the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It does not break the rules, so I am not against it. It is entirely up to @Melali, if he wants to keep it up amidst the red meat eating and sportball playing.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Huzzah! I'll count that as bringing something to the table.

I don't know if we'll get certainty on the identity of the other Earthquaking pokemon, but at least we can get clarification on the power.

Can you confirm if it is really trainer only, as Lehki and Melali think above, as that's something I'm still hung up on about Kilee's claim.
  • It's okay! As long as you make the effort.

As for that, I would doubt that Tremula will be okay with that, as it has a lot of potential for abuse. I, personally, am keeping a record of my notes in a document, and will post it on here whenever someone asks.
  • Tremula said:
    It does not break the rules, so I am not against it. It is entirely up to @Melali, if he wants to keep it up amidst the red meat eating and sportball playing.

Melali said:
    It's okay! As long as you make the effort.

As for that, I would doubt that Tremula will be okay with that, as it has a lot of potential for abuse. I, personally, am keeping a record of my notes in a document, and will post it on here whenever someone asks.
    Tremula Melali does bring up a good point...  Are you still ok with this?

@Ushaara there is no gurantee his quake move is the same as the one used there could be differences just like Magnitude and Earthquake both make quakes but do not function exactly the same in Pokemon.
  • Oh! Um, are you sure? I'm pretty sure that does break the "no outside communication", especially since it would essentially be editing a post. I'm glad you trust us enough to say yes, but I feel like you should be saying no.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    I would not like it personally, but since there is no explicit rule against it, I cannot be against it. I would much prefer everyone have their own notepad full of information rather than relying on one person.

ModEdit: Thanks Melali, you managed to make a stretch I couldn't. No google doc. Continue on, all.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I am also keeping a record myself, along with a list of who has claimed which pokemon.  I am trying to be sure I have not missed any outside of Rolsand's claim and Kilee's revealed one
  • This was why I asked I saw nothing wrong wioth it but felt I might be missing an abuse potential. Thanks for the clarification Melali and Tremula!
  • My ability is called magnitude.
  • My town power is way to important to share.
  • As well as my third party.

• @Ushaara there is no gurantee his quake move is the same as the one used there could be differences just like Magnitude and Earthquake both make quakes but do not function exactly the same in Pokemon.
    I'm a bit iffy that Tremula would include both Earthquake AND Magnitude but certainly possible. @Rolsand can you tell us as in much detail, exactly what Earthquake does. And please ask Tremula to clarify anything about it you don't get. 
  • My earthquake is magnitude.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Melali said:
    Rolsand, this is an honest question and not intended to be a threat. Is it too important to share if you're dead?

Some additional questions: What is your win condition? You, as a trainer, have 2 different powers, neither of which you can share? Also, could you compile more information into one post, rather than just post one sentence at a time?

In case the agree wasn't enough: yes, please, do take this entire post to heart.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm back on Sylandra's issue.

1) Sylandra knows that one person was acting maliciously right?
    2) Only two people were there, Othero claiming he was just watching (named Krackenor) and Krackenor, but we don't have any idea what he did
    3) A Purrloin popped out and Faked out Sylandra?

Why are we not lynching Krackenor? Or at least pushing him to come clean? Pokemon can act on their own, so it makes sense to me that only two people were visible.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Synkarin said:

2) Only two people were there, Othero claiming he was just watching (named Krackenor) and Krackenor, but we don't have any idea what he did

Why are we not lynching Krackenor? Or at least pushing him to come clean? Pokemon can act on their own, so it makes sense to me that only two people were visible.

We addressed this like two pages ago. I'll link you when I'm not on mobile.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Synkarin said:

People were saying since the kill was blocked by the quake, Othero would not have seen the killer. But we've got 3 cases of people noticing blocked actions against them, so I agree, something in that mess doesn't make sense and Krackenor needs to explain what he was doing.

Rolsand also really should explain how his Magnitude skill works. 
  • We're not, at this moment, lynching Krackenor because a) we gathered that he was not the attempted killer and b) he gave indications that he is useful to the town.

The logic we followed to not lynch Krackenor is this:
    Watchers cannot see those with blocked actions. Othero, a Watcher, saw Krackenor. Thus, Krackenor's action could not have been blocked. Thus, Krackenor is not the blocked killer.

A supplementary theorem is: 
    Sylandra's Psychic power requires proximity. Othero's Watcher power does not bring him into proximity (NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED). Thus, Sylandra did not sense Othero. Thus, there were three Trainers targeting Sylandra: Othero, killer, and someone else. (This does not clear Krackenor, merely gives an explanation for his presence that means that he is not the killer.)

Also, there were hints as to his true purpose at Sylandra's room. However, if my hypothesis is correct, revealing him would place him in danger and the presented evidence seems plausible enough to not lynch him.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The feeling I'm getting is that the Earthquake didn't block so much as interrupt actions. 

If the killer was blocked, why would you get a message saying so? Something here isn't adding up and we need more clarification. 

I'm firmly on the lynch Rolsand because his play style is strictly confusing, obfuscating and detrimental to town.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Lehki said:

@Ushaara there is no gurantee his quake move is the same as the one used there could be differences just like Magnitude and Earthquake both make quakes but do not function exactly the same in Pokemon.
    I'm a bit iffy that Tremula would include both Earthquake AND Magnitude but certainly possible. @Rolsand can you tell us as in much detail, exactly what Earthquake does. And please ask Tremula to clarify anything about it you don't get. 

Rolsand said:
    My ability is called magnitude.

Welp I figured she might include both and it is looking like she did.   We do have 27 trainers and 27 pokemon we should expect some sort of overlap in abilities with similar uses.
  • ... No idea why it put my response in a qoute tag.  With that said Rolsand what does Magnitude do exactly, may as well giive us as much information on it as you can seeing as you not only revealed your pokemon but also its move.
    How are we sure that we had earthquake hit, and not magnitude? Possible Rolsand did it. (Again will post more when not on mobile)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Even if Tremula included the two moves as different powers, I somehow doubt that there would be two mass role blocking moves, even with how power heavy we're likely to be. And Rolsand has said that what happened looks like his Sandshrew's Magnitude.
    Yeah, hence my question. I find it suspicious too that there might be the possibility of two earthquake/magnitude abilities.
    Daraius said:
  • Well, regardless of whether it is suspicious or not, Rolsand has offered to share what his power, sorry, his Pokemon's power, is. I think that such a move is laudable, especially in the face of such scrutiny. We should all encourage such behavior, especially from the more suspect individuals on the train.

I feel that waiting for Rolsand's explanation would be well worth it, as long as it is forthcoming.
    Rolsand said:
    If I survive through night and to the next day I'll tell you everything you want to know.

This strikes me as an odd request. Why do you require a chance to complete a night action? What does one night give you?
    Daraius said:
  • Melali said:
    Well, regardless of whether it is suspicious or not, Rolsand has offered to share what his power, sorry, his Pokemon's power, is. I think that such a move is laudable, especially in the face of such scrutiny. We should all encourage such behavior, especially from the more suspect individuals on the train.

I feel that waiting for Rolsand's explanation would be well worth it, as long as it is forthcoming.
    As I stated early it is exceedingly rare for a sandshrew to have an ability of magnitude or Earthquake.  The fact that sandshrew can in fact evolve makes all the less likely that his version of earthquake is the same as we saw. This is assuming of course he is telling the truth at all about his pokemon.  I honestly feel like this is him just trying to use information we already know in an attempt  to save himself. 
  • @Tremula , could we get a Vote Count, please?
  • Let's take the Rolsand aggression down several notches. I just read 4 pages and can't, for the life of me, figure out why you guys are cornering him like you are.

Incidentally, no one has counterclaimed quake, and it's reasonable to believe it wasn't the mafia that used it, so we have little reason currently to not believe Rolsand's claim.