Comments

• edited October 2015
    A votecount in which there are two many names with an S:

Ssaliss: Celina (1)
    Celina: Saran, Tarkenton (2)
    Sylandra: Siam (1)
    Shaddus: Ssaliss, Sylandra, Shaddus (3)

With 14 players, it's 8 to lynch.

Also, Riluna's character Elizabeth is human.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ... wow. I didn't realise it was quite that S'y.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok, time to get everyone else on board

Time to defend current votes, or vote for others! Jump in the conversation

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You should call me S'Enyalida. Give me a minute to catch up.
    I almost editted my post to change that, but then I remembered the rules :(

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Firstly, @Kiradawea - I thought Synkarin was voting for none, where did he change to Shaddus?

Probably a bit soon for this....but whatever

If the goal is to not lynch townies, then lynching Shaddus is going against this goal.

Of course if the three voting to lynch Shaddus (not counting himself obviously), are scum, then lynching shaddus is in their best interest of course. Ssaliss was rather aggressive with Shaddus a page or two back, something I do find a bit odd but perhaps not. Sylandra hasn't posted enough yet for me to comment on her really.

Synkarin however is voting none, unless I'm blind and can't see where he changed his vote. At this point, we could still be seen as basically day 1-ish as we only have one death so far.
    But this with thinking we were all chimaeras seems to stand out. We briefly touched on this day 1 when I made a comment about Ally and Siam being lab workers and maybe being scumy for that reason.

As such. I guess I will Vote: Synkarin for the above reason and he is apparently a chimaera. Something that Celina saw blocking her (or protecting Ssaliss...)
  • Fixed.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We know that lab workers are not all scum, because Riluna was a lab worker and was not scum. I'm willing to throw out there that not all chimaera are scum either, because I'm a townie chimaera. So this division seems to only exist in the flavor text, not in factions, unless I'm missing something important? Tldr - I'd say being human or chimaera doesn't auto decide your faction.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    At the moment I'm voting none, but I already explained that I would be willing to vote for Shaddus again. When I saw the vote count, I didn't think to fix it since my name was already listed there

Vote: Shaddus

and yes, I'm a townie chimaera too, I had just assumed we all were chimaera, and even when it was mentioned earlier, it didn't occur to me that meant some people here are human.

It might be nice if people went through and specified if they are human or chimaera

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm Chimaera
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm also sticking with  my vote on Ssaliss, I still don't like his responses and accusations about me thus far. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm a human.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Was pretty sure I'd unvoted, but hey, no big.

Shaddus has had very little to contribute looking over the posts that Ssaliss was kind enough to quote.

Ssaliss is going over the top aggressive, imo. Which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Vote Ssaliss

Chimera, by the by.
  • I too was under the impression that everyone was a chimera, so it wasn't factoring into any considerations.

Anyways, it seems the two current branches for lynching are Shaddus and Ssaliss.

Re: Shaddus, I feel this is a case were people can generally draw on other meta knowledge. I don't feel Shaddus's posts have been particularly clear or helpful overall, but not knowing them well I could easily believe this just fits their usual personality without being suspicious at all. I know from my own experience that sometimes as a townie, even with a power, you just don't have any relevant information to contribute to the moment, and once Shaddus did start posting rationales, I found them believable enough.

But that's based on benefit of doubt. Since some of these things can be read as either suspicious or not, I'm willing to trust consensus if more people find them to be on the suspicious side.

Ssaliss's aggression isn't rubbing too well with me either, but mostly my vote is hinging on what other people think of Shaddus.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.

• Synkarin said:

It might be nice if people went through and specified if they are human or chimaera
    You assume these are the only choices. Unless you are defining chimaera has something different. I am seeing it as the lion-esque beast made of more than one animal...

In anycase. I'm neither. I'm a kitsune.

If there are really more than 3-4 chimaeras in our group, then perhaps that is not a linking aspect. In such a case, I would be wary of Ssaliss' aggression.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm a kitsune too. You can call me...Foxy Nick.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    4 chimaera, 2 kitsune and ..2 humans? I'm assuming Ssaliss is human?

I'm going to guess it's a pretty even spread. I agree Ssaliss is being pretty aggressive, but so was Riluna and she was bonified town.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • (hahahahaha, bonified. I can't tell if you're joking, but I think you mean bona fide).

whatever, brain fart, 

bona fide

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I too, am human.

Right now, I am somewhat suspicious of Celina, having followed the back and forth between her and Ssaliss. While she does have some good defensive points, she also says some things that ring false, mostly assertions about how certain things will prove her innocence when I don't think that's actually true: it just proves that some of her other assertions weren't lies. I'm not convinced she's scum though.

Which brings me to Ssaliss, who HAS been being very aggressive. 

Shaddus has been discounting the only daytime tool we have for discovering scum: tracking the formation of bandwagons and how people decide to join, switch, and leave bandwagons. While I brought up the (correct) point that just being on a bandwagon doesn't mean you're scum, the way you participate in them can reveal scumminess after the fact, as scum are (probably) the only ones acting on any real information. In other words, outside of powers revealing identities, at first everyone else should be voting more or less at random - they're shooting in the dark or following baseless hunches. The only people who can act to a pattern are scum, because they have information. 

I don't have any reason to believe Luce isn't scum, even if Celina turns out to be a townie. Again, the only folks acting on full information at this point are investigator-type roles and scum. If Celina isn't inventing this 'visions' power, it seems like that person has been passing her (and her only) information each night. That probably rules out Luce also having an investigative power on top of his Phoenix Wright ability. In other words, him happening to protect someone who turns out to be town is either sheer luck and he's a townie (as he would not be aware) or scum acting on his knowledge that she is or isn't scum. If she turns out to be townie, it could well be a scum ploy to appear innocent.

If she turns out to be scum, on the other hand, it doesn't necessarily implicate Luce as scum either, of course. Again, he could either then have been scum tipping his hand or a townie making a bad guess. In the case that Celina IS scum though, it seems actually really unlikely that another scum would so obviously defend her. 

In thinking through this, I think that the best move right now is to 
    Vote: Celina
    as it gives us the largest chunk of information. She's interacted with the largest number of other people, and forced a bunch of other people to make counter claims. On top of the weird false conclusions I see, resolving those claims gives us a very high chance of ferreting out at least one scum - potentially more if she herself IS scum. 
    Is it clear by now that I (IRL) live in the south? It's like the anti-New York. I run on anti-New-York-Minutes.
    Enyalida said:

Which brings me to Ssaliss, who HAS been being very aggressive. 

Shaddus has been discounting the only daytime tool we have for discovering scum: tracking the formation of bandwagons and how people decide to join, switch, and leave bandwagons. While I brought up the (correct) point that just being on a bandwagon doesn't mean you're scum, the way you participate in them can reveal scumminess after the fact, as scum are (probably) the only ones acting on any real information. In other words, outside of powers revealing identities, at first everyone else should be voting more or less at random - they're shooting in the dark or following baseless hunches. The only people who can act to a pattern are scum, because they have information. 

Me on the brain?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Eh?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Enyalida, I think he's referring to how you mentioned how Ssaliss was aggressive, then instead of elaborating on that point, jumped straight to talking about Shaddus.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Yeah, wasn't sure if you meant to type Ssaliss on that bottom paragraph and typed Shaddus instead, especially since the bottom paragraph doesn't really apply to me. The only way I've discounted it was when Ssaliss was hounding me and swearing up and down that all I was doing was jumping on bandwagons.

Oh. I just didn't have anything else to really say about Ssaliss. 
    I guess I don't understand how lynching Celina gives us the most amount of information.  It either verifies everything, leaving us right where we are or it falsifies everything, not really leading us in any direction.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Which seems a damn sight better than lynching Shaddus and verifying nothing, falsifying nothing.

• Synkarin said:
    4 chimaera, 2 kitsune and ..2 humans? I'm assuming Ssaliss is human?

I'm going to guess it's a pretty even spread. I agree Ssaliss is being pretty aggressive, but so was Riluna and she was bonified town.
    I'm actually a chimaera too. Huh, I thought there'd be more humans around...

re: me being aggressive: I have to admit, I did get rather annoyed at Shaddus for his continual dodging of giving information. He also seems to like trying to twist it (his continued insistence of claiming I voted for him because he voted for me, when I've explained my vote several times). Honestly, though, I don't think aggression should really be seen as anything bad; if no arguments happened, we'd become stagnant and not do anything.
  • @Synkarin
    If everything Celina has said is falsified then we start looking at how she was interacting with people and how people interacted with her. If she flips and she's not a tracker for example, we'd immediately start looking at you because it was part of her claim.

If she is scum and we act on what's she's said then the scum are manipulating us.

---------

Hrm, people have started declaring Chimaera or human... or Kitsune it seems.

A concern that has occurred me is that it's Chimaera mafia... what if the mafia is converting Chimaera and killing others providing yet another explanation for the past two nights? (For reasons of theme, creating some mafia cult)

If so then the mafia potentially now have some targets they can kill and others they can convert.