Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• [I want to play the next big round. Even though I don't know how to play.]
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    [For real. Making a mafia game looks fun, too. :O]
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Xeria is having difficulty accessing a computer these days and has requested someone else take over. If either of you want, @Sylandra or @Salome you're welcome to take over her role.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Vote: Shaddus

During day one, he didn't make many posts at all, and voted for not lynching anyone without any real argument as to why.

During day two, again, he didn't make many posts at all, and voted for lynching Celina as the seventh person. Again, without any comments as to why.

This time, he votes to lynch me, again, without any reasons. It looks like he's just eager to hop on bandwagons, and doesn't even provide any reasons as for why he does it.

It's extremely hard to make any real judgement as to his thoughts, since he hasn't said anything at all about why he does what he does, or even what he thinks about anything.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused as to why you feel voting for Celina seventh requires that I have to make a comment as to why.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • And, yet again, a nonsense post.
    Wow, someone's aggressive :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You're really determined to keep making posts with absolutely no content, aren't you? So far, we've gotten absolutely nothing from you. You've made no posts arguing for something, or arguing against something, or even trying to get any information from anyone. Exactly what someone who didn't want to be noticed would do...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Unvote
    The first day had some posts by me, but they were overshadowed by the Riluna/Celina/Synkarin triangle-jerk. I felt Riluna was suspicious because she was overly chatty and aggressive, like you are now. Sadly, she was apparently just having a bad day.

I've voted for you and will continue to vote for you until i see a reason otherwise. Your overreaction to my voting for you intrigues me.
  • Except I didn't vote for you because you voted for me. I already explained my reasoning for my vote (which is the fact that you seem extremely reluctant to give any kind of information). You, however, have yet to explain a single vote you did.
    Aaaaanyway. Anyone else have thoughts?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm wondering why you being confused about the number of voting counts as a nonsense post.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    That's what I'm saying. He's reaching really hard.
    Shaddus said:
    That's what I'm saying. He's reaching really hard.

• Because it provides absolutely no information, just like all his other posts. Did he vote for her because everyone else did? Did he vote for her because he felt she was suspicious? If so, why did he feel she was suspicious?

For that matter, why did he vote for not lynching anyone during day one? Was it because it seemed to be the popular opinion? Was it for some other reason?

Also, he still haven't explained his vote on me. Was it because Celina was unable to stalk me? If so, why would that raise suspicion? Was it because a chimera stopped it? If so, why is that suspicious? Was it for some other reason? If so, what?
    My vote for Ssaliss was simply because he seems extremely aggressive to me. That's also why I was suspicious of Riluna. Deciding to vote for me after I voted for you and claiming it is because of my actions but not because I voted for you is extremely suspect. There are people in this game who have posted less than I, and who have given less explanation than I have, and yet you're riding me.

My lack of meaningful posts is for two reasons. One, 90% of the time I'm logged into the forums, I'm at work. I can't spend half an hour writing venn diagrams and pie charts about who voted for whom in what order and who has examined whom. I have to skim the thread and post whatever strikes me as odd, and your behavior both before voting for me and after strikes me as both nervous and aggressive.

Feel better now that I've explained myself?
    I don't think a vote requesting information needs to provide information. But now he's explained himself fully, so there we have it.

Oh, right. Second reason for a lack of meaningful posts is that this mafia game makes absolutely no sense to me. I had to Google a chimaera to get context for this game, and our characters have no real history or researchable RP behind them.
  • Tremula said:
    I don't think a vote requesting information needs to provide information. But now he's explained himself fully, so there we have it.
    Except he never requested information. He just voted, without any comment whatsoever. Unless I misunderstood you.

And really, information is the main weapon we have. We'll never be able to defeat the scum without providing it; if we all go and sit in our own corners and just keep quiet, then we're all dead.
  • Also, aggression has very little to do with anything. I'm more suspicious of people who aren't aggressive at all and that just try to follow the general flow.
    Shaddus said:
    I'm confused as to why you feel voting for Celina seventh requires that I have to make a comment as to why.
    @Ssaliss this is the one I was talking about, because I'm confused as to why the number of voting matters as well. I just saw I put vote instead of post, but RIP no editing.

• The number of vote is really only indicative of his penchant of hopping on bandwagons. He saw everyone else vote for Celina, so he voted for Celina. He saw other people vote for no lynch during day one, so he voted for no lynch. He saw Celina voting for me, Siam being suspicious of me, and other people seeming to head in that direction as well, so he voted for me. In neither of these cases did he actually provide any reasoning himself; frankly, his post above seems to even contradict it, since he said he was suspicious of Riluna because she was aggressive, but he never voted for her; instead, he voted for Celina.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Being on bandwagons doesn't make you scum, it's literally the only way to lynch someone. What would you have everyone do, not vote if it looks like there is momentum to lynch anyone? 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Vote: Shaddus

I agree that it's odd, but I'm not convinced that Ssaliss or Celina are guilty, so it seems a good way to force more action

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Enyalida said:
    Being on bandwagons doesn't make you scum, it's literally the only way to lynch someone. What would you have everyone do, not vote if it looks like there is momentum to lynch anyone? 
    Of course not. However, just hopping on the bandwagon three times without posting anything other than the vote seems odd to me.
    I can't seem to mass quote myself on my phone with cut and paste, but I had several posts on just the first few pages. While I haven't had any information, I've been participating. Your railroading of me and lying about my amount of posts us easily checkable.

I'll also remind you that -your- very first vote was a random vote on Enyalida with no immediate explanation, and later on, your explanation was that you wanted to gauge everyone's reaction to your vote. You're more suspicious just in that than my "jumping on bandwagons", which is literally what we've all had to do this entire time aside from some conjecture about powers and lynching people to prove their innocence.
    *without cut and paste
    Also, how is not wanting to lynch without information "Jumping on a bandwagon"?

• Sylandra has replaced Xeria.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.