been awake since Monday, June 24th at noon. This is going to match real well with my summer classes, I can feel it.

Ah that's not so bad, when you get to Wednesday we'll swap notes!

I strongly suggest not staring at screens for about a good hour before you go to sleep, and in investing in Chamomile tea, and sip that while eating something warm and not too heavy on the gut (buttered toast is great) as you settle down in bed.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KioKio
    edited June 2013
    Unf. Another group of volunteers today, only this time no one knew about them. I've spent all morning running around like a maniac. On top of that, two of our agencies forgot to place orders for perishables again, so it's gonna be a fun day loading them up as we weigh, sort, and pack the 1500lbs of food they're expecting to get even though they didn't ask for.

Please let this afternoon go by quickly :(
    So I'm pretty sure my cruciate isn't suppose to hurt for this long constantly..

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I broke my thumb the day before Valentine's day, and in an effort to get patched up and working as soon as possible, used my own insurance for my initial doctor visits. Both the hospital staff and my boss assured me everything would be taken care of by the workers' comp insurance once we got our claim in, and that my personal insurance would be reimbursed.

Fast forward to now, and my accounts are being sent to a collection agency.

I hate everything about the insurance industry.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The DON at the place I work was sacked, causing havoc with the nursing schedule (as they were both the person in charge of that, and one of the nurses on said schedule). We're shorthanded in various other ways, with a bad staffing crunch happening about once a week or so. The woman who is in charge of (and indeed does) most of the restocking is away on vacation until whenever - so we're constantly having to dig around to find things we need, or having to trek out to the back storage area, which involves tracking down a badge that can open it, and walking all the way around the outside of the building. We have students in the building, but not on my shift meaning that there isn't ever any parking avalible when I get to work. Period, I have to wait for someone to leave and am therefore always 2-3 minutes late (I talked to my supervisor about this one, and he said that's fine, thank god). Annnnd, state examiners are swarming us - possibly (and in some cases, certainly) in connection with the above issues.

Already, a bunch of issues are cropping up and state is asking us a lot of really pointed questions about staffing and things like shower schedules, and everyone's in a bad mood/high strung. For the most part, all of my immediate coworkers and supervisors are both competent and friendly, so I don't expect any fire to rain down on us directly. However, something's clearly about to happen - hopefully for the better.
    Had a very intense nightmare that I woke up from just 10 or 15 minutes ago. I remember why I don't like sleeping now.
  • Morkarion said:
    Zouviqil said:

I strongly suggest not staring at screens for about a good hour before you go to sleep, and in investing in Chamomile tea, and sip that while eating something warm and not too heavy on the gut (buttered toast is great) as you settle down in bed.
    Don't listen to Mork. Continue with the non-sleeping. Maybe one day you'll get your own Tyler Durden :D

Orti said:
    Morkarion said:
    Zouviqil said:

Don't listen to Mork. Continue with the non-sleeping. Maybe one day you'll get your own Tyler Durden :D
    I don't think I'll be sleeping with the nightmare I had.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Less than 6 days until I have someone coming from the USA to visit for 16 days and I get a bloody cold >_<

Seriously, screw you, body.  SCREW. YOU.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    6 days is plenty of time, neurofen, decongestants and lucozade sport clear up colds for me in about 2 days.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think I need a new laptop :/image
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Me and you both, but you have the advantage of a job :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Shaddus said:
    I think I need a new laptop :/image
    ASUS laptop. 4 gigs RAM, 750 GB HD, Intel i3 2.4GHz processor, Windows 7 Home Premium, 13.3 inch screen. $400 + $15 SH.
  • It's 104 right now and it's supposed to hit 113-115 later.......FML.

Stangmar - Retired

edited June 2013
    Taking a break from Lusternia to play more D3, why the hell did I think this was a good idea?

1-100 in Lusty is nothing compared to the soul crushing grind that is 1-100 Paragon levels in D3. Considering you have to grind 60 normal levels first, I just spent the entire day going from level 6 to level 10.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, yeah. I finally found a laptop that I like. It's lightly used, good stats from what I can tell, and only 450, and it's local.

Sometime between when I contacted the woman and this morning, she pawned the laptop, and this Friday when I hand her the 450, she can get it out of pawn and give it to me. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm moving house. This will be the 7th house in the 6 years we've been in Ireland. Hopefully this will be the one we settle in. I really really dislike moving now.