General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• My brain is still trying to kill me. Daily.

Identifying what needs to be done to overcome depression doesn't really help when you can't find the motivation to actually do anything.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hurt my knees last week.

The good news, its a fairly common injury and should be recovered in a week or two and can still work while I recover.

Meanwhile, the bad news. Walking, ouch! Standing up from sitting down, or going up/down stairs - god help me. And I have the gait of an 80 year old until I recover.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Knee injuries suck.  I hurt my knee playing beach volleyball about 4 years ago....comes back and gives me grief if i sit in a tight space.  It's why I now hate driving long distances, sitting in movie theaters, etc.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited April 2013
    The five hours in a flight that I spent right after I hurt my knee certainly didnt help the situation.

Heh and today I was so optimistic about it, woke up feeling good. Then I tried getting up... Nope, not better!

Edit: fixed post. Trying to edit posts on a phone sucks.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Apparently the idea of naming a building full of books after George W Bush was so stunning, 4 other presidents had to show up in Dallas today to see it for themselves.

For real, getting anywhere in Dallas is a currently a nightmare.

• Celina said:

Apparently the idea of naming a building full of books after George W Bush was so stunning, 4 other presidents had to show up in Dallas today to see it for themselves.

For real, getting anywhere in Dallas is a currently a nightmare.

I know your pain. During the boom, our population here in St. George, UT took off faster than city planners had expected. Now there is more traffic on our roads than they are designed for.  Add in the fact that there is a large college population AND a large retired population here, traffic is always nuts.  I don't leave my house unless I absolutely have to, unless it's late at night.  It often takes me 15-20 minutes to drive less than a mile from my first job to my second.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Power just went out while I was influencing. Internet doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon. Goodbye level that I just got :(

Maybe the server side sipper will save me!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You appear to have timed out, at least if you were influencing on Prime / Ethereal.
    #399    Druid Kio Erid'in                            (1st Circle)
    #400    Apotheosis of Summer, Eula Talnara, Mother   (1st Circle)
    #401    Lady Yuzuki n'Lochli                         (1st Circle)
    #402    Nyanco                                       (1st Circle)
    #403    Junior Fellow Larksyne, Bachelor of Tempora  (2nd Circle)

Looks like you still have it, too!
  • edited April 2013
    I should be meeting other Lusternians right now, but I am not. This is deeply incredibly disappointing frustrating. I do not believe this opportunity will arise again in the near future.
  • So, Frontier said there's an issue because of the power surge yesterday. It was supposed to be fixed last night. I'm going stir-crazy.

I think I need friends. >.>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    Suppose I might get yelled at for the rave at the end of this, but a happy ending after a rant can be therapeutic.

Ever since I was diagnosed with Aspergers some 13 years ago, I've made a promise to not let it be an issue, that I'd live trying to ignore it exists and not use it as an explanation for anything I do wrong, so it doesn't come off an excuse.

Yet I hate how it means I'm utterly incapable of certain things, especially understanding subtleties and nuances in roleplay, trying to understand when people say something and mean something else, or how they interpreted what I said into something that is completely not what I meant. While I try I find myself attempting the literal version of running into a brick wall, I have to do the one thing I loathe to do with RP and that is to make compromises OOCly, it's meta, but any character I've ever made in RP has been blunt and to the point, because it's the only form of communication I can maintain on a day to day basis.

So raves to the guys and girls who I've spoken to on this and understand and work with me to make RP enjoyable, I'm sorry if any of you have had to compromise character for this. I appreciate it <3
    Occasionally I'll wonder if the ADHD I was diagnosed with as a child was simply Aspergers. Most of my life, I've exhibited more and more symptoms of both, or at least what I've read of both.  More and more, I have trouble picking up on common things I could before, I don't connect with people like I do, I'm always socially awkward, and  lately, I've been getting pissed off at small things, snapping at people for reasons I shouldn't. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So as awesome as Iceland is, they have the single worst beer in existence there. (Seriously if you ever get offered Polar Beer just say no, it's beyond foul)

Also because of the way the taps work in my hotel room, EVERYTHING now tastes like sulphur.

And I have Icelandic flu, joy.

(Other than that, Iceland was fricking awesome!)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Say "no" to beer? Are you turning into me, now?

Frightening.

(Sulfuric water is even more frightening. Ew.)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Xenthos said:
    Say "no" to beer? Are you turning into me, now? Frightening. (Sulfuric water is even more frightening. Ew.)
    Not say no to beer, say no to Polar Beer, it's a brand and is quite frankly the worst beer in existence.

I think Urine would probably taste better. And yeah they have sulphur in the hot tap water, only problem was my hotel had one of those one-tap sinks where you turn it left to right for hot to cold. So even the cold water was sulphuric.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited April 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Xenthos said:
    Say "no" to beer? Are you turning into me, now? Frightening. (Sulfuric water is even more frightening. Ew.)
    Not say no to beer, say no to Polar Beer, it's a brand and is quite frankly the worst beer in existence.

I think Urine would probably taste better. And yeah they have sulphur in the hot tap water, only problem was my hotel had one of those one-tap sinks where you turn it left to right for hot to cold. So even the cold water was sulphuric.
    Ehhh... until you've tried Belgian-style Indian pale ale, you haven't tried ghastly beer. Some wonderfully named drink like "Raging Bitch", for instance. I know certain people like it, but I can't comprehend why.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    Xenthos said:

Ehhh... until you've tried Belgian-style Indian pale ale, you haven't tried ghastly beer. Some wonderfully named drink like "Raging Bitch", for instance. I know certain people like it, but I can't comprehend why.
    It's waaaaay too easy to come up with an answer to this one.
  • Welp, my desktop now locks completely after a couple of hours of activity instead of just eventually. Yaaaaayyyyyrgggfle

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited April 2013
    I really have no right to be complaining about this, but I got scheduled for a second round job interview.... and they asked to see a code sample from a project that showcases my proficiency in databases, algorithms, and interface design. I have no such code, and they sent me the email telling me this 48 hours before the interview was scheduled. To make matters worse, I spent yesterday with pretty severe stomach pain that made me try to spend as much time as possible sleeping, so now I have 26 hours from the time of this message to think up and implement a program with a GUI that is algorithmically interesting. Even worse, for the interview they want to use a product called join.me to handle the conference call and screen sharing. However... it has no linux binaries, which means I will also need to fiddle with WINE today to get it to run on my computer.

All this during my finals week for my last semester at school, where I'm also finishing a 25-page undergrad history thesis and a 20 page honors thesis. And instead of doing any of these things, I'm paralyzed enough to be sitting here writing this post.

EDIT: join.me was easy to set up at least, without nearly the level of script fiddling I was fearing. But yeah, totally open to any ideas you guys have about cool programs you've always wanted to see on the computer. >_>
  • Home from work dealing with this sinus infection again. Internet won't be back until Wednesday, though apparently it was working all day yesterday until I got home from work.

Gonna go roll around in menthol and eucalyptus, then crawl into bed and dream of actually getting to use my new arties :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The dude mowing my lawn ran over my coax cable, shredding it. I lost my phone, tv, and Internet. #firstworldproblems
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2013
    Shaddus said:
    The dude mowing my lawn ran over my coax cable, shredding it. I lost my phone, tv, and Internet. #firstworldproblems
    Who runs their wiring over their lawn!? o.0

Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Shaddus said:
    Who runs their wiring over their lawn!? o.0

The answer is Shaddus, it seems.
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • edited May 2013
    My "final" chemistry midterm that I thought was going to be in 34 hours is actually going to start in less than 10 hours... ~O)   ~O)   ~O)
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Another depressing end to the semester. An overall shitty year too.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Good luck with the results!
  • Internet is out again. Luckily it's not the same problem as last time, so hopefully it won't be days.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Today is not my day.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Today is not my day.
    Me too. Do I need to come to Glomdoring to cheer you up?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.