m&mf

Comments

• edited March 2016
    - Nvm -
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • I keep trying to install this, but it's giving me an error. After installing the package, it asks me to find the folder that the MM module is in. After I do, it gives me this:

"module 'm&m' not found:
        no field package.preload['m&m']
        no file 'C:/Users/Cheryl/Desktop/Documents\m&m'
        no file 'C:/Users/Cheryl/Desktop/Documents\m&m.lua'
        no file 'C:/Users/Cheryl/Desktop/Documents\m&m.dll'
        no file 'C:/Users/Cheryl/Desktop/Documents\m&m.so'
        no file '.\m&m.dll'
        no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudlet\m&m.dll'
        no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudlet\loadall.dll'"
  • Are we supposed to use the game's builtin auto-heal sipper? Because I've been trying to figure out how to get the system to actually sip and read healing, and it just ain't doing.
    come2mag
  • Same thing happens to me but I can't find the file
  • You might have to use all class mm
  • @Ratanu how are you going about installing M&MF? Are you following the ReadMe? Or installing one of the appropriate Releases?

The recommended way is to download the specific release of M&MF for your class (or install the All Class version). Make sure you install it BEFORE you sign in to your character. Afterwards, type in "mminstall" and run through the prompts that it asks for. After you're done, restart Mudlet and everything *should* be set up properly.

Also, make sure that you uninstall any previous versions of M&M BEFORE upgrading/reinstalling, else it'll mess things up.

• Havastus said:
    @Ratanu how are you going about installing M&MF? Are you following the ReadMe? Or installing one of the appropriate Releases?

The recommended way is to download the specific release of M&MF for your class (or install the All Class version). Make sure you install it BEFORE you sign in to your character. Afterwards, type in "mminstall" and run through the prompts that it asks for. After you're done, restart Mudlet and everything *should* be set up properly.

Also, make sure that you uninstall any previous versions of M&M BEFORE upgrading/reinstalling, else it'll mess things up.
    I've downloaded the file named ur.guard.m-mf.v9, installed it directly through the package manager. I'm running Mudlet 3.0.0 Delta. I've tried installing it while logged in and while not logged in, and it offers the same issue. After the package manager installs it, it asks me where to find the folder. It's saved on my desktop, so I select my desktop, though I've tried saving the file to other locations. It keeps giving me the same error, and doesn't seem to allow MMINSTALL to go through afterwards.
  • It seems the allclasses version works, but the ur'guard one won't work.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The Ur'Guard system doesn't have any issues when I loaded it up on a fresh profile in Mudlet. What OS are you guys using? It may have to do with the file name.

@Tynghall - sipping should work, you should c/p a log and make sure your config's are set up right and you are not getting any errors.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • windows 10 so far as I know.
    Ok, just to double check how it was installed.

1) You dled v9 from the github website? 

2) You moved the zip to your profile folder in mudlet

3) You then installed the zip using Package Manager without unzipping it?

4) When you select the folder the m&m file is stored in, you are selecting the Ur'Guard m&m folder that appears in your profile folder after installing the zip

It's looking like it can't find the m&m file that's needed. So please double check that you are installing it correctly. It may be because the zip is acually called ur.guard.m-mf.v9 rather than ur'guard that is causing trouble, but if you go through the steps I just listed it should work (I just did it again on my mudlet).

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • 2) You moved the zip to your profile folder in mudlet

This is the only one I haven't done, and it's because I saved it to my desktop.
    What folder are you saying the m&m file is located in?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2016
    My desktop. I've also tried putting it into My Documents and it still does the same.
    Ok, the folder should be 'Ur'Guard m&m' which is extracted to your profile folder within Mudlet. (I just tested this by loading the zip in from my desktop, 'Ur'guard m&m' is still extracted into the profile folder).

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Is there a way to configure mmf so blindness is cured via applying healing to head rather than eating an herb? 
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • Turns out, I had to "mminstall" which I had never done before. WHO KNEW!?

But seriously, thanks to the person who noted that in the thread, and thanks to @Synkarin.

Appreciate it, beautiful.
    come2mag
  • This happens every time I try to raise nimbus through rituals (or whichever skillset it is) rather than rubbing a ring:

The problem was: nimbus failed to start (....configmudletprofilesLusternia/Allclasses
    m&m/m&m:32403: attempt to index field 'activeskill' (a nil value)).
    known issue - already fixed for next update

As to the next update. I've had issues getting m&m to upkeep both trueblind and truedeaf on dust balance rather than herb balance. It will cure blind/deaf but not upkeep the defs.

I'm not quite sure why, but I've sent a message to Vadi to see if he can help, but he's been busy with stuff and hasn't had a chance. If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears, but I'm reluctant to put out an update that doesn't upkeep trueblind/truedeaf because someone will inevitably accuse me of using the system to make people susceptible to both bards and illuminati.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'll have a look on the weekend
  • After upgrading to the newest version, next login on deffing up I got this...
    beep
    See my above post, will be fixed on next release

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ok
    beep
  • I didn't see it on this page but... is there error also known? (if mmp is even a part of m&m..?)

The problem was: "[string \"function mmp.echo(what)...\"]:138: attempt to index local 'what' (a 
    number value)"
    beep
    mmp is part of the Mudlet mapper script. The error looks like it's trying to echo something but wasn't given a message to echo

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hmm. It was happening when I tried to scry someone with 'abjure window'...
    beep
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @yehn the mapper has a bunch of triggers for things like scent, window, etc. You could try poking around in the mapper triggers, should be rather easy to locate the faulty one.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Zarialle said:
    Is there a way to configure mmf so blindness is cured via applying healing to head rather than eating an herb? 
    So, no?
    Zarialle's first dance:
    No, there is not currently a config option to use apply healing over herb to cure blindness. It's certainly something that can be added in the future though.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    No, there is not currently a config option to use apply healing over herb to cure blindness. It's certainly something that can be added in the future though.
    Thank you! :)

Obviously not a huge priority, was just curious if I missed it somewhere as being a possibility.
    Zarialle's first dance: