the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Yes but they would have to take actions with it in order to evolve it which as you have yet to use yours is probably all 5 uses of magnitude. On top of that It seems like the events will not be everyt stop, nor will the same event occur twice in a row meaning we likely have time before anyone can try and nab up a pokemon that loses its trainer.

@Melali Ah thank you for veryifing my notes were in fact correct.  I separated them on my as trainer power and pokemon power though.

@Rolsand Melali brings up good points, we have 27 trainers and 27 pokemon. I am sure we have at minimum 2 protective powers also you can not possibly be a third party and town. Third part does not with town. Town wins with town...
  • I'll be back.
  • Alright, I agree that we should be turning our attention elsewhere for now instead of focusing on Rolsand as much as we have been, and we can always come back to him if need be.

The points I'm curious about have already been raised by others, but it may be worth restating them if only for the sake of reference.

1. @Lavinya claims to have taken no actions, and yet was still affected by the quake. It's by no means impossible, but I think a description of what exactly happened in her flavour text would be useful.
    2. @Kilee claims that her pokemon was interrupted by the quake. Again, we have no real way of proving this isn't possible, but it doesn't fit the trend. If Rolsand's Magnitude only affects pokemon, then it stands to reason that the Earthquake only affects trainers. In further support of the mirrored abilities, @Phoebus drew together some really good ideas about how Magnitude might work, ie. utilizing a dice-roll intensity scale. If that's the case for Magnitude, then it may very well be the case for Earthquake, which goes a long way to explaining Champion Alec's admonishment about how the quake could have been worse and even fatal.
    3. @Silvanus visited someone who wasn't there, and presumably someone who hasn't otherwise stated that they were up and about at night (like Othero, Krackenor, and me), otherwise there'd be no point in withholding the name. He's stated that he's happy to reveal his target's identity if we want it; so do we? Nobody's really commented on this, that I've noticed anyway. It's possible I missed something among all these posts.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Clarifying note: Lavinya is no longer playing the game, and was replaced by Alary.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Right, sorry! Forgot about that.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Has Alary commented?

Who else has not commented?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Cen said:
    Alright, I agree that we should be turning our attention elsewhere for now instead of focusing on Rolsand as much as we have been, and we can always come back to him if need be.

The points I'm curious about have already been raised by others, but it may be worth restating them if only for the sake of reference.

1. @Lavinya claims to have taken no actions, and yet was still affected by the quake. It's by no means impossible, but I think a description of what exactly happened in her flavour text would be useful.
    2. @Kilee claims that her pokemon was interrupted by the quake. Again, we have no real way of proving this isn't possible, but it doesn't fit the trend. If Rolsand's Magnitude only affects pokemon, then it stands to reason that the Earthquake only affects trainers. In further support of the mirrored abilities, @Phoebus drew together some really good ideas about how Magnitude might work, ie. utilizing a dice-roll intensity scale. If that's the case for Magnitude, then it may very well be the case for Earthquake, which goes a long way to explaining Champion Alec's admonishment about how the quake could have been worse and even fatal.
    3. @Silvanus visited someone who wasn't there, and presumably someone who hasn't otherwise stated that they were up and about at night (like Othero, Krackenor, and me), otherwise there'd be no point in withholding the name. He's stated that he's happy to reveal his target's identity if we want it; so do we? Nobody's really commented on this, that I've noticed anyway. It's possible I missed something among all these posts.
    1) As I stated earlier it likely affects a random number of people, which once the number was determined the affected people were likely randomised as well.  Could be entirely wrong here but I feel this is just s valid a theory. But yes if Lavinya could enlighten us to more details on the flavour she got.
    2) That is a possibility, however I think it is just a fluff thing with the champions statement over an actual mechanics issue.  Earthquake in the game has no RNG factor whatsoever, I can see one factor being added in in order to create a semblance of balance to the effect though however 2 seems unreasonable. I could be wrong here but that is my opinion on it.
    3) As things stand now I feel it is best that @silvanus keeps the name to himself.
  • eep Ninjad by Tremula!!
  • And rechecking my notes... Alary has yet to check in at all!  However Dylara in my notes fits what Cen was describing of Alary
  • Re 3: Could you explain why?
  • Silvanus expressed that he trusts the person is being honest. Unless it is absolutly neccessary I think it is best if we leave whomever Silvanus visited in safety for now especially in case I am wrong about Rolsand (which I honestly do not think I am wrong) then we would be creating double work for our protectors on two targets they may need to protect. How would they know which the other one was?  If we have more than 2 which is unconfirmed.. but I feel safe that we do have atleast 2 protective powers.
  • Also we are already going to want one protective on Silvanus himself!
  • So sorry, I actually meant @Dylara in the above, not Lavinya/Alary. Forgiveness please.
  • Alary and Salome are the only remaining people who have not checked in, as far as I can tell.

As for Silvanus, well, if the person wasn't there, then Silvanus would be revealing that the person in question has an ability to protect themselves, or was the target of such an ability. Well, this depends on what Silvanus' ability was, but it reminds me of the case where Ushaara, as the Faceless Old Woman, found that Ssaliss was not at home because he was reclining in the sky.
  • Makaela said:
    And rechecking my notes... Alary has yet to check in at all!  However Dylara in my notes fits what Cen was describing of Alary

On phone here so maybe missing something because I just skimmed through five god Damn pages of defensive rolsand but huh? I don't remember what Center or Alarm did/said.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Curse you autocorrect!!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Dylara you are the only person to be affected by the earthquake that is claiming to not have taken an action. We were curious if you could better detail the flavour you got for us about it.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I've already said my Pokemon power is passive. I can't take an action via Pokemon; it has to be activated.

Regarding Rolsand, admittedly I initially targeted him for his history of unhelpfulness. I was planning to unvote if a better option came along, but the more he talks the more concerns I have.

I want to echo the concerns of third party vibes. Earthquake/Magnitude, as I said earlier, are remarkably strong for a Survivor-esque role in particular. I don't think Rolsand is mafia because this power, even if it just affects Pokemon, doesn't help mafia nearly as much as it would help a third party. After all, no deaths last night makes it me think affects everyone equally!

That said. Rolsand's constant insistence to have "just one more night" makes me worry there's a reason he needs to perform a night power. Why the urgency? What do you need the night for in particular?

I'm also confused by how a third party can also be town. Even if a third party operates in a way that they can win with town (Survivor comes to mind), the fact is their win condition also exists independently of a town victory. If at any point it's more advantageous to the third party player to backstab the town than not, they will be encouraged to do so in order to achieve their individual win condition. So I find the claim of innocent due to potential winning with town to be suspect.

Anyway. Now that I've sufficiently grilled poor Rolsand, I want to ask @Cyndarin why they saw the blocked murderers coming their way. Are we Psychic buds? Because I asked Trem whether or not this was a unique thing for me to notice, and got a nod that it was.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh and now the conversation has shifted. Damn forums. I too am curious about the @Dylara bits above!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • To be honest I don't have some master plan waiting for me tonight, I just don't want to let down a couple of people that are rooting for me.
  • I want to at least survive one night proving that I don't completely suck.  
  • err two rather
    You don't completely suck! You survived the Shakespeare game to the end!
    Daraius said:
  • @Sylandra: I don't understand your question!

@Everyone else: Stop harassing Rolsand. I could have told you how he would post (exactly how he is) the moment you started prodding him. I don't know if he's mafia or not (I suspect not, but it's possible), but you're not going to get anything further out of him than what he's given. If you're going to lynch him, lynch him on the fact that he's a pseudo third party and stoppit before I flamethrower your bunks. (empty threat, not really cyndaquil. :( )

Oh, P.S. You can be town and third party. You can win with the town and have your own separate win condition independent of town. Definitely seen those in previous games. The independent win condition is never all that interesting though because the game rarely (if ever) ends when third party/townies meet their win condition. It just keeps going until one of the big three (mafia/town/SK) win.
  • Okay, without directly quoting because they were not italicized. 

As I was heading out, I stumbled and fell due to the gigantic tremor, which made me scrape my hands on the floor. The Champion found me trying to open the door, but was unable to considering they were bleeding, he opened it for me and helped me by cleaning the cuts out and then bandaging them. He told me I should take it easy today, so therefore I cannot act during the day, but I can still ask my pokemon to act. 

Like I said before, I did not take any night action last night.

• Champion Alec is so dreamy~

But anyway, seems pretty ns to me. Sounds pretty similar to how/when the quake happened to me; I was on my way out too.
  • Also, I do apologize, weekends are always super busy for me because I work longer hours then, I am also working different hours and changing things around. I'm not trying to be quiet!

@Cyndarin: I mean, if your murderers were blocked by the earthquake, how did you see them act on you? Or were they blocked by other means? I saw mine coming towards me because my role as a Psychic trainer gives me extra insight into actions that are acted upon me. It's just unusual in a mafia set-up to see someone who's been roleblocked taking an action on you!

I would have thought it was just a routine thing in this game because it happened to the both of us, but when I conferred with the mod it was made clear I only know this because of my role. Hence my question!
    Daraius said:
    And I do sincerely apologize to @Rolsand if we've been bullying him, was not my intention. I've been driving 90% of today so I had a lot of thoughts on the road and could only make tiny posts at rest stops while theory-crafting on the road and planning a big post. The curse of being addicted to mafia and away from your laptop! :(
    Daraius said:
  • Ditto (and not the pokemon). I'm sorry if I've been too aggressive or hostile, Rolsand. I'm just playing the game but maybe got a bit carried away. You don't suck at all, you were Leann Hart for a good long while before you got gotted.