Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My modkill had more power than expected. Sorry. :(
  • Cuttlefish safari.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Is it a safari if you are under water?  :-?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Subfari
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Every post in this thread that isn't a new dayphase is such a tease. </3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    At least you know if the most recent post is mine, it is not a new dayphase.  :D
    Mobile doesn't tell me who the most recent poster is! :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I saw all the new posts and my heart stopped.
  • As morning broke over Night Vale, two new bodies were found in the streets. Surrounded by the spent corpses of butterflies and wielding a slingshot, Melali was found lying on the ground by intern Thul on his way into the station. Nearby, Cyna was found as well, an blunt wound on her forehead centered between the eyes, and on the ground nearby a fist-sized river rock believed to be Dr. Sarah Sultan, the President of Night Vale Community College.

As the illusions about the bodies vanished, their true identities were revealed. The person that was Cyna appeared as... what? Is this right? The revealed person was none other than Mayor Dana Cardinal, except that her flesh was strangely melted and misshappen, as though someone had changed their own body to bear her guise. My only conclusion is that she must have been one of those mysterious Lust Hernia interlopers summoned into our town.

The other person, however, I know quite well. Lying still on the pavement was Tamika Flynn. Tamika, who survived the deadly Summer Reading Program, even having killed a librarian. Tamika, who lead her militia of young book learners against StrexCorp and helped save our town from the Smiling God. Tamika, who once read the entirety of Sun Tzu's science-fantasy character study The Art of War, despite it being so very far above her reading level. Tamika was a hero in Night Vale, and we will surely miss her. This is a hard blow to our town.

The sun rises over Night Vale, cutting through some of the shadows and revealing the barest glimpse of secrets forged in the dark. We...

Wait, I'm getting a report that a third body has been found this night. The person bearing the name Ushaara was found leaning against the wall of a house, seemingly dead. However, as people gathered to determine his identity, Ushaara's eyes blinked open as awareness returned to him. His skin retained the coldness of death, and the cool breath drawn inwards as he inhaled did not warm as he exhaled. His skin is pale, ashen, but his muscle function and mental faculties are still somehow intact. The spell diguising his true identity seems to be holding, so I guess he's still alive? Or, at least, not dead?

More on this story, later. Maybe.
  • edited June 2016
    Cyna was a member of the Freedom Council of Gaudiguch.

You're in some town in the middle of the desert. The government works to mask all manner of horrifying secrets. There was a pyramid once, though conventional wisdom says the philosophical edifice was naught but a publicity stunt for Flaky-O's nighttime-only cereals. There's a dragon living in Night Vale. There's even a chapter of the Illuminati in the city! ... Wait, no, that can't be right. These cannot possibly be the real Illuminati. Not even the Hungry Man Brand Frozen Foods Officially Sponsored Illuminati faction seem to be imposters! Man, this place is just, like, a total rip-off of Gaudiguch, but like, way way worse at just everything. You were so hopeful, too. Oh well, if you play this right you can probably convince all the citizens that they're just playing a game as you do your best to eliminate them all.

You may activate the following power once at night, so long as you are not performing the mafia's kill:

Fleshwork: You may target a player investigate them. Using the information gained from them, you'll be able to work your flesh such that you appear as a duplicate of your target to any investigations. Additionally, you will learn the role (but not powers) of the person you are masquerading as.

You win with the mafia.

---

Melali was Tamika Flynn.

As a survivor of the much-feared Summer Reading Program, slayer of a librarian, and leader of a militia of literate youth, you are a force to fear for any who would stand against Night Vale. Despite being only a young teenager, you are fierce, tenacious, and in possession of a reading level far beyond your years. Well done, Tamika. You've taken our city under your protection with a copy of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet in one hand, from which you've been learned many impressive parkour techniques, and a loaded slingshot in the other.

Each night you may activate the following power:

Vigilante: You may target another player, killing them.

You win with the town.
  • It is now Day 4.

9 participants remain.

It will take 5 votes to declare a lynch.
  • (Sorry for the abbreviated and delayed post, writing is not my friend these last few days).
  • I'm assuming that Melali won with Town?
  • That's what the post says. >.>
  • HAY YA'LL.
  • Also... Deaths tonight.

Melali was killed via butterflies. That certainly looks like the Gaudi kill to me.

Cyna was killed via a rock to the forehead. Since Melali was found with a slingshot, and was the vigilante, I'm feeling rather confident that the two offed eachother.

Also, this means we're down two scum. Likely two remains.
    This douchy Pyro above aeon'd me, so clearly aeon is OP and must be nerfed. Anywhoozle I tried to redirect someone and clearly that failed. Will share who later if I feel like it.

Also RIP @Melali. :C And yay for Cyna being offed, dirty scum down. I concur with Ssaliss.
    Daraius said:
    Ps on vacation so will post less often than usual.
    Daraius said:
  • I find it hilarious they killed eachother.

Yeah, I aeon'd Sylandra because after reading the thread she made me side eye the most. 
  • Plus I just wanted to feel the power of sweet sweet aeon
  • First question I have is: Who did you switch around, @Ellowyn?
  • Also, for the sake of it, who are you?
  • I died a good death!
  • Alright, I blocked Cen last night because of the inconsistency between her and Ushaara's reports about my actions. I also found the targets she claimed to have tracked too convenient since they were the people who got aeoned.

At this stage I will accept that the mafia are likely Lusternians, but there is no way that there are six (or even five, since nobody has claimed to be the Celestian) mafia out there. My guess is that the south are mafia, so Krackenor is also mafia. It could be that they started with 3 mafia but Krackenor's lichseed has now turned Ushaara into mafia as well.

• Oh, that's an interesting theory. 
  • I was thinking how crazy OP a town rez would be, that would make mafia winning virtually impossible. Perhaps a faction power?
    It's possible. Town rez powers do exist tho. Kira's first chimaera game was slated to have one but it was kicked due to not enough members. I'd be ok with Cyndarin, Falmiis, or Krackenor lynched today tbh.
    Daraius said:
    Also there are balances in place for Krackenor, too. So it's not as OP as your average reviver in that it has to be assigned prior to the kill in question. Like say if Melali got seeded last night, according to Krackenor, it wouldn't have had time to take effect. The flavor text seems a bit cultish which is worrisome, so I wouldn't mind testing out what exactly Krack's power is by lynching. However, we could also learn that by lynching Ushaara, I suspect.

Might be a dead end but we will eventually have to test that theory out, I guess.
    Daraius said:
  • Falmiis said:
    Alright, I blocked Cen last night because of the inconsistency between her and Ushaara's reports about my actions. I also found the targets she claimed to have tracked too convenient since they were the people who got aeoned.

At this stage I will accept that the mafia are likely Lusternians, but there is no way that there are six (or even five, since nobody has claimed to be the Celestian) mafia out there. My guess is that the south are mafia, so Krackenor is also mafia. It could be that they started with 3 mafia but Krackenor's lichseed has now turned Ushaara into mafia as well.

how convenient that your blanket theory removes you from suspicion ya damn treehugger. And Cyn, the strength of having a res is balanced by limited use, the fact that it does not take effect immediately, and that i have to choose a recipient before they die and may choose incorrectly
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, for the sake of it, who are you?

She answered this.
    Ellowyn said:
    Good morning!

I feel that everyone has pretty much role revealed now, so I will too.  Once you understand my role, hopefully you'll also understand the reasoning behind not wanting to reveal early.

I'm Siobhan Azdak and I'm a theatre writer who has the power to switch any two characters at night.  I love being a transporter in Town of Salem (that's what I liken it to, anyway), as I potentially have the power to save myself, make mafia kill mafia, etc.

First night I switched Cen and Synkarin (just randomly, I didn't know anything about anyone at that point) and Synkarin died (sorry Synkarin).  So Cen, safe to say that you were the target that night.

Second night I switched Kira and Rolsand.  Reasoning for this was I thought Kira was getting a lot of heat, and that if it was mafia putting the heat on her they would certainly come for her - that way if Rolsand died (which to me wasn't really much of a loss, sorry Rolsand) then I would know.  I kind of regret this, though, as I now doubt mafia would lynch her because town would probably do it themselves.

Silvanus - this also means that you investigated Rolsand last night.  Which is why I didn't want Kira to die today, because I thought that if she did, the investigation would fall flat and I wanted to know Rolsand's role.

Tonight, if I lived, I was going to switch me with someone.  I still won't say, because I don't want mafia/hatchet killer to target the other person in the hopes of killing me.  There's potentially what, 4 mafia left (if it's like ToS) and one SK, so I'm hoping to switch myself with one of those people.

Daraius said: