Character Retirement

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'd like the above as well, if only because I'm doing my best to distance myself from my alts to avoid bad blood. (It's an open secret, but I'm picky about who's explicitly in on it.) And if AltA retires and altB suddenly shows up with exactly 1897.15 credits, I won't really be able to claim the new character without outing myself =/
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm curious about this as well. I'm enjoying seeing the "You need this many more credits to be eligible for retirement" line, but I have a few characters who need 2800+ credits invested just to be eligible. How does that even work?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2016
    So, yeah. Here's Shaddus' skills right now:

[spoiler]
    Common Skills         Rank           Pool
    -------------         ------------   ------------
    Combat                Expert         Melee
    Resilience            Capable        Fitness
    Discernment           Expert         Intellect
    Highmagic             Capable        Arcana
    Planar                Transcendent   Mysticism
    Discipline            Fabled         Willpower
    Environment           Adept          Communion
    Influence             Virtuoso       Magnetism
    Dramatics             Capable        Performance
    Arts                  Capable        Finearts
    Beastmastery          Expert         Magnetism
    Aethercraft           Capable        Mysticism

Trade Skills          Rank           Pool
    Artisan               Transcendent   Finearts

Divine Skills         Rank           Pool
    Veneration            Transcendent   Domotheos

Guild Skills          Rank           Pool
    Psionics              Expert         Intellect
        Psychometabolism
    Kata                  Transcendent   Melee
        Ninjakari
    Stealth               Virtuoso       Communion

The following skills are dormant and may or may not be activatable at this time:
     * Tailoring - Virtuoso[/spoiler]

and his artifact list, which is, yes, horribly small:

[spoiler]35906    a merry solstice stocking              being held by Shaddus
    133186   a ridiculous pig nose                  being held by Shaddus
    201202   a Superior Rune of Blunt Enhancement   inside of "boots23919"
    229081   a symbol etched with a flaming masque  being held by Shaddus
    239086   a strand of bloody Fainite prayer bead being held by Shaddus
    80331    a beastmaster chemistry set            being held by Shaddus[/spoiler]

and then, there's this:

This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 3332 credits.

I have to literally invest 3332 credits into Shaddus to retire him.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Gurl. GURL. How do you have so many alts and you aren't even omni trans yet.

WHY did you buy a blunt rune before transing your guild skills?!?!
  • edited January 2016
    Something is definitely odd with how it's calculated. For instance, my escrow is currently at 3357 credits, and while I've transcended nine skills (which is a bit more than Shaddus), I don't think that's enough to give me a retire value of 3760 credits (especially since virtually nothing of what I have was bought with RL cash).

EDIT: Also, one of my complete throwaway alts (who hasn't even broken level 60) would only need to add a little less than 1000 credits to be eligible for retirement. I wonder if the number of characters tied to an account could influence it?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Methinks the formula got goofed.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sure looks that way. Isn't it supposed to be 50%, with a requirement of a 1000 credit value to be able to retire? If that is the case, then the Shaddus character has a current value of -2664 credits. It owes the game!
  • Doesn't the help file say you only need 1000 credits to retire? Definitely looks like something is off. My own RETIRE VALUE says I'm fairly close, which sounds about right to me.
    Celina said:
    Gurl. GURL. How do you have so many alts and you aren't even omni trans yet.

WHY did you buy a blunt rune before transing your guild skills?!?!
    Because I'm a dumbass. Also because I was omnitrans once, and spun it away.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I wonder if spinning away is what gave you a negative character value... hmm.  More reason not to do so.
  • I think adjustments were made for the fact that character values in Lusternia are generally inflated. If you recall back a couple of days - this was most people's initial response - "I had no idea I'd spent so much on this game!"

Because most people haven't.

Lusternia gives away a ton of free stuff. Gnomes, Ironbeard, anniversary contest rewards, ascension contest rewards, wheel spins, achievements, lvl credits, and a bunch of smaller things like opening ikon packs/curio packages and sipping poteen for lessons... saying nothing of IRE-wide promotions like greathunts and comment credits, the bardic awards, and so on.

All of these things appear to contribute to retirement value, as do all credits received in-game, either purchased from other players or transferred from your org, etc.

If the intent of the system is mainly to allow people to transfer their monetary investment in IRE games, then it seems totally fair and reasonable to me that our values should be scaled back accordingly, or that we should require a larger value threshold before retirement becomes feasible.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Xenthos said:
    I wonder if spinning away is what gave you a negative character value... hmm.  More reason not to do so.

you're probably right. At the baseline, though, you figure my value should at least be 50% of my artifacts - whatever credits I gained from levels.
    edited January 2016
    Something is definitely wonky if Ssaliss has a higher retire value than I do. I have upwards of 5300 in escrow, plus a custom beast that does not show in escrow, am omni trans (minus arts because lol arts) with 2 additional dormant trans skills. Yet my retire value is only 2800. 

I've definitely spent a lot on the game over the years. All the receipts are still in my gmail. Not as much as some, but still a hefty investment over the years.

I do have a medallion that was free, and a good chunk of my arties come from things I purchased (like crates of presents) that become more credits than the dollar value I spent would get. Even then though, 2800 for me and 3300 for Ssaliss seems totally wonky. 

Which is why I'm curious how this is calculated. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, if we're correct and Shaddus has a negative value from wheeling himself, maybe there's something goofy going on with calculations factoring in forgetting skills/trading in artifacts. My characters have a noticeable gulf in value when I'm unsure of what is causing it (unless curios give some value), and the big difference would be that Vivet has only ever traded in artifacts she's gotten in gifts that are duplicates of ones she already has, and she has never forgotten a skill.

This also might explain why older characters in general seem to have a suspiciously lower value - things like putting skills in dormancy didn't exist for a good stretch.

• I just want my approvals, so far Lusty is already a day behind muds with more retired people... Annoying that we can only add retirement credits to a character once, means the alt is idling until the first mud I retired on gets in line with the other three..

Wink-face.
    Desitrus said:
    I just want my approvals, so far Lusty is already a day behind muds with more retired people... Annoying that we can only add retirement credits to a character once, means the alt is idling until the first mud I retired on gets in line with the other three..

Wink-face.

wait, we can only give retirement credits to a character once?
  • If there's a time limit, there probably shouldn't be a limit to how many times you can charge retirement credits to that character. Doesn't really prevent anything the time limit won't.

• Shaddus said:
    Desitrus said:
    I just want my approvals, so far Lusty is already a day behind muds with more retired people... Annoying that we can only add retirement credits to a character once, means the alt is idling until the first mud I retired on gets in line with the other three..

Wink-face.

wait, we can only give retirement credits to a character once?
    Yeah, you get a warning. I didn't see it in the help file or mentioned anywhere, but I went to move the other credits over while waiting on Lusternia to finish up their approvals and got this message "You are about to convert 2000 transfer credits to this character. The credits will be bound. Use RETIRE CREDITS TRANSFER 2000 
    CONFIRM to proceed.
    IMPORTANT: You can only transfer credits to this character ONCE. Please make sure that the amount you are transferring is correct 
    before you confirm!"
    I issued myself and asked. We'll see how it goes.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lerad said:
    If there's a time limit, there probably shouldn't be a limit to how many times you can charge retirement credits to that character. Doesn't really prevent anything the time limit won't.
    Yeah, seems like a weird decision.
    My Aetolia retire was done 40 min after it was sent in. Lusty -is- a bit slow.
  • While there will likely be tweaks to the formula, on the whole the calculations are working as intended. Note that the method for determining deductions is IRE-wide, and not specific for Lusternia.

In general, credits received via most methods that don't involve purchases are not counted. We're not giving out exact lists or numbers of what does and doesn't count, and I'm not going to share specifics on any particular character here, but some sorts of examples of things that don't count are org credits, mentor credits, artbards, etc. The total is based on these deductions subtracted from your character's current credit values.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Do we have a time frame for when retirement will be reviewed here? Waiting on the credits from my characters here to get started on a new adventure!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    They just upped it to 30 days, and you can transfer more than once now!

• Ieptix said:
    We're not giving out exact lists or numbers of what does and doesn't count
    I understand this is probably an IRE directive or something (and I should probably email the right persons to ask about this, and I probably will), but could you also nudge up a message from your side as well that players (or at least, myself) would like to know these very lists, please?

• Lerad said:
    Ieptix said:
    We're not giving out exact lists or numbers of what does and doesn't count
    I understand this is probably an IRE directive or something (and I should probably email the right persons to ask about this, and I probably will), but could you also nudge up a message from your side as well that players (or at least, myself) would like to know these very lists, please?
    It looks like some of the games had different announces for the relevant section which might provide more hints?

Achaea
    -These credits will be based on the current status and inventory of your character, and you will receive approximately 50% of the characters current skills, artefacts, and many licenses, permits, and other credit-based items. This value does not include credits, lessons, and artefacts received for levelling up, promotions, or other in-game happenings and events.

Aetolia
    -This program will allow you to permanently retire your character and recieve credits based on your previous credit purchases. This is in the realm of about 50% of character purchases, not including credits, lessons, and artifacts received from the game for free (such as levelling up, login promotions, and other in-game happenings), and things we don't let you trade in normally (e.g. houses).

Imperian
    -This program allows you to permanently retire your character and receive credits based on previous purchases. This is in the realm of about 50% of character purchases, not including credits, lessons, and artifacts received from the game for free (such as leveling up, login promotions, and other in-game happenings)

Midkemia
    -This program will allow you to permanently retire your character and recieve credits based on your previous credit purchases. This is in the realm of about 50% of character purchases, not including credits, lessons, artifacts received from the game for free (such as levelling up, login promotions, and other in-game happenings), estate upgrades, and customized items/pets.
    Okay cool! That's a little more insight.
  • Still waiting, is there a hold on Lustrernian retirements or something @Ieptix?
    Desitrus said:
    Still waiting, is there a hold on Lustrernian retirements or something @Ieptix?

bump
  • I don't know. I just code things.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.