Lusternian AMA

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Bit late due to RL commitments and lack of internet, but I'll join the fun re: being asked.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited March 2017
    For a quirk, Saran has been a changeling for centuries, even before that he changed races a few times. He just sees the races as different shapes at this point, different shapes simply being useful for different things. 

Viscanti and Illithoid being shapes associated with the taint and soulless are not taken because each shape still connects to its associated powers, so taking on either of those two would be kind of an invitation to corruptive powers.

He's also kinda forgotten his birth race, he generally assumes elfen... maybe faeling, or was it human... probably not trill or was it... hmmm

edit: Oh, because of this, most of his shapes have similar features, brunette/green skin tones, but at least one exception exists for the Aslaran where he looks like an Aslaran version of his liger, Malach. 
  • Hm, Orv's quirks: she noms on her prayer vines when she's trying to figure something out. Also, she thinks vengeance games are evil and they make her nervous because to her the concept of messing with timelines is #notcool no matter if it's 'pretend'. Just chalk it up to her early career in the Sentinels before Institute came out.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited March 2017
    everyone, ideal mate/spouse &child/parent? IC & OOC reasons?

ordassa`s ideal spouse = good social standing, skilled in  art or combat, have money, great leader.
    (ooc fun to play with)

ideal parents = windwhisper (?)
  • Role model: @Janalon for real, I probably would have quit the game if she wasn't around to shower me in lore and cool stuff to do. @Eliron, #elegancegoals. @Rancoura, #eloquencegoals
  • edited March 2017
    Yay, new question.

Ideal spouse: @Nelras

Ideal parents: @Aramel and @Falaeron. RPing with them is always so enjoyable!

Ideal sibling: Xeii definitely wants a brother. OOC passing into IC sort of, since I have an older brother I adore in RL. ICly, one of Xeii's greatest fears is isolation and this sort of trickles down to her wanting to have a sibling by her side as well. Doesn't have to be a brother though, would totally have snagged @Wondir for a IG sister if the Nitraedes hadn't got to her first.

Ideal children: Symphonists. Creative, enthusiastic, RPer Symphonists to expand the Shevat influence over the guild, muhahaha. Not looking for Symphonists only, of course.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Just a reminder - if you answer a question, consider asking one as well to keep the conversation going! Ping other players or ask everyone!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2017
    Okay, okay. Uhhhhhh. @Everybody.

What's your most embarrassing Lusternia moment (that you're willing to admit to on forums)?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra, when Elostian had just finished his fusion dance I was so utterly excited that I had to share with someone.

I think I sent a tell or something as a comment on having the candle, and immediately, like seriously, get a tell commenting that such wasn't very "enigmatic" or something from Him. >_>

Perhaps the first time that I encountered the glorious antics of the ever watching Elo.
  • Sylandra said:

What's your most embarrassing Lusternia moment (that you're willing to admit to on forums)?
    I will leave it up to you decide if it is embarrassing or not - When I was a newbie blacktalon, I thought the guild administer was also a game admin. At the time, this was Tajalli. I also thought only they could actually advance me in the guild, which lead me to having all of my tests done via them. It didn't even occur to me that they weren't a game admin until someone pointed it out to me that gods are the game admins.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:

I'm sure it was something I did in my first year of playing.

Thankfully, I can't remember.
  • Pretty much my first year playing, in hindsight

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Sylandra said:

Oh hey, that's an easy answer. Mouthing off to Jqueen when I was younger.

• edited March 2017
    Thyelleia said:

@Everybody: What's your character's favourite blend of tea?

Exotic midnight passion fruit black tea. Xeii probably would have found it overwhelming pre-level 80, but now that sleep is but an option she enjoys the intensity quite a bit. White orange-blossom and pomegranate tea is also a favorite.

@Everyone: What is that one special item (no artifacts) you'd like to own, upgrade to non-decay and perma-reset to you? Can be something you saw in a shop, a design you made, or even a quest item.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • edited March 2017
    Thyelleia said:

@Everybody: What's your character's favourite blend of tea?

Is absinthe a tea? I mean, it got herbs in it! 
    Otherwise she would go with white, I think.

Edit: @Everybody: What is your character's favorite drink?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
    Sylandra said:

Around the time when the nai'Dorin rite first came out in Glomdoring, I did the classic "sacrifice the baby too early" bit during the Night-summoning ritual because the cues were a little misleading. Still, it wasted literal hours of multiple people's work, and earned a 'WTF' emote from @Xenthos. :(

Edit: Oh, and I also believe it was during an event when we really, really needed a prophecy from Night. :s

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Bit of an off-colour question for @Everyone:

If there was one thing you could change about your character, but for whatever reason cannot, what would it be?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Rancoura said:

If there was one thing you could change about your character, but for whatever reason cannot, what would it be?
    Hrm. Depends how you're asking this!

I'd make her more of a combatant if I could, but I utterly suck... mostly due to my not knowing how to fight now, since I've unlocked how to avoid getting headaches and dizzy playing Lusternia.

I'd also make her a Sileni but @Estarra had to crush my hopes and dreams (teers, Estarra, can't you just Halli-them back into existence or something... Hallifax makes a portal, it opens to the wrong time/place, the result is a changed timeline where the Sileni never died?)

In terms of personality, though... maybe her being so naiive? She blocks out scary things to her very well by pretending they don't exist. See: @Avurekhos terrifying her at the gala, now she doesn't mention him anymore.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rancoura said:

She'd be less like me. :( Phoebus is stuck with some laziness and lack of motivation because she's driven by me, when she'd really be much more driven and focused, in a perfect world.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2017
    @rancoura What would I change about Aeldra? Hmm.. I would probably like to see her more calm in some situations, which would probably fit her more and less rushed ( this especially shows in events, but not only there), where, when things don't happen, I behind the scenes often get nervous about things not moving or kind of rush things just to be done. (it's not that I want to be done, it just creeps up on me and suddenly am all 'let's doo this quiiiickly' when actually there's not that much of a need to do so)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited March 2017
    Rancoura said:

Echoing  @Phoebus - ordassa would not have all the bad traits & habits I do have - less klutzy, more intelligent and well organized. and a tanky combatant (basically win at everything XD)