the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• To be fair, Othero, Portius, Krackenor and Cen don't have ways to verify what they actually did. Othero did say that Portius and Krackenor both targeted Cyndarin, which gives credence to the thought that all three of them actually targeted her. However, he didn't mention until Cyndarin said that I jailed her. So, that's slightly suspect. If Portius and Krackenor are both Mafia, they could say that they targeted Cyndarin in Mafia chat, while Othero could use his night action to convert Phoebus. This would also bring the number of Mafia up to 4, which is the maximum number of Mafia we can have without losing.

Cen also doesn't have anyone to vouch for his actions.
  • I was holding off on mentioning you to see what Krackenor and Portius said. I was curious what the block locked from their view. Mostly it was a way to see 100% if my power went through your jailing. If they mentioned you then I would know anyone making a move on Cyn could see the jail. If they didn't then I would know that it was just me who could.
  • Oh, I got some blurb about Cyndarin sitting in the galley alone. Nothing about Melali, but still the jail was mentioned.
  • In any case, I think it's high time we try to make a push and end this. I am willing to believe that Cen is the Chosen, and Melali/Cyndarin/Phoebus his minions. To make things slightly easier on us...

Articuno! Use Icy Wind on Melali!

Since your Zweilous is a dragon-type and weak to ice, I do not need to set up the freezing first. You are now frozen solid, unable to speak, vote, or take actions.

If I end up being wrong, then I sincerely apologize, but it's time to do something
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm catching up and will have a modpost out soon, had a guest show up and couldn't exactly use 'I need to write what happens to pokemon trainers' as an excuse to get away. Reading back now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited September 2016
    No sooner has the machine gone 'DING' to let Phoebus take her card does Alec arrive at the behest of both Ileein and Portius' calls, the tiniest of scowls on his face as he places a heavy looking tome onto a nearby table. As he listens to their requests, Phoebus continues talking fondly to her newly gained Riolu, who beams at her and seems to glow under the attention. Until he actually begins glowing.

As some turn to stare at the newly evolved Lucario flexing his limbs testingly, Alec swipes first Portius and Ileein's trainer cards, fingers clacking against the keyboard as he types furiously and places up their pokeballs as soon as he can, opposing pokeballs Appearing and Disappearing in quick sucession. 

First Gengar trades places with a Corsola, which is promptly returned to Ileein, but closer attention is paid to Portius' trade. As Solrock appears and begin to cross, it is...a Sylveon who appears on the other side and begins trading places with Gengar. As the trades are completed and the machine begins to chug out the new cards, Alec glances around approvingly before beginning to walk back towards the back of the library. 

The porthole is blown open, though, and a gust of icy wind blows in from the outside to flow directly across Melali, who freezes in shock as he is encased in a solid sheet of ice within the span of a few seconds. "OH COME ON," Alec shouts, running towards the open window to try and pull it closed, "HOW DOES AIR COMING IN PULL OPEN THE WINDOW? MY BOOKS!" Articuno's playful trill can be heard outside for a few seconds before Alec reaches out to pull the window closed, arm drenched when he withdraws it and does up the latch.

Melali is now FROZEN. She cannot vote, act, or speak until she has thawed (end of day).

With 10 trainers alive, it is 5 to lynch! (-1 frozen vote)

No more Pokemon may be traded until the current trades are complete.

Riolu has evolved into Lucario!

• Seriously? We're freezing the jailer for....reasons. Man the town is cocking up this game hardcore. Can we vote for Phoebus and stop randomly attacking people or should we keep insisting we're "doing something," by doing nothing useful?
  • Oh you voted Cen on the previous page. Alright then, nvm.
    edited September 2016
    My current Vote Count is as follows. Please correct me if I missed your vote.

VOTE COUNT:

Phoebus - 2 (Cyndarin, Ileein)
    Cen - 2 (Othero, Krackenor)

With 9 trainers active (1 frozen), it's 5 to lynch!

• I'm not sure I really follow the Cen accusations. Maybe someone else can expand on them for me. 
  • Seriously? We're freezing the jailer for....reasons. Man the town is cocking up this game hardcore. Can we vote for Phoebus and stop randomly attacking people or should we keep insisting we're "doing something," by doing nothing useful?
    Yeah, I can see absolutely no reason for freezing the jailer, and frankly it makes me yet more suspicious of  the whole affair.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ...yay, frozen people don't count towards lynch votes. That's... not making me feel great. And only solidifying my suspicions of Othero and Krackenor for Team Scum.

But, uh. I'll just go ahead and Vote: Phoebus before I get off to bed here.

• Will change to someone else in the event that I'm not dead of ironic Hadouken before I wake up.
  • So that leaves Dylara as the deciding vote (I'm assuming Cen isn't going to lynch himself).
  • Thul said:
    ...yay, frozen people don't count towards lynch votes. That's... not making me feel great. And only solidifying my suspicions of Othero and Krackenor for Team Scum.

But, uh. I'll just go ahead and Vote: Phoebus before I get off to bed here.

I've been suspicious on that front for a while. Only more so now. Doesn't help that nobody can confirm.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Poor Melali, Ileein, and Cen. This far into the game, and still nobody gets their genders right.

Lucario doesn't do anything that would be useful at this point. :disappointed: Should've gone for a different mystery mon. Ah well. It's ok, buddy. We're still friends. Momentarily. 
  • Phoebus said:
    Poor Melali, Ileein, and Cen. This far into the game, and still nobody gets their genders right.
    I don't mind! All pronouns welcome here, fam! You guys do you.

I'm honestly not totally sure what to make of the sudden lynch votes against me, or how to respond to them. It feels like either a stab in the dark in the hopes of nailing the Chosen through what is essentially spray-and-pray tactics, or a Scum play.

But the latter is a bit odd to me, tbh. Scum have way more suspicious Patsies to choose from. So why try to set up the benign and confirmed Day Carer? Mafia has played smart so far, and this doesn't feel like a smart play. Unless I'm missing something.

I'm gonna try to find time this evening to go back and look at who else has come under fire by Othero and Krackenor, as I sense that may be somewhat telling. But I'm not saying that they're definitely Scum at this point. It could just be a case of the blind leading the blind.

It looks like my vote didn't go through, so I'll try to help axe the obviously remorseless Phoebus once again.

Vote: Phoebus
  • I didn't freeze the jailer for no reason, I froze a suspected cultist to take away their vote and voice. Voting for Phoebus does nothing but take out a convert... the recruiter would still be alive and active. 
  • I'm not sure I really follow the Cen accusations. Maybe someone else can expand on them for me. 
    I laid out my reasoning in the last page or two, but it comes down to the assumption that Phoebus was only converted last night (since it looks like she protected Dylara to ensure the autopsy was published) and that we know pretty solidly what 8/10 players did that night. That leaves either Cen or Thul as the recruiter, and I'm willing to give Thul the benefit of the doubt due to his protections.
  • Right, which fundamentally flawed because that list assumes we all have one thing we can do a night. From the start of the game, this has never been the case so it's weird you would base a decision on it being true.
  • Are you referring to ordering Pokemon around? I'm saying that we know pretty well where 8/10 of the players were, and I'm not recalling any situation where a player acted twice off their own abilities.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think we've confirmed more or less everyone with a non-recruiter night power at this point, right? Confirmed to the extent of seeing that person (not their pokemon) take a non-recruitment action at least once? Are there any that we haven't seen doing things?

If we've seen everyone, we have to assume that the recruiter has multiple powers. If we haven't seen everyone (although I think we have? Way too much info to keep track of everything easily) then we should probably be looking there for our lynches in case the recruiter doesn't get a second cover power.

Now, Sylveon's power: If I target a pokemon, I deal one point of damage and block their next night action. If I target a player, I block their next night action and their pokemon's night action. I can do this every other phase, and since it specifically says next night phase I'm going to treat it as a day power. If we're actually worried about Cen being the recruiter I could put the nightblock there and let us lynch Phoebus, but are we seeing any better candidates?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I don't doubt that the recruiter at least started with a different power, it's whether or not they can use both at the same time I'm skeptical about. If we end up accepting that approach, however, I'd switch my vote to Melali since my message from last night states that Cyndarin was alone in the galley instead of having a chat with the jailer.
  • Does no one find it weird how obvious Phoebus is acting without actually doing anything? This feels like the cult feeding one of their own to give themselves an alibi. I'm thinking at this point the cult is 3 or 4 people. Losing one person still puts them a couple of days away from a win depending who they convert, if any pokemon they picked up have a kill, and what Portius does. And I can think of reason's they would feel ok losing the Doctor.
  • Yes Pokemon powers. Pokemon, for example, can kill. Your list, and subsequent commentary, seems to assert that a person can't do two things at once. Yet you seem to be voting under the belief that Cen recruited Phoebus last night AND tried to kill Ileein. Are you saying his Pokemon has a kill power?
  • That's a reasonable question. Ileein, do you feel chilly at all? Anything in your night message to indicate that Icy Wind went through?
  • My list or Krackenor? My list is a bunch of what if's to drive home that cult is really close to winning and can afford to lynch their own as a bluff. I believe that Ileein was attacked by Articuno. Unless I'm missing something from Krack he thinks the same thing.
  • Yay, I'm alive. Still. Somehow.

Unvote.

Re: recruiter having to be Cen or me... that's assuming Othero isn't some variety of scum. It'd be easy enough for Othero to lie on the list of targets, to include someone to give them cover.

I'd assume from level of detail that Othero actually used tracker power, which would actually make Krackenor most likely as recruiter in the scenario. Which fits. Ileein didn't see Articuno. I think the only person who's been able to verify that blocker power is Vivet, who... well, I'm not sure who she was working for, but she wasn't exactly helpful. And then that fluff description jars with what supposedly happened last night.

Someone can unfreeze Melali really easily if we want to consult him, I should note. We can buy Ice Heals at any time.
  • Vivet, and Kaimanahi, and Portius
  • Probably scum, definite scum... >_> I swear I've asked this before. Is that block power legit, @Portius?