General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Everiine said:
    Two nights ago, I had an awesome dream about racing to the TARDIS and saving the Doctor. It was great until I woke up. Curse you, reality, curse you.
    I'm having a lot more of those recently, including one billed [in-dream mind you] as the Grand Finale of all Doctor Who. With all 13 Doctors together for one last run against Time collapsing forever. And of course I too woke up before the end [but I think they were all going to fuse to become time itself or some Whovian nonsense].

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    Everiine said:
    Two nights ago, I had an awesome dream about racing to the TARDIS and saving the Doctor. It was great until I woke up. Curse you, reality, curse you.
    Are you the new Amy Pond? The mental image is fantastic.
    Sounds more like Rory... him being male and all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That ruins the mental image somewhat, doesn't it? I'm imagining Everiine's character in a red wig and black leather boots rushing onto the scene.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Enyalida said:
    Everiine said:
    Are you the new Amy Pond? The mental image is traumatizing.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Getting the side I'm on of a car I'm in wrapped around a pole this morning was on my list of stuff to do, sure!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Aiyana said:
    Getting the side I'm on of a car I'm in wrapped around a pole this morning was on my list of stuff to do, sure!
    WE LOVE YOOOU.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dear people at work.

When I'm in a paid position and not voluntary, maybe then I'll consider having zero room for a lunch hour or even half hour so I can be there to let you go 40 minutes early for a half day's job.

Till then, I'm getting something to eat, f##k off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Apparently my mail client has been autocorrecting email addresses, so about 4-5 weeks of emails to my headhunter didn't get sent at all and I missed out on a series of interviews because of it.

And the position I was contacted about external to that is looking for someone with more experience in that particular field [even though it sounds right up the alley of not one but both of my degrees].

Silver lining is I've gotten back in touch with my one headhunter and gained a second one, but still. Mrrghle X.=.X

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Lag. Bloody insane lag. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Dear My Internet,

Screw you right back.

Love,
    Thul
  • Yeah, lag spike got our aetherhunt killed. It was out of nowhere too!! I feel your pain :(
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited March 2013
    My audio drivers are messed up. I don't know how, or why. But it starts...crackling after a while. I can fix it for a little while, reset the drivers, do a hard restart, but eventually I get rice crispies in the background again, and I don't know why. I can revert to the generic windows high-def audio drivers to stop it alltogether, but then it sounds really tinny.
  • I think I need a therapist.

Also Lusternia-wise, I feel like I don't really fit in to the Lusternia community despite being here since the beginning. Can't seem to break barriers into friendships, and while I've started interacting with new people more that are in different orgs, I still feel repressed and sheltered as a character, and like an odd shaped puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit with everyone else's piece.

So again, I need a therapist because I think this is a description of some underlying problems in my life. Too bad I don't have health insurance right now to get any help :( Suffer on.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Majorly pulled a muscle in my back.  Spending the weekend hopped up on muscle relaxers and playing Guild Wars 2 while influencing (windowed, of course, so I'm not afk).
    Laptop monitor is officially FUBAR. No more chilling in bed with coffee and Lusternia for long bashing sessions for a while.

Back to sitting on the uncomfortable chair at my PC, and avoiding the temptation to play other games at the same time.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Where the heck are all the Krokani? The only ones who seem active are Izekeal and -Celina- (She seems to show up on RACEWHO a bit).
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lirangsha and the Gray Moors.
  • edited March 2013
    I meant adventurers, but after exploring Lirangsha and gray moors it's still less than the other races. How much inclusion do orcs get, and taurians. I realise krokani are meant, RP as well, to not be -everywhere- like, say, aslarans, furrikin and the 'official' races of organisations, but they need more love. They have just as much variation as the other races too. Gorlois has been both a civilised tribal hunter with dreadlocks to a monstrous gorilla like beast with hands like dinner plates.

Also, I can never speak Krokani to anyone.

• Majanishi said:
    I think I need a therapist.

Also Lusternia-wise, I feel like I don't really fit in to the Lusternia community despite being here since the beginning. Can't seem to break barriers into friendships, and while I've started interacting with new people more that are in different orgs, I still feel repressed and sheltered as a character, and like an odd shaped puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit with everyone else's piece.

So again, I need a therapist because I think this is a description of some underlying problems in my life. Too bad I don't have health insurance right now to get any help :( Suffer on.

I can relate. Then I lost the ability to give a fuck through constant stressing, anxiety and depression. Now I feel better than ever. Try it! The things they say about doing what you can, one step at a time does work!
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited March 2013

If it helps, I can recount to you one of the things which really cemented that Lusternia made me require psychiatric help.
    Majanishi said:

If it helps, I can recount to you one of the things which really cemented that Lusternia made me require psychiatric help.

I was playing my first Blacktalon, and one dream I had was of me being a gigantic crow in a dark place. Below me was a golden? cage filled with the people I hate. I proceeded to kill and mutilate the people who had... well bullied me or just irritated or I hated.

When it starts screwing with your dreams, haha, then you might have a problem. If the game is causing you to be depressed, stop playing. It's a game. It's meant to bring enjoyment.

Oh, and by the way? Do NOT take Lusternia as a good suggestion about whether you are a sociable person or can get along. Gorlois and a few of my other characters pissed off a few people and really drove them around the bend, but I'm a hit at parties and people miss me. So, if you're not fitting in with Lusternia, good. It's a good sign. It's not real life.
    Started a new playthrough of FFIV, totally forgot the itemlore augmentation, missed out on Dualcast *sigh* Starting over from scratch.

• Gorlois said:

Majanishi said:

I was playing my first Blacktalon, and one dream I had was of me being a gigantic crow in a dark place. Below me was a golden? cage filled with the people I hate. I proceeded to kill and mutilate the people who had... well bullied me or just irritated or I hated.

When it starts screwing with your dreams, haha, then you might have a problem. If the game is causing you to be depressed, stop playing. It's a game. It's meant to bring enjoyment.

Oh, and by the way? Do NOT take Lusternia as a good suggestion about whether you are a sociable person or can get along. Gorlois and a few of my other characters pissed off a few people and really drove them around the bend, but I'm a hit at parties and people miss me. So, if you're not fitting in with Lusternia, good. It's a good sign. It's not real life.
    So what you're saying is that it is everyone else that DOES fit in that are crazy. And I'm perfectly normal. :D

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • You're normal.  I have also been around since the beginning, and a few years back I got to where I realized I needed to step back and not get so involved.  I still enjoy this community on an OOC level, and I still log in occasionally to chat it up with some of the old guard, but the days of IC activity for me are past.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Majanishi said:
    So what you're saying is that it is everyone else that DOES fit in that are crazy. And I'm perfectly normal. :D
    Pretty much. Normal is relative. I think sometimes if Lusternia is getting too much for me it helps to go for a walk or something, or look away from the screen, heh so you get 'disconnected'.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Gorlois said:
    Where the heck are all the Krokani? The only ones who seem active are Izekeal and -Celina- (She seems to show up on RACEWHO a bit).
    I am a fake krokani with a race hat, for the record. It's just my favorite race. Something about one eyed purple monsters appeals to me.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    Gorlois said:
    Where the heck are all the Krokani? The only ones who seem active are Izekeal and -Celina- (She seems to show up on RACEWHO a bit).
    I am a fake krokani with a race hat, for the record. It's just my favorite race. Something about one eyed purple monsters appeals to me.
    *gasp* That's so un-Glomazon of you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    Gorlois said:
    *gasp* That's so un-Glomazon of you.
    She did mention the color purple though!
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Celina said:
    Celina and Gorlois should have brunch sometime then (Although I guess that means she wouldn't be able to speak Krokani, which is another dead end). What's the point of having a language no one else speaks? Well, maybe for putting books into languages but... hmm. I never saw how it helped to translate a book for secrecy or something practical.
  • Gorlois said:
    Celina said:
    Celina and Gorlois should have brunch sometime then (Although I guess that means she wouldn't be able to speak Krokani, which is another dead end). What's the point of having a language no one else speaks? Well, maybe for putting books into languages but... hmm. I never saw how it helped to translate a book for secrecy or something practical.
    Stop being silly.  Illithoid and Bookbinders who learn Krokani could speak with you.  Go make friends!
  • My grandma is in the hospital and probably won't make it through the night :(
    Stangmar - Retired