the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• You are correct that I did not notice any cold whatsoever. Also, nobody is really in a position to confirm his "blocker" powers.

Though the addition of Sylveon is nice. It lets us hedge. So we can lunch one suspected scum while ensuring another can't act, just in case. Personally I'm casting a very leery eye at Krackenor.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Portius can confirm, and has (albeit back on day 2). I'm running with the assumption that Articuno activated the spikes and that the attack was repelled, even though Articuno himself is uninjured due to being a flying type.
  • But that's not what Ileein has said. Ileein said an attempt on their life was made, and the spikes were missing when they woke up. I'm also giving up on pronouns.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Krackenor said:
    Portius can confirm, and has (albeit back on day 2). I'm running with the assumption that Articuno activated the spikes and that the attack was repelled, even though Articuno himself is uninjured due to being a flying type.

Verifying this. Krackenor did indeed block me on night two.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • At this point, I've given up trying to figure out how powers and types interact. If Articuno tripped over the spikes, then I'm assuming Ileein's flavor text was hyperbolic; if somebody else activated the spikes, then Icy Wind should have gone through and primed him for freezing.
  • If you actually attacked Ileein, or you're covering for Othero's failed kill attempt. 
  • If you actually attacked Ileein, or you're covering for Othero's failed kill attempt. 
    Please explain how either of those thing happened. Krackenor is a blocker, has been confirmed as a blocker, and visited you yesterday. We also have proof of what Icy Winds does. I've explained my powers, I also watched you last night, and my role has been confirmed. I am also still willing to trade my pokemon to show that I couldn't kill last night. 
  • It's very simple. Krackenor claims to have used Articuno to attack Ileein, and says the attack would not kill her. Ileein, however, states very specifically that an attempt on her life was made. We know the spikes stopped something. 

That leaves 2 possibilities.

1) Krackenor is lying and didn't attack Ileein. You did, as your pokemon has a nightkill, and Krackenor is now covering for you following multiple questions being raised about your loyalties. 

2) The spikes stopped Articuno and a second person who tried to kill Ileein. 

We have to account for the attempt on Ileein's life. Krackenor is trying to explain around it, which is sketch. 
  • I'll trade you Quilava for yours, if you want to confirm. 
  • Confirmed.

Trade Zoroark for Quilava
  • Trade Quilava for Zoroark
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It is worth noting that the Champion only grabbed one item each from the shoppe. There are no more fire stones, for example. An ice heal would thaw a Pokemon or Trainer, but it can only be done once via this method.

Called from the back once more, Alec swipes both Othero and Cyndarin's trainer cards and places their pokeballs on the appropriate pedestals, tap-tap-tapping away at the keyboard. A Quilava and a Zoroark appear on the appropriate sides of the machine's screen before swapping places. As the machine chirps its happy completion, Alec hands the trainers their pokeballs back and says, "Cards when they print, you know the deal."

Trades may not be done until the current one is completed.

Vote Count:

Phoebus - 3 (Cyndarin, Ileein, Cen)
    Cen - 2 (Othero, Krackenor)

With 9 trainers active, it's 5 to lynch! (PLEASE PING IF I'VE MISSED YOUR VOTE.)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    The machine dings happily as the freshly laminated cards slide out of their slots, which Cyndarin and Othero both take.

Trades may be offered once again. Play continues as normal.

• Alright, Zoraork cannot kill. Well, it could at one point, but it appears that power is now defunct. It applied only to the strongman. 
  • It does have a redirect power. It works once per day/night cycle.
  • Also confirm that it can only use its power once each day/night cycle. Not only did Zoroark not kill last night, it couldn't do anything last night.
  • Oh, ninja'd
  • Also what's up with Willowisp? This is a weird power.
  • Okay, gimme my Quilava back. 
  • Oh, and you can confirm willowisp sucks. 
  • Trade Quilava for Zoroark
  • Trade Zoroark for Quilava
  • I wouldn't say it sucks but it does require you to evolve again before it does anything else. Right now it just marks someone with a willowisp. Next evolution will actually do something. Honestly I think you have an arson pokemon considering willowisp is normally a burn skill.
  • Alright, Zoraork cannot kill. Well, it could at one point, but it appears that power is now defunct. It applied only to the strongman. 
    Wait, what? You mean the power could be used to kill only one particular person? Or it could be used only once at all?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • One particular person, the strongman.
    The Champion is a blur as he runs through, swipes, types, and cripes about his books. Quilava and Zoroark cross the screen, and Alec tosses them back to their respective trainers. The machine is much faster about printing the cards this time, which it promptly spits out to the trainers.

@Othero and @CyndarinAscends: your previous trainer cards will suffice for this trade.

Trading is now open again.

• Only once. The skill is referenced as a strong arm ability. 
  • Oh. OH. I thought it meant you could only kill the strong man. Othero's interpretation makes more sense.
  • Either way, it is marked out in the description. 
  • No, wow, no. Otherwise I would of gotten very lucky with that kill that I did not even mean to do.