Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Raves @solestran for getting it(the summoning)right the first time, everyone else I know screwed up the first time.
    And raves for @Tarkenton, @kierstin,@Braedan,@eirien, @zitto(was that you or someone else?), and  all those who hunted with me afterwards.
    and raves for  @athree for being drunk, that actually lifted my mood....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    What is Munsia, ground beef?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Also, I was a lagging dwarf. I was at 0% effectiveness.My escape game was pretty good at times though.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2015
    Tylwyth said:

Raves @solestran for getting it(the summoning)right the first time, everyone else I know screwed up the first time.

And raves for @Tarkenton, @kierstin,@Braedan,@eirien, @zitto(was that you or someone else?), and  all those who hunted with me afterwards.

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

*all your work is undone*

Edit: Please, can we just kill the baby and have it be just right. All that work and for just only 300 power after four hours of self-prep -1.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Seeing that timer extended a wee bit wouldn't be a bad thing at all, imo.  Not a necessity, by any means, but I'd take it as a quality of life improvement.
  • @Tylwyth - As happy as he would be to observe infanticide for science, Zitto was not there
  • edited March 2015
    Zitto said:

@Tylwyth - As happy as he would be to observe infanticide for science, Zitto was not there

Not that, I was refering to a hunt we did afterward, just for getting some sweet, sweet XP and corpses.
    Tark took some of us from Glom, and we joined up with Kierstin and someone else she had with her. Probably not you, I guess.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

This day, the Village of Rikenfriez has pledged its support and resources to the Free Forest of Glomdoring.

asdakbjsfaksbawsbfv sakh bfs

I never thought we could pull it off. Go team Glomdoring!
    @Illidaen, @Yarith, @Braeden, @Tylwyth, @Athree. I AM HYPERVENTILATING. I HAVE TO GO COOK DINNER NOW.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Shuyin said:

Ah man, when the Gaudi Goon Squad is on along with the key fighters of Mag, we can do anything!

...like take a Domoth during primetime. Yay Beauty.

Raves to:

LLandros, Steingrim, Delphas, Elodres, Enadonella, Silvanus, Lavinya, Feyda, Viynain, Malarious, Ellowyn, Synkarin, Crek, Tremula, (and me) = 15

vs. 

Jaamil, Taevyn, Yurika, Qoivhae, Raeri, Xedrik, Romaan, Azula, Neos, Maligorn, Elanorwen, Glevich, Rheatsis, Kaimanahi, Arien, Tridemon, Kalliste, Caerlyr, Avurekhos, Vivet, Kierstin = 21

Now if only we had this many people every time.
    Well. I don't really count because I get lost a lot and can't fight to save myself (literally) yet. It was really nice to listen to you all on clan afterwards. :)
  • Shuyin said:

Ah man, when the Gaudi Goon Squad is on along with the key fighters of Mag, we can do anything!

Raves to:

LLandros, Steingrim, Delphas, Elodres, Enadonella, Silvanus, Lavinya, Feyda, Viynain, Malarious, Ellowyn, Synkarin, Crek, Tremula, (and me) = 15

vs. 

Jaamil, Taevyn, Yurika, Qoivhae, Raeri, Xedrik, Romaan, Azula, Neos, Maligorn, Elanorwen, Glevich, Rheatsis, Kaimanahi, Arien, Tridemon, Kalliste, Caerlyr, Avurekhos, Vivet, Kierstin = 21

It was a good fight, I just wish I was at home on non-bad internet for it.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• edited March 2015
    I dunno, but I think Gaudi has best gods.

• edited March 2015
    Salome said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

Rite of passage. You will never hesitate to kill another baby for Glomdoring or anybody ever again. Lesson learned.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Ah, I still remember the time I was trying to do the summoning of Night, and an AFK Sidd acquisitio'd the baby during the ritual. Fun times.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes, an "AFK" Sidd

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

Raves @solestran for getting it(the summoning)right the first time, everyone else I know screwed up the first time.

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

Edit: Please, can we just kill the baby and have it be just right. All that work and for just only 300 power after four hours of self-prep -1.
    Dunno, the Halli equivalent takes a minimum of 6 (six) hours to complete (Have done the Glom thing in just shy of two hours) and gives no power at all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I had to do the nai'dorin 2 extra times because I kept screwing up the baby murder. 

And then I quit and went to Gaudi, and haven't been able to bring myself to do it again since. That quest is really cool, but it gets old after the 2nd time. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Take note, however, that 2 hours of work won't be enough if you start from scratch: empty cauldron, only 6 out the 12 faelings are present, summoning the skeleton council. Our quest just seems more lucrative because most of the prep work has been completed already.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Elanorwen said:

Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

Dunno, the Halli equivalent takes a minimum of 6 (six) hours to complete (Have done the Glom thing in just shy of two hours) and gives no power at all.
    Halli equilvalent is like 10mins of work every hour for 6 hours, so maybe total of an hour of actual work, 5 hours waiting around for things to reset

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

Halli equilvalent is like 10mins of work every hour for 6 hours, so maybe total of an hour of actual work, 5 hours waiting around for things to reset
    If you say so. It's especially fun when some NPC you need ends up hiding in some obscure spot and you can't find them for 20+ minutes, and it will happen quite often... at least it did to me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Shuyin said:

Raves to:

vs. 

Well. I don't really count because I get lost a lot and can't fight to save myself (literally) yet. It was really nice to listen to you all on clan afterwards. :)
    Ah, but you're learning, and this, more than most anything else, is rave worthy. I saw the omens, crucifies, and beckons going down, and those are always helpful in a win!
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

If you say so. It's especially fun when some NPC you need ends up hiding in some obscure spot and you can't find them for 20+ minutes, and it will happen quite often... at least it did to me.
    well, we do all know that you definitely have the worst luck out of anybody.

I never had an issue with hidden comptrollers or servants or anything. The epic quests themselves on the other hand are another story.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

I never had an issue with hidden comptrollers or servants or anything. The epic quests themselves on the other hand are another story.
    Am never raising another wakabi chick ever again for that Hand. Stupid eggs.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I secretly feel terrible every time I help someone start their epic, because I know they might someday have to find the Hand.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The Seren epic is not very hard once you know what you're doing. In recent years, more hints have been added, with the quest mobs actually hinting at the next step. That said, it's still a random collection of random tasks, and I have NO idea how you're supposed to stumble on the quest, or figure out certain steps without someone telling you. It's also the least interesting epic from a story and impressiveness perspective, imo, though I don't know Gaudi's.
    Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Salome said:

Tylwyth said:

"KILL THE BABY"

*kills it*

"TOO SLOW HAHA FU."

The epics felt repetitive (I've done the Gaudi epic twice... crazy masochistic, I know) but not really difficult. Gaudi's prophecy thing also felt more repetitive than annoying/frustrating. Just easy to get bored with it. Hated finding comptrollers and custodians of justice the most, up to the point I felt like curling up in a ball and crying by the time I was doing the last one.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ackleberry's epic has you plucking pollen from hidden flowers around the Basin, then giving it to honey bees so you can empower them for 100 drops of honey to make a cake to take to Maeve so she can sent a letter to a random mob who asks for an apple from Tolborolla, a half dozen undead cave fishers, and a skirt once worn by Meleris. Once you satisfy the mob, you have to take a key they give you and unlock a chest buried in a random room on Prime, and that gives you a Honeysap Sphere. Put this into the Honeysap Tree for an honours line. Repeat four more times, then raise the Dread Lord of Contagion, slay him and put his body into the Honeysap. Then you have to kill Korath, then you trade his body for....

Ad nauseam
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I actually felt a lot of melancholy when I was done with Hallifax honour lines. Suddenly the comptroller/justice hunt was removed, and thereby a huge chunk of time and the feeling that "aw yiss I'm getting something done" feeling vanished.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    You know, nothing's expressly stopping you from helping the current crop with a few mandalas on the sculptures if you -really- want to. :>
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Nay, for I cannot rob them of the opportunity to serve the Collective themselves. Duh.

This discussion has been closed.