Simple Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or just hold them in your inventory. Who uses backpacks anyways, I just hold 10000123344567 items in my hands at all times.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:

Or just hold them in your inventory. Who uses backpacks anyways, I just hold 10000123344567 items in my hands at all times.

If you like waiting 5-10s every time you check your inventory, sure.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Is there a way for us to tell how much longer milestones will last? As in when we probe them or check MILESTONES we could be given RL Hours or IC Days to how long?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    Silea said:

Is there a way for us to tell how much longer milestones will last? As in when we probe them or check MILESTONES we could be given RL Hours or IC Days to how long?

Don't they expire on a specific date of the month? Like the first? Or was it at weave?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I'm not completely sure, I think they expire in 24~ hours but I've had some leave early.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2015
    Question for you library guru types, such as @Portius and @Kalnid:

Lavinya was told a story quite some time ago by a Divine. I want to write it into a book, with some poetic license (as I was told in no uncertain terms that revealing the full truth of the tale would mean my life). If I wanted to write from the point of view of one of those in the story, would that be allowed? I fully expect it to be treated as a work of fiction, just not sure what sort of liberties can be taken here. I'm still deciding how best to write it, whether in the form of a third person narrated novella, a series of diary entries, first person narrative...I just want to know my options. Any advice is appreciated!

Once I get the book sorted, I can turn it into a play, huzzah.

EDIT I just realised I posted this under simple IDEAS, not QUESTIONS. Whoops, I'm an idiot.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Lavinya, when in doubt, issue it. I do that liberally for library things that seem questionable. My intuition is that it would be fine, but that is something that I would issue to be sure because it ultimately came from a god and that might cross a line.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Lavinya, a work of that sort would fit very well in the literary category.  While scholarly works are implied to be either true historical or scientific accounts or at least accounts perceived as true by the author, historical fiction of any sort or any admittedly embellished account would fit in the literary section very well. 
  • NSUM (section) (author)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited March 2015
    I brought this up ingame, but I figured since this is a section on the forums I could do it here, too!

Could we have a place to store special commune nuts (ravenwood/moonhart)? If an elder gets chopped down, people constantly doing the power quest to replace them can keep experience from the newbies who need it. I mean sure, you could wait for them to finish the quest themself, but more often than not someone higher up can do it in half the time, have the reset timer on shadows (or whatever Seren uses) going sooner, and start repairing the damage faster.

I think having an area in your wiccan/druid guildhalls (or a place in the commune that they can both access) could solve this by putting them in stasis mode like a shop (maybe even sell them for a sovereign apiece), that way when you're not actively needing them for re-planting you can take them there and have them stored for future purposes.

You could also (utilising totems) have a chance of gathering a special nut at your respective Master Tree by FORAGEing through Squirrel Totem, or use Groundhog Totem to bury them and have a surplus stored in a room the commune agrees on, and digging in that room would bring up one nut at a time. Not sure exactly how viable this might be, but thought I'd give my idea anyway. Discuss, maybe?

EDIT: Maybe add a new ability to Totem Tree to BESEECH TREE FOR NUT at your Master Tree that you can use once a month?
    EDIT2: MoonHART. Got it!
    Niico said:

I brought this up ingame, but I figured since this is a section on the forums I could do it here, too!

Could we have a place to store special commune nuts (ravenwood/moonheart)? If an elder gets chopped down, people constantly doing the power quest to replace them can keep experience from the newbies who need it. I mean sure, you could wait for them to finish the quest themself, but more often than not someone higher up can do it in half the time, have the reset timer on shadows (or whatever Seren uses) going sooner, and start repairing the damage faster.

I think having an area in your wiccan/druid guildhalls (or a place in the commune that they can both access) could solve this by putting them in stasis mode like a shop (maybe even sell them for a sovereign apiece), that way when you're not actively needing them for re-planting you can take them there and have them stored for future purposes.

You could also (utilising totems) have a chance of gathering a special nut at your respective Master Tree by FORAGEing through Squirrel Totem, or use Groundhog Totem to bury them and have a surplus stored in a room the commune agrees on, and digging in that room would bring up one nut at a time. Not sure exactly how viable this might be, but thought I'd give my idea anyway. Discuss, maybe?

Highly doubtful. I mean, I understand where you're coming from, especially with a certain someone's actions of late, but I personally doubt that the nuts are actual replicas and as such will require a fair amount of work to produce a result where you can have multiple copies available at any one time and their decay being slowed by something else. As far as I recall, nuts tend to respawn within an hour which pretty much puts them on the quest item timer, and while I haven't tried tracking to see if they have the same unique number, chances are they do.

• Abeytu has bought more than enough Moonhart nuts from us over the years. It makes sense that he could set up shop to sell some back when it comes time for totem planting.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:

Abeytu has bought more than enough Moonhart nuts from us over the years. It makes sense that he could set up shop to sell some back when it comes time for totem planting.

Glomdoring doesn't have a similar mechanic. Pretty sure the nut used for the collegium power quest is returned after the NPCs are done with it.

• Well that's odd. Glombeytu sounds like a simple idea then, because selling sweetgrass, power nuts, random sickly plants, or whatever else was a great supplement for weevils when I was new.

Maybe Glom could even sell all those aggro mobs they have to him, if there isn't already a place to do that.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Alternative idea: just require one feather popped into the nexus for the power quest.  Do the same Seren and their pixies if it isn't that way already.  Problem solved.  Brennan can even give the player a ghost nut that they give to Grutina in the collegium that she eats or uses to plant a ghostly ravenwood in the room or something.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    While it can be a pain, it's not that much of an inconvenience. If a novice is doing the quest, help them do it, then start it again. It doesn't take long. Inconvenience can be frustrating, but this is a minor one. I like the game with inconveniences, because we have to actually do some work for once.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, I don't disagree. But the easiest change I could think of to make was to just make it require one turn in. Not ten.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh, for the novice quest, I'd totally be on board with that.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Good point all around. Yeah, one shadow/...? (still have no idea what Serens do) for novices sounds great. Then you also get the chance of scoring two nuts for replanting!
  • Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I did some testing, and it turns out that the special nut shares an item number (64104 in this case). Not sure if this forces a respawn of another nut, but the one I buried in another room wasn't there when I tried to dig it back up.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Niico said:

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I did some testing, and it turns out that the special nut shares an item number (64104 in this case). Not sure if this forces a respawn of another nut, but the one I buried in another room wasn't there when I tried to dig it back up.

That is correct, only one nut can exist at any given time.  It takes 10 feathers to get a nut, there are a maximum of 14 feathers at any given point in time, so it's possible to actually make the Ravenwood appear to drop two nuts at the same time.  However, in reality you will just get the one.

This is why it's better to just put ten feathers in, plant the nut, then put in the rest to see if you get another (when you need nuts, at least).
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can DEMESNE show if demesne watch is on, please?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Tremula and I were discussing this while making dinner, but he didn't want to submit it. What a dink.

curios all driver
    ***************************[ All Curios (*DRIVER*) ]***************************
    Id      Type     Set                  Collection   Description                
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    167424  Complete Wooden Driver        Waystation   Complete Wooden Driver
    *******************************************************************************
    Total Curios: 1

TOUCH DRIVER: Allows you to see where the carriage currently is in the basin relative to the highway signs.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Also sends you to court.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Allow ikons to be traded for credits so we don't have to have a standoff for an hour while we build confidence that we won't be scammed.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    [BAKE/COOK/FORGE/BIND?/CRAFT/etc.] <pattern> FROM RIFT
    Silea said:

Allow ikons to be traded for credits so we don't have to have a standoff for an hour while we build confidence that we won't be scammed.

Scamming doesn't work in a community as small as Lusternia. Or rather, they will scam you once, you'll out them, then they'll never scam again/will get shunned to no end.

• edited April 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Silea said:

Allow ikons to be traded for credits so we don't have to have a standoff for an hour while we build confidence that we won't be scammed.

Scamming doesn't work in a community as small as Lusternia. Or rather, they will scam you once, you'll out them, then they'll never scam again/will get shunned to no end.
    I wonder how many times @Shaddus can scam us...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm pretty sure if he wanted, Shaddus could single-handedly convince the community that someone was a scammer, regardless of the circumstances.
  • Silea said:

Maybe don't have the word swindler or mountebank in your title when dealing in matters that involve trust? :P