m&mf

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    V10 has been released - you are going to get the update system notification in the bottom right corner, but don't use it, it doesn't work currently!

I'm working on fixing it, but I wanted to warn people when that shows up. 

You can update to v10 the old fashion way and it'll work fine. 

The update has the recent changes, including moving blind/deaf/trueblind/truedeaf to dust balance, merging shackled/roped/trussed into tangle etc.

It also fixes various issues previously mentioned (nimbus etc) and added some missing lines.

DON'T USE THE AUTOMATIC UPDATE.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/releases/tag/11

Ok, m&mf version 11 is released - this one actually fixes the auto-update script to install the correct package instead of the non-existent one. You'll have to manually update to this version, but Hopefully, it'll auto-update in the future. (I tested a bunch, so it should be good).

I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

As mentioned 10 and 11 bring m-mf up to date with the lastest curing changes as well as fixing various issues. There are still some issues that haven't been fixed, and I encourage everyone who is interested in helping me continue to make m-mf a usable system for anyone and everyone. 

Thanks 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2016
    I noticed this only after it borked. XD thanks though, Synkarin, for explaining what went wrong.

I was actually a bit surprised because usually the in-client updater just hangs eternally on me. Does this update correct that sort of issue, too, by chance?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    No idea if it'll fix that problem, I did test it on several different class systems as well as the allclassess one

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Pity. Thanks anyway! I never was savvy enough to find out what caused it but maybe it's just my client itself. It did the same thing in the non-free version but I always forget to ask around until the next update.

As long as manually reinstalling the files is fine, I should be good anyway, right?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited April 2016
    I don't know what I did, but I can't get the system to register that I'm a class other than Ninjakari now.

Edit: Never mind, got it working.
    I'll be working on the updates when I get home tonight from work but I wanted to gather opinions of people in regards to the new focus mechanics.

My idea for focus mechanics is to make it as configurable as possible. Make it so you can use focus on specific affs all the time, just in aeon, etc. Maybe make it so you always use it in aeon/sap so you're ensuring you are curing the correct aff each and every time. I'm not quite sure how to decide between powerfocus or normal focus (obviously beast focus should be used before anything else)

Anyway, please hand out ideas for how to set it up, any suggestions are welcome. Just realize that some ideas may not be feasible due to the way m&m is set up. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • If it could be set much like the way the healing skillset is set, in regards to how often to use, I think that would suffice. Maybe the different types could be set with a "preferred priority" too that the user can define. Beyond that I think it will mainly be up to the user to establish manual aliases for powercures in an emergency.
  • Maybe a toggle for normal and power focus for the more casual users. A simple "when focusing, do you want to use power or normal focus?" toggle, people can switch back and forth mid combat for the more advanced players, or even create event/triggers to switch back and forth based on their vitals (how much power) and the situation etc. Beast focus whenever possible if ability is learned/available, yes.

• edited May 2016
    Does anyone know how to un-gag the messages you get while using empowerment with the influencer?  I'd like to be able to see it all, but I'm not sure how to get it done.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed (at least during influencing) it keeps trying to eat sparkleberry before the balance is back. It'll do something like eat coltsfoot first, for my secondary sparkle, and then eat sparkleberry twice I think.  Small portion of my log included to show what I mean: 

A dryad slips in from the northwest, flowering kudzu coiled around her lithe body.
    6800h, 9232m, 6343e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-(-68m, 0.7%, +949e, 13.0%)  (3.185s)
    You may eat another herb that gives the sparkleberry effect.
    6800h, 9232m, 5393e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-(eat coltsfoot|outr coltsfoot)
    You eat a plug of coltsfoot.
    You feel your health, mana and ego replenished.
    6800h, 9300m, 6123e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-(+68m, 0.7%, +730e, 10.0%) 
    You remove 1 coltsfoot, bringing the total in the rift to 1978.
    6800h, 9300m, 6123e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-
    You may eat or smoke another herb.
    6800h, 9300m, 6123e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>- (3.367s) (3.209s)
    Turning her colourful eyes away, a dryad wreathed in flowering kudzu leaves to the west.
    6800h, 9300m, 4675e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-
    You may eat another herb that gives the sparkleberry effect.
    6800h, 9300m, 4675e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-(eat coltsfoot|outr coltsfoot|outr 
    sparkleberry|eat sparkleberry)
    You eat a plug of coltsfoot.
    You feel your health, mana and ego replenished.
    6800h, 9300m, 5405e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-(+730e, 10.0%) 
    You remove 1 coltsfoot, bringing the total in the rift to 1977.
    6800h, 9300m, 5405e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>-
    You remove 1 sparkleberry, bringing the total in the rift to 1912.
    You eat a sparkleberry.
    The aftertaste of the berry turns sour.
    You may eat or smoke another herb.
    6800h, 9300m, 5405e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w Bxkdb<>- (3.298s)
    (m&mf): Done influencing this denizen.
    (m&mf): Done influencing the whole room.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Sadly, I don't know what to do about the sparkleberry thing, but for the un-gag I usually go into my triggers and search for 'gag'. There should be something called 'Just influenced - gag it' in the results which you need to un-check. It seems like it resets to the default checked position after every update.
  • @Thyelleia thanks so much for the tip with the triggers! I didn't even think of that.  Clearly I've been away too long.

Still waiting on a response from anyone who might know about the sparkleberry thing, but it's not a super urgent issue.  Just let me know when you can!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • I've noticed that MMF always tries to light my pipes and (since I have no tinderbox) it will spam me with 'you have nothing to start a fire with.'  I have artifact pipes, so I've no need for a tinderbox.  Doing PIPELIST seems to stop the spamming, however it's a pain during combat situations where I'm trying to see everything and keep up rebounding.  Is there a way to let the system know I have artifact pipes, so it will stop trying to light them with a tinderbox?
    --------
    --------
    try doing 'artifact list'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Update to m&m changes

I'm having a bit of trouble implementing focus stuff. The issue boils down to that focusing adds an extra line in the curing and m&m is set up to be particular about how many lines it takes, so it's not recognizing the curing of afflictions when it focuses on something and ends up thinking it's an empty cure and removes all affs cured by whatever you ate/sip/smoked. This will obviously lead to problems, so until I can get it figured out, I don't want to release the update.

So if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free. More minds trying means better results.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Public Service Announcement - If you find you are attempting to cure burns with ice instead of liniment (that change hasn't been implemented yet), it's because there's a bug with autoarena and the arena check. Run this in your command prompt 'lua mm.conf.arena = false' and it'll fix the problem. If you join the arena for any event, duel etc, you'll run into some issues with it and you'll have to redo that command upon exiting. 

It'll be fixed in the next update (the code's already in, it just has to be released)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hey,

I had one case where crushedwindpipe wasn't cured by m&m. Tried a little poking around and didn't find anything why it shouldn't. Will try to have somebody reproduce with me in the arena, may be possible that it's actually a problem with my little curings.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited May 2016
    Meep!

I'm trying to install version 12 (Ur'Guard, if it matters) via the package manager, but I get a prompt asking "Where is the m&m folder?"

Halp D:

Edit: I unzipped the archived file and selected the unzipped version when prompted.  Seems to be working okay.
  • I might have to do that myself
  • Thank you @Synkarin!

To confirm - with the Overhaul changes, we don't even need these?
      Curing status:
        x  Use focus body.
        x  Use focus mind.
        x  Use focus spirit.

At least that is what I understood from the Ieptix's posts. Wanting to verify I don't need to turn them on. Please and thank you again!
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Yeah I've had them off for a while. I'm not sure if Synkarin has taken out the functionality altogether but there's no harm in making sure they're off.
    I left the functionality in, just in case for whatever reason, it gets activated again and we revert back to them.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thanks! Wanted to be sure those should be kept off. :)
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • Even after the update, I'm still having some issues with broken limbs. For instance:

______
    A garghast reaches out and grabs you, holding you tight to its chest in a smouldering embrace.
    The functionality of your right leg is hindered by physical injury.
    A festering garghoul hisses and spits a glob of green acid at you, causing your flesh to burn and 
    singe.

A garghast reaches out and grabs you, holding you tight to its chest in a smouldering embrace.
    The functionality of your left arm is hindered by physical injury.

A festering garghoul hisses and spits a glob of green acid at you, causing your flesh to burn and 
    singe.

Your left arm must be free and functioning to do that.

You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
    _____

Neither of these trigger an application, although when I use diagnose, the system picks up on all of the broken limbs and cures them in succession. Am I doing something wrong?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    That is strange. Those look to be the lines you would get from a knighthood strike that causes a damagedlimb affliction.

I just went just hit by some garghasts and got the normal affliction message:
    You are afflicted with damagedleftarm.

I'm not really sure why you'd be getting different lines from the game though.
  • Check your configs:

config affmessages
    Affmessages allows you to see additional messages that alert you to afflictions 
    received. Useful for keeping track of afflictions!
    Currently, your affmessages setting is: ON

ohaffmessages
    Syntax: CONFIG OHAFFMESSAGES <BRIEF|VERBOSE|BOTH>

Set ohaffmessages to brief, I think, and make sure affmessages is on.

The messages should both pick up

This may be an issue left over from when ice afflictions were first introduced. I tried using the overhaul system to make them work, but it did not, so I divorced it from that, but some people's settings were saved.

To fix it - check 'mmshow o' - if damagedlimbs are a bright green, you'll need to click on each of them, and they'll turn to a grey color. Double check mmshow o to make sure they are grey, and then test again, it should work at that point.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'll test the various solutions, and report back tonight.
  • edited May 2016
    I just tested. It's definitely CONFIG OHAFFMESSAGES.

Set it to BOTH instead of brief.

Brief will not catch when the aff cures, because the triggers still rely on some of the old messages (like paralysis. If you're set on brief, it will cure paralysis, but won't realize when it has successfully cured it), but some of the "verbose" messages have also been changed (specifically damagedlimb lines) so you need to have both for the system to catch all the afflictions when you're given and when they are cured.

Edit:

Actually, for damaged limbs, even with both, it's still not capturing when it is cured:

Might need to update the lines