Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You can always lynch Riluna, I just don't want to play with her. Obviously arguing doesn't bother me, but to preserve my forums posting privileges and hopefully so the game can be enjoyable for everyone, I think it best if I'm not directly involved in conversations with her. I'm going to get banned if I have to keep responding to her c...cats. Her cats. :)

I do think you find out more from me than from her, as my story is a little convoluted, but also affirms both what Riluna and Saran have said. That being said, I don't think I'm taking anyone down any game theory rabbit holes that are ultimately not the best for the town to win. Up to you guys. I'm cool either way.

And I'm still hosting a drag queen mafia next. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And now I'm changing my vote. I forgot that voting Riluna off was a thing.

Unvote.
    Vote: Riluna
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

The only folks benefiting from us lynching either @Celina and @Riluna are scum.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

WELL, here's the weird part in that I do agree with Riluna about lynching for confirmation. If there is doubt about my claim, lynching me does confirm myself (which isn't all that useful since I'm dead) but also Saran and Riluna. It also confirms some info about Synkarin that may or may not be useful yet. I mean, I could die either way. My ability can expose the mafia, and Riluna is the only protector. If she is lynched today, it's most likely Saran or myself during the Night. Riluna's power becomes rather moot if they know she's the protector, so she'll protect herself to preserve town numbers. 

Tough call!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    You make a really good point, honestly. But you also have to remember that both parties have expressed their lack of desire to continue playing if the other is. Right now, one gives me a headache and the other doesn't, but I don't want to seem suspicious so I can't vote out the person who I'd rather see gone.

Unvote.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Siam said:

The only folks benefiting from us lynching either @Celina and @Riluna are scum.
    Honestly at this point I think getting either out of the thread is a net win for all of us no matter the outcome of the game.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • Since it looks like there won't be any actual lynch anytime soon, I'm headed to bed so it'll be a while until I can check up on the thread again. If you guys end up lynching someone, keep in mind that once the majority for lynch happens, that's it. No powers, no votes, no nothing can mechanically happen afterwards. You're free to talk until nightphase begins though.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Riluna's power is more useful if she survives, as if she happens to be watching is killed, she will uncover scum. However, Celina's mysterious visions might be more useful as we come to understand what they mean.
  • No power means jack-diddly if we're going to be idiots and afraid to act on it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Enyalida said:
    Riluna's power is more useful if she survives, as if she happens to be watching is killed, she will uncover scum. However, Celina's mysterious visions might be more useful as we come to understand what they mean.
    Riluna's power is blocking. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Let me get this straight, though: The two main reasons we're lynching Celina are to confirm her role and to defuse the kerfluffle from this thread so far?
  • I really, really do not understand why you people think it's so crucial for power roles to win the game.

You can win this game without it. You just have to actually try.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Siam said:

@Saran - motion detector
    - can see the number of actions attempted on a target
    - can see if the target attempted an action of their own
    - above power can only be interrupted by a complete protection from night powers
    Night 1 action:
    Watched Celina. Celina was visited by 2 people last night.

@Riluna - doctor
    Night 1 action:
    She protected herself. Claimed it was blocked. Can you please confirm @Riluna if you got a message specifically saying that your attempt was blocked?

@Celina - tracker (she can see who her target visits at night)
    Night 1 action:
    Tracked @Synkarin.
    Synkarin did not visit anyone on night 1 as per Celina. He is likely a townie. Or possibly a power role who didn't use his power on night 1, but come on - everyone craves for information on the first night. Plus power is tempting. I'm still inclined to believe he is a townie.

Sorry, I meant protector, @Enyalida.

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna ' s power is urging us to lynch people.

/chin
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Sorry, that's right, Saran is the watcher. I feel like Celina's power is more useful then.

Confirming Celina's role doesn't do much as it won't vindicate any of her voting history - she's not been voting according to her role power.
  • Then vote for me, if that's really such a terrible move. I want out of this game anyway.

Please, vote for me.

Hold ON. Sorry, I'm a little distracted right now. Riluna isn't a blocker, she's a protector. Different thing, go back to my original statement. Based on power alone, if we're removing one of Riluna or Celina, I think that removing Celina is the most useful, especially if Riluna can protect from non-murder scum powers. Provided she  protects someone besides herself. 
    Transcendent talking down to people about Internet games.
  • Riluna said:
    I really, really do not understand why you people think it's so crucial for power roles to win the game.

Literally no one has said that.

Are you just playing a different game than the rest of us are?
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Riluna is toast if you advertise her not blocking herself, unless there's a watcher that can watch her and see who attacks.
    *protecting herself

• Azureus said:
    Riluna said:
    I really, really do not understand why you people think it's so crucial for power roles to win the game.

Apparently. Why the bloody F does anyone even care about power roles right now, on a no-lynch D2, for any reason but trying to validate or make sense of the claims that have actually been made.

Literally many people have, even if not explicitly. It's all you people actually focus on, like it's the only information you have.

You all talk about power roles like they're some high-and-mighty only-chance-for-us-to win, when you can find scum from discussion alone.
    And the resistance to everything I've been arguing really is very ridiculous. I really am playing a different game than you. In most mafia games I play, town actually wants to lynch scum. In a game where people know what they're doing, these stupid debates turn out more about whether or not the lynch should be random or not, not whether or not we should lynch at all D1 (because it's obvious that no-lynching, no voting, etc. is really, really dumb)

People are starting to become more active about it, but still terrified to actually lynch. To actually use the only way you even have to find out if any word in the last 13 pages is even true.

And people still only care about the power roles. I don't want to play with you people anymore.

• So, we have a few choices now.

Lynch Celina, a possible watcher with strange visions. Ends the fight with Riluna.
    Lynch Riluna, a protector. Seems to want out. Ends the fight with Riluna.
    Lynch one of the quiet people (@Xeria still stands out for not posting in about a week to this thread and has only made about 5 posts.)
    Lynch someone else that someone else think stands out.
  • Siam said:
    @Riluna, I think you need to chill a bit. :)

1.) Lynching is okay.
    2.) Lynching has to be done right instead of blindly voting people(w/c was @Celina's point)

I can see both sides of the argument being had here.

Also, with the way you've posted thus far, Celina could have used that to start pressuring a vote against you, however, she hasn't done that at all over the course of your ongoing argument with her - your passionate words notwithstanding. In fact, that she implied that had a reason to believe you're a townie in the first few pages after Night 2 gives me reason to believe that what she said about her actions on Night 1 are true.

Shoutout to @Saran, btw. I'd like to confirm the following: whenever you target someone, does your action/power count towards the number of actions attempted on a target?

Nope, it tells me how many others used night powers (it was nicely clarified thanks @Kiradawea) along with advising if the target used a night action. 
    Also, someone mentioned me revealing people... the power doesn't work that way, I only see numbers as I believe I said in my claim.
    Riluna said:

Azureus said:
    Riluna said:

Apparently. Why the bloody F does anyone even care about power roles right now, on a no-lynch D2, for any reason but trying to validate or make sense of the claims that have actually been made.

Literally many people have, even if not explicitly. It's all you people actually focus on, like it's the only information you have.

You all talk about power roles like they're some high-and-mighty only-chance-for-us-to win, when you can find scum from discussion alone.
    And the resistance to everything I've been arguing really is very ridiculous. I really am playing a different game than you. In most mafia games I play, town actually wants to lynch scum. In a game where people know what they're doing, these stupid debates turn out more about whether or not the lynch should be random or not, not whether or not we should lynch at all D1 (because it's obvious that no-lynching, no voting, etc. is really, really dumb)

People are starting to become more active about it, but still terrified to actually lynch. To actually use the only way you even have to find out if any word in the last 13 pages is even true.

And people still only care about the power roles. I don't want to play with you people anymore.
    I'm sorry, but this post, more than anything else you've posted thus far is too condescending. You're town, I'll grant you that, but your attitude gives me pause. :( 

#bringShikariback 

Ayisdra said:
    So, we have a few choices now.

Lynch Celina, a possible watcher with strange visions. Ends the fight with Riluna.
    Lynch Riluna, a protector. Seems to want out. Ends the fight with Riluna.
    Lynch one of the quiet people (@Xeria still stands out for not posting in about a week to this thread and has only made about 5 posts.)
    Lynch someone else that someone else think stands out.
    We can just lynch Xeria and go off with what we learn, I guess. I'm still inclined to believe that Celina, Riluna, and Saran are town, from the info.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Riluna said:

Azureus said:
    Riluna said:

I'm sorry, but this post, more than anything else you've posted thus far is too condescending. You're town, I'll grant you that, but your attitude gives me pause. :( 
    I'm fine with that, if you actually wake the fuck up and think because of it. I'm at best condescending, because this game, and people's approach to it so far, really is idiocy. I want out.

And I'm the lunatic for actually wanting to try in the first place. Whatever.

Deuces. I'll play with you people. Vote: Riluna
  • To help you along,

vote: Riluna

• LuceLuce Fox Populi

(Wow, I can't believe I'm actually geting to do this.)

I am not convinced at all that Celina has been anything but forthright, and if we really need to confirm her claims by lynching her we can do it in an hour or so when we reconvene after what I'm sure will be Ermine's next sabotage attempt, the clean up for which I'm sure will make me severely regret teaching him German, I'm sure.

I will now Prove the innocence of Celina.

Riluna's assertions so far are that a day-1 no lynch is universally bad, which was debated, and that no one was willing to act today, which was demonstrably untrue. Celina has acted the whole hour as if she had information proving or at least heavily implying that Riluna was town, and we more or less understood that. By forcing Saran's hand, we learned that Celina had been targeted twice last night, but by the fact that she's still breathing and so is everyone else we learn that one of those two was mafia and the other a protective role. So far no one else has claimed to target her, which supports this. Moreover, Saran's statement that he had watched her was corroborated by Celina herself, who states that she had in fact used a targeted power last night. Riluna claims she is the doctor, that she healed/protected herself but was roleblocked, and that this proves Celina is lying. I refute that by saying we could conceivably have a player whose power allows them to steal someone else's role for a night, something that I recall happening in a previous Lusternia Mafia game.

However, whether Riluna is correct with her logic or not, what we're seeing today is that as long as she's here, it's her way or the 200+ post highway, and that's going to suck the fun right out of a game like this.

Therefore, I don't care what her role is, I don't care what her power is or isn't:

Unvote
    Vote: Riluna

She wants out, and I believe that's the best thing for the thread right now.