the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• With @Tremula's blessing, I'll be providing some mood music.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • We...may want to lynch Phoebus before she can activate whatever the hell she gets.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ileein said:
    So, uh. Gengar is quite, quite powerful under the right circumstances: it can use Dream Eater to put someone to sleep for 50 posts during which time you control the actions of the targeted person, including any day or pokemon powers at their disposal.

Day only, or can you use it at night to get control over their night action?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Phoebus calls for Alec, who shows up and gives her a dubious look before nodding and accepting the pokeball in her hand. "Well, as long as I have Lunatone..." he says, but he lets the sentence die off as he begins typing furiously at the machine. The familiar smell of burning ozone fills your nostrils as a pokeball Appears on the opposite podium. He reaches back for Phoebus' trainer card and, upon receiving it, swipes it through the machine. Eyes turn to the screen as Lunatone appears on one side and...a Riolu on the other!

The pokemon swap positions on the screen, and after a few moments Alec hands Phoebus her new pokeball as the second Disappears. The machine begins chugging out its new card, and as Alec heads back into the bowels of the library he calls, "Just grab your card when it's done!"

Pokemon may not be traded until the current trade is complete.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • We...may want to lynch Phoebus before she can activate whatever the hell she gets.
    As long as we aren't concerned that this will end the game, that might be the case.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Also, sorry, a clarification: Gengar cannot itself put people to sleep, it can only control them once they are asleep. So presumably it can be activated either night or day, but can only be used during the day on someone who has been put to sleep by another power-- I could swear I've seen one that does it.
  • I have no idea. I doubt she the head of the snake, but I don't know who is.
  • Zoroark use night daze on Phoebus (post limit)

That will knock her out for 35 posts.
  • Bold it, homie. And...

unvote
    vote: Phoebus
  • Okay, so there was about a two-hour window between Phoebus's Moonlight and my Sunny Day. It is possible that the cult got a conversion in during that window, or conversely possible that it failed against someone-- such as Cyndarin due to the jailing, Melali due to jailing Cyndarin, myself due to Spikes (I did receive confirmation that any aggressive action would trigger spikes, including a conversion attempt), et cetera. So we do have to consider that we may be in a MyLo situation. But continuing to speculate really doesn't help I suppose.
  • I'm provisionally down with this.

Vote Phoebus, though we likely shouldn't finish the lynch in case someone else comes up with something
    Ileein said:
    Also, sorry, a clarification: Gengar cannot itself put people to sleep, it can only control them once they are asleep. So presumably it can be activated either night or day, but can only be used during the day on someone who has been put to sleep by another power-- I could swear I've seen one that does it.

I think it was...Turtwig? Silvanus had a post blocker that got traded at some point. So everyone counts as asleep for this power at night?

Ok, I'm think you should trade it back to me, Ileein. This makes me the world's biggest target. You then watch me every night. Assuming your power would notice the cult leader visiting me, that gives them the choice of revealing their recruiter or letting me do my thing with it. I think I'm opposed to leaving it on you because you can't watch yourself.

Does Gengar reveal the actions that you can force someone to take, or do you have to guess? If so, then it's basically a perfect investigator. If not, we can sort of use it to test for cult recruiter by trying to force them onto a low-value target and seeing if it works, I guess. A lot of this depends on the details of the power, which I haven't seen and probably haven't been explained.
  • I'm not okay with trading that thing back to Portius. I feel safer with Ileein as town than Portius. 
    I'm not okay with trading that thing back to Portius. I feel safer with Ileein as town than Portius. 
    They're going to try to recruit whoever has it. At the very least, that should be someone that Ileein can watch in case he can catch a recruitment. Which means it shouldn't be on him. Leaving it on anyone other than me means that Melali has to jail me every turn to make sure Gengar doesn't get used on me. Remember how I was concerned about them being able to force me to vigkill their chosen target even if I didn't ask? That sounds like a thing that Gengar does.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hello, little guy. I will treat you right. We are pals, and if I had a Pokepuff I would give one to you. Please accept these hugs and pets in place of food.

Evolve my small friend Riolu
  • I am in broad agreement with this logic,  though unfortunately the list of solid, confirmed town with Pokémon they can stand to lose is not huge.  Thul I trust 100%, but that's largely because of gardevoir and I'm not sure we want our mayor losing that total night protection. Thoughts?
  • Going to be gone for most of the night. Please don't lynch me.
    I think Thul is mostly valuable because Gardevoir has been on him the whole game. Assuming he started town, he will have stayed town. That means we can more or less trust any report he makes about targets. If Gardevoir goes to anyone else, we have to be wary of the reported actions because that person might have been converted already. If Thul gets exposed for even one night, we can no longer take him as an assumed pro-town vote. So he's probably out as a target.

As mentioned, I'm taking Ileein as confirmed town but a terrible Gengar-holder because he presumably can't watch himself, and Gengar is a big conversion target.

I know that I'm town, but you can't be sure of that. You can be sure that I'm already a big conversion target, so putting Gengar on me doesn't put anyone else at huge risk and makes me a good watcher target.

I'm not  feeling great about anyone else. Maybe Melali? I'm a little bit suspicious over jailing Cyndarin, but that's not a huge thing. I'm not 100% confident that her jailer immunity would block a cult recruitment, but the odds are pretty decent. Although, can she actually order a pokemon action at night while jailing someone? I don't know if that's come up yet, but it's a relevant point now.

One of my big concerns on this is giving the cult too many high-value recruitment targets. If we only have one, Ileein can watch that target. If we split them up, they have a lot of options to get someone good while also avoiding him. So I think either we put Gengar on me, or we put him on someone who the can't recruit. That's probably Melali, since the recruitment immunity on Thul is tied to his pokemon.

Or we could shove Gengar back into the general pool and immediately lynch anyone who grabs him, I guess? He'd go back into the pool after the lynch, so we could just take him out of the game entirely.
  • Shove Gengar back in the pool. My issue with you is that you've tried to kill me twice now, so I personally don't trust your judgement. The ability to control actions like that is too powerful to be in the readily available. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one who has had night access to the pool of pokemon, and that was just once, so we should see if anyone picks up Gengar. 
  • He can sit there with Raichu, Sandshrew, and whatever other OP bastards are there.
  • Makes sense, I'm down with that.

To which end,

TRADE GENGAR FOR CORSOLA

I'm coming for you, baby.  <3
  • If someone wants, I could trade my Zweilous for a Pokémon. I don't think anyone wants the power to randomly shuffle Pokémon around, so it shouldn't be too much of a recruitment target. Also, it should evolve sometime soon, since it had been awhile since it last evolved. 

Personally, I sort of want to get Corsola back in play, since it seems to block cult recruitment too. 
  • Melali said:
    If someone wants, I could trade my Zweilous for a Pokémon. I don't think anyone wants the power to randomly shuffle Pokémon around, so it shouldn't be too much of a recruitment target. Also, it should evolve sometime soon, since it had been awhile since it last evolved. 

Personally, I sort of want to get Corsola back in play, since it seems to block cult recruitment too. 
    Already on that last!
    Since Solrock is probably not going to recharge before the end of the game:

TRADE SOLROCK FOR MYSTERY POKEMON 4

Spin the wheel, try not to turn this trade into a complete loss.
  • The Mystery pokemon seem hit and miss. Articuno is a ball of MEH. Ninetales is pretty badass though.
  • Okay, this was my last night.

I went and autopsied Vivet, and set about writing up my report for Alec to share with everyone today. As I was leaving the morgue I saw Phoebus, who was apparently checking up on me. I was a bit uneasy at first, remembering the condition of Vivet's remains but I figured I might not have acted differently in her position.. well, I wouldn't have beaten her to death like that that's for sure. I kinda did a twirl, to show I wasn't really up to anything more than I was doing, she gave me a nod and walked away and I went and delivered my report. When I went back to my cabin where I dreamed of towering waves and rocks ripping the boat apart.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It sounds like Phoebus was converted last night then, as defending Dylara so that she could deliver her report on Vivet was a good move for the town. That means, if she was converted AFTER defending Dylara, one of those who is unaccounted for from that night is very likely our Chosen. Based on what's been revealed thus far, we know the following actions from that night with relative certainty:

Melali: jailed Cyndarin
    Cyndarin: jailed by Melali
    Othero: Watched Cyndarin
    Portius: Tryed to shank Cyndarin
    Krackenor: Tryed to block Cyndarin
    Dylara: Investigated Vivet
    Phoebus: Protected Dylara

I can't remember what Illeein claimed to do last night, but his actions seem rather friendly based on the moon-sun battle. Thul too cannot be verified, but his protection SEEMS pretty solid.

And that leaves Cen.
  • (Sorry, accidentally submitted too soon)

Assuming I haven't missed something glaring, I'm going to support Othero here and Vote: Cen
  • I understand the suspicions, I know I've been really airy and aloof these last few dayphases. I'm sorry, guys. I didn't realize the game would drag on for this long (did anyone else figure a game this huge and power-heavy would have like 5 kills a night?) and we've long since pressed into my busy family time. Honestly I probably should have let Trem sub in a reserve days ago but I'm selfish.

Aaaaanyways. Last night I tried to give xp to Melali's pokemon since despite Vivet's ramblings, I'm still utterly convinced he's Town, and his pokemon is one of the few left that isn't already maxed out. But as I suspected (and we discussed this during my jailing), I can't get to him while he's locked up. I knocked on the door to his compartment but nobody was home. :(

As for my innocence, all I can really offer is Ssaliss' investigation results.
  • Krackenor said:
    It sounds like Phoebus was converted last night then, as defending Dylara so that she could deliver her report on Vivet was a good move for the town. That means, if she was converted AFTER defending Dylara, one of those who is unaccounted for from that night is very likely our Chosen. Based on what's been revealed thus far, we know the following actions from that night with relative certainty:

Melali: jailed Cyndarin
    Cyndarin: jailed by Melali
    Othero: Watched Cyndarin
    Portius: Tryed to shank Cyndarin
    Krackenor: Tryed to block Cyndarin
    Dylara: Investigated Vivet
    Phoebus: Protected Dylara

I can't remember what Illeein claimed to do last night, but his actions seem rather friendly based on the moon-sun battle. Thul too cannot be verified, but his protection SEEMS pretty solid.

And that leaves Cen.
    I watched Dylara.