Simple Ideas

Comments

• I can see the point in tracking beast vitals for stuff like them healing ego etc.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:

I can see the point in tracking beast vitals for stuff like them healing ego etc.

Also useful if you're a cavalier and people decide to target your beast.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

Ssaliss said:

I can see the point in tracking beast vitals for stuff like them healing ego etc.

Also useful if you're a cavalier and people decide to target your beast.
    Some of us are just plain geeks.
    </RANT>
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Celina said:

Rivius said:

Show beast vitals on gmcp?  ^:)^

People track beast vitals? Why?!
    Tracking beast mana and ego is pretty necessary if you want to use your beast every balance. Thing is, regeneration is a bit of a pain to keep up with, especially with different modifiers.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:

Celina said:

Rivius said:

Tracking beast mana and ego is pretty necessary if you want to use your beast every balance. Thing is, regeneration is a bit of a pain to keep up with, especially with different modifiers.
    Beast vitals would also let you know when your beast was being killed even if you were nowhere near it; I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, but to keep in line with past decisions they've made, it should only provide them when the beast is in the same room as you.
    Yeah, that's true. That's totally okay.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Rivius said:

Celina said:

Rivius said:

Well not really, specifically because beast balance is seperate from normal balances and with strategems you lose nothing by ordering a beast that has run out of mana/ego to do something. It's kind of like mage dissolve before every attack, you really lose nothing for attempting it and stratagems really eliminated the latency of extra command lines of this nature. It's really just knowing for the sake of knowing. 

I use mine for minorbreathe all the time in PK, and have never found it necessary to track its mana. It rarely ever runs out (even with minimal mind trains) and even if it does, a simple toggle spares me the extra command line if it bothered me that much. 

The only time I could see this being all that useful is using beast healing as a primary source of healing when dealing with wounds and being able to track when you should switch back to sipping, but even then, I wonder if the effort is worth the benefit. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:

Instead of this:

*** You have 130 unread message(s). ***
    msgs
    *******************************[ All Messages ]********************************
       ID   Sender          Received        Message                                 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      499   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      498   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      497   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      496   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      495   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      494   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      493   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      492   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      491   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      490   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
      489   (system)        04/08 12:47     A paint palette has decayed to dust in
    etc. etc. etc.

Is it possible to see this instead?

*** You have 1 unread message(s). ***
    rm
    Message #488 sent by (system) (received: 2015/04/08 12:47:42)
       130 paint palettes have decayed to dust in your absence.
    Or, you know, not disappear for long periods of time and use those palettes!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can DEMESNE show if WATCH has been toggled on, please?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Celina said:

Rivius said:

Celina said:

Rivius said:

Well not really, specifically because beast balance is seperate from normal balances and with strategems you lose nothing by ordering a beast that has run out of mana/ego to do something. It's kind of like mage dissolve before every attack, you really lose nothing for attempting it and stratagems really eliminated the latency of extra command lines of this nature. It's really just knowing for the sake of knowing. 

I use mine for minorbreathe all the time in PK, and have never found it necessary to track its mana. It rarely ever runs out (even with minimal mind trains) and even if it does, a simple toggle spares me the extra command line if it bothered me that much. 

The only time I could see this being all that useful is using beast healing as a primary source of healing when dealing with wounds and being able to track when you should switch back to sipping, but even then, I wonder if the effort is worth the benefit. 
    It's a simple ideas thread. They'll let us know if it's worth the effort or not...

Yes, I've used it for healing. I predict vitals right now to determe if there's sufficient ego to use beast curing or healing in lieu of the regular cures. When bashing I also use beast breath and switch to regular attack when mana runs out. It's just, even when trying to predict regen times, I fall behind a bit and it's difficult to automate it for different pets with different configurations and different regen times. This would make it smoother to use one's pet in the context of your own system. It isn't a huge ask, and if they don't do it, I can live with that. But hey, it's a simple idea.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think she meant more the effort of coding it client-side if it was implemented vs. the benefits you get from it? I dunno, quoting is broken so it's not easy to follow quote strings while I'm at work. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Aetherhunting smobs.

Giant black dragon.

Wandering minor Soulless.

The Omni-Cloier.

Scyllatina, mother of Scylluses

Slt't'te (quest to empower her or something)

Crazen's Colossal Cruiser -> (full of heretics, ram to invade and bash super-dominators)

• Can aethercraft actions please be ignorable with obliviousness?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Allow classflexed people to learn from guild tutors, please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• It made best of, mayyyyybe they are considering it  [-O<
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Silea said:

It made best of, mayyyyybe they are considering it  [-O<

Pretty sure that list isn't curated in any way, even by an algorithm.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's based on how many likes and agrees a post gets, sorted by recency. At least, that's what it looks like.
  • Trouble is, I think the lips are set up the way they are with the understanding that you won't get all 24 hours out of them. if it was changed to only tic down while you were online it would probably need to be reduced as well to a much lower amount of time.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's not the case in other IREs, though they don't also have outrageous ikon xp boosts.
  • Probably been mentioned before but:

A way to list the return for directory/portalsearchshops by cost or a way to portal search shops exact <item>.

Mostly 'cause I am lazy

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Yarith said:

Probably been mentioned before but:

A way to list the return for directory/portalsearchshops by cost or a way to portal search shops exact <item>.

Mostly 'cause I am lazy

Being that there is a way for aethershop owners to 'advertise', thus putting their stores closer to the top of a search, I doubt any sorting would be looked upon kindly.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Please make filling beast venom sacs not require a full vial. Or really, just fix it so that I can specify the container instead of having to move around stuff so I hit a full vial of the poison.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It just seems weird to buy an Ikon that gives 200% boost for twelve hours that tics only when I'm logged in for 10~ credits, but lips that boost 100% for 24 straight hours even if I am logged in for one hour of it for 30 credits.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    WTB hunting ikons.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I agree, Nerf ikons

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silea said:

It just seems weird to buy an Ikon that gives 200% boost for twelve hours that tics only when I'm logged in for 10~ credits, but lips that boost 100% for 24 straight hours even if I am logged in for one hour of it for 30 credits.

The ikon price is more of a player thing, because you can buy them for a lot cheaper than ten credits from people.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.