Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Haha, I mean you can still argumentative and pushy without calling something "retarded." I do it all the time. 

I still disagree with you, and I don't understand how this proves any kind of point you've been attempting to make. Unless your argument has been that we should hand over as much information as possible to the mafia as early as possible. Your push for a lynch has put the town is a far more difficult place than it started, and has put the mafia in a great position. We tried to tell you, it's not a rubric you can follow, and in your attempt to follow the rubric you forced a series of role claims. In all the threads that you've been telling us to look up, nowhere does it say forcing out role claims on day 1 is a good idea. 

If anything, this whole thing is an excellent demonstration of how context and variables are actually important things to consider. I told you, repeatedly, that there are ways to gain information that don't involve just straight up lynching people (which you took to mean town powers), and here we are, with a lot of information without lynching anyone-information we only got because we didn't lynch anyone. 

At this point, I think you're pretty convinced that any scenario that involves a lynch will somehow prove your theory as correct, so I'm not sure there's a point in arguing any further. What we do know is that appeasing your strategy forced us into a very awkward situation that Saran, and then myself, had to react to by giving up a lot of unnecessary information.

How that is beneficial, I admit I will never understand. 
  • Thank you. Let's consider the context and variables then, and never again try to pretend that no-lynching is helpful to town.

I tried to be argumentative and pushy without being rude. People were bored. Now people are listening, instead of waiting for another means to get answers and hoping that somebody else finds answers for us.

The moderators can punish me for my inflammatory remarks (I hope they do, because they were). But nearly everything since Day 2 started really has been retarded. There is no other word for why you people think doing nothing is so great.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    We haven't been doing nothing, though. We have been open to a lynch for the entire day, just a lynch with some information, even if just suspicions or theories. We told you blind, random lynches could lead to bad things. It did, incidentally. 
  • Lol. The only bad things we have seen are we are still shooting completely in the fucking dark D2.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

@Saran - motion detector
    - can see the number of actions attempted on a target
    - can see if the target attempted an action of their own
    - above power can only be interrupted by a complete protection from night powers
    Night 1 action:
    Watched Celina. Celina was visited by 2 people last night.

@Riluna - doctor
    Night 1 action:
    She protected herself. Claimed it was blocked. Can you please confirm @Riluna if you got a message specifically saying that your attempt was blocked?

@Celina - tracker (she can see who her target visits at night)
    Night 1 action:
    Tracked @Synkarin.
    Synkarin did not visit anyone on night 1 as per Celina. He is likely a townie. Or possibly a power role who didn't use his power on night 1, but come on - everyone craves for information on the first night. Plus power is tempting. I'm still inclined to believe he is a townie.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I will confirm I got a message specifically stating my role was blocked.

• Or, alternatively, Synkarin is one of the three mafia members (if we assume there are four) that did not attempt to carry out the kill.
    @Riluna, I think you need to chill a bit. :)

1.) Lynching is okay.
    2.) Lynching has to be done right instead of blindly voting people(w/c was @Celina's point)

I can see both sides of the argument being had here.

Also, with the way you've posted thus far, Celina could have used that to start pressuring a vote against you, however, she hasn't done that at all over the course of your ongoing argument with her - your passionate words notwithstanding. In fact, that she implied that had a reason to believe you're a townie in the first few pages after Night 2 gives me reason to believe that what she said about her actions on Night 1 are true.

Shoutout to @Saran, btw. I'd like to confirm the following: whenever you target someone, does your action/power count towards the number of actions attempted on a target?

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I promise I will chill when town has actual, real information. Not power roles who might save the day, eventually.

Riluna said:
    I will confirm I got a message specifically stating my role was blocked.
    Great. Thanks for clarifying.
    Ssaliss said:
    Or, alternatively, Synkarin is one of the three mafia members (if we assume there are four) that did not attempt to carry out the kill.
    I always thought that all mafia members would show up as "active" whenever they are watched at night. Kinda like the way it goes in Lusty's vengeance games. 

#bringShikariback 

Riluna said:
    I promise I will chill when town has actual, real information. Not power roles who might save the day, eventually.
    Well, I wouldn't disregard the information on hand as unreal myself. But I guess that's just me. The banter going on mostly leans towards a repetition of points said before, too. It makes for an easier read moving forward if we can just avoid this, unless new points are made. :)

#bringShikariback 

• Then let's make new points, and vote scum out of this game.

Also, @Celina, you mentioned a vision-dream thing? Is it alright for you to share the exact message to us? Would help clear things out regarding your second ability. Thanks.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Or, alternatively, Synkarin is one of the three mafia members (if we assume there are four) that did not attempt to carry out the kill.
    I always thought that all mafia members would show up as "active" whenever they are watched at night. Kinda like the way it goes in Lusty's vengeance games. 
    --
    In the past, the Mafia picks one person to carry out the kill. That person shows up as moving during the night while the others do not.
  • Just a reminder since it was just asked for.

You're not allowed to quote PMs from the mod as falls in under rule 6. That includes any other night messages you get. You're free to paraphrase anything, but no direct quotes.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Something seems off about the summaries made (by @Ayisdra) and others, and what was actually said in the thread. It might have just been my impression of events and Celina's confusion due to the message she recieved that are confusing me here.
  • What seems off about my summary, Enyalida? It was a summary of what I understood in reading the past 3-4 pages of the back and forth between the votes against Saran and the argument of Celina and Riluna. I even said that if it was wrong to correct me as then I misunderstood something of what happen.
    I'll clarify as much as I can. My vision message is vague, it named Riluna's role and that she protected someone. It did not say who was protected or from who, or whether it was me or not. 

I am trained in stealth and can track targets, I can see who they target but not what they do.

I assumed that Riluna had protected me, because my power explicitly states I can't tell what the roles are, but the vision told me her role, and not the name of who was targeted. When Saran said I was targeted twice, I thought that confirmed that Riluna had protected me. It made sense to me, since no one died, Riluna was the protector, and I was targeted twice that I was the target of the mafia which is why I stated that's what happened.

As it turns out, it appears to be some sort of secret power (?) that was not initially released to me initially, I don't know the specifics beyond that. 
  • Celina said:
    I'll clarify as much as I can. My vision message is vague, it named Riluna's role and that she protected someone. It did not say who was protected or from who, or whether it was me or not. 

I am trained in stealth and can track targets, I can see who they target but not what they do.

I assumed that Riluna had protected me, because my power explicitly states I can't tell what the roles are, but the vision told me her role, and not the name of who was targeted. When Saran said I was targeted twice, I thought that confirmed that Riluna had protected me. It made sense to me, since no one died, Riluna was the protector, and I was targeted twice that I was the target of the mafia which is why I stated that's what happened.

As it turns out, it appears to be some sort of secret power (?) that was not initially released to me initially, I don't know the specifics beyond that. 
    If this was actually true, you would have known I did not target you last night.

vote: Celina

You have a habit of stating things with italics, as if  it makes them factual. How would I have known you didn't target me based on what I said?

• So Celina is up to six votes now.

She is also voting for herself. Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid by this fact, but this seems like some power-requirement. Sure, there is nothing bad about voting for yourself, it just seems a bit odd even with votes starting to pile up on her.
  • It makes me feel like I am trying to express it because it is important. Take a look at what Celina actually said before I claimed, and what she is saying now.

@Celina as I said before, I don't care about your arguments. I'm not going to respond directly to them anymore. You're just going to keep defending yourself, because that is what you do. Everybody else can see for themselves.

Lol ok. Just curious what your new mafia guru bullshit position will be after the lynch. Or maybe they'll just have to google that to. I can unvote myself if you'd like. At this point, I'm most interested to see what spectacular nonsense Riluna will pull out of her add next. Hypothetically speaking, if everything I said is true, Riluna will at the very least prove she had no idea how to play this game.
  • If I'm really being so harmful, why the hell are you so convinced I am town?

• Hint: Celina already knows all of our alignments. Because there is only one alignment who does.

• Random scenario: I targeted Celina as the mafia "let's kill Celina" A second power role blocks it, because they protect her.

Celina has zero reason to believe that because I used a power, she was protected by me.

Can you make me one promise: take s minute to explain the situation after you lunch me. Sometimes vindication is more satisfying than victory.
  • I can promise that much, yes. And I'm sorry for it if you're actually town.

Stupid autocorrect