Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• If it's designed syntactically perfectly and is allowed to exist in the game world, it usually takes 24 hours or less for a design. If it's rejected once, and then resubmitted, it usually takes a crazy lot longer, say a week. At least, in my experience thus far.

• edited December 2014
    Maligorn's experience is generally correct, though there are and have always been exceptions. Admittedly, a lot of the exceptions tend to occur in the mid-late summer during the yearly population dip. But if a design gets rejected, the amount of reviewers who can touch it drops by the reviewers who rejected it, which can lead a design to being stuck in "design purgatory." It happens to everybody at least once, and my personal rule is if it goes a month without being touched by reviewers at all (or if it comes back to me twice with conflicting reviewer comments, which has happened), switch to no mortal review and resubmit.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You can also recall and trash the design and resubmit it with the suggested changes. But that's a kind of shiesty way to get around the restrictions on who's allowed to review it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Does anyone happen to know a resource for Draknari that I could use to find out more about the race OOC to play one better? Perhaps even a clan? :P

Also I have no idea what this thread is about. I hope I'm using it right.
  • edited December 2014
    Arcanis said:
    Does anyone know how  much of a potential impact Prestige has on charity influence? Large, small?
    It's a huge benefit to your influencing power, not speed, and I think it's bigger than any other single buff except maybe charismaticaura. If I've got enough tawdry stuff to get myself down to "like a homeless wretch", wheedling Maeve takes at least 2-4 less hits than if all I have is my scarecrow hat.

It's hard to measure because of the random nature of influencing, but you can definitely feel the difference.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    People who break mystic pathways make me sad.

• Daganev said:
    That looks like a diplomacy board :o!

They used to do forums Mafia...

• then Vengeance happened
  • Raeri said:
    Daganev said:
    That looks like a diplomacy board :o!
    It is a diplomacy board.   You can read about the making of the map here:  http://www.lusternia.com/node/21306  which I found while looking for something else, and was reminded of some good times.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I had a few good times playing Diplomacy. Nobody around me anymore is even interested, though.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Everiine said:
    I had a few good times playing Diplomacy. Nobody around me anymore is even interested, though.
    There seems to be an online version of it. Never played it myself, but might be willing to learn if enough people are interested.
  • Casilu tried to get a game of Diplomacy going, back when we were doing a lot of forum mafia. I don't remember if it ever actually happened, though.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Got the most...disturbing of mistells, which is a bit too adult for the forums. I'll just say this...Lusternians have the most unusual of fetishes...
  • Whoever did the ambient messages in the swamp in Serenwilde did a really good job. I glance at Lusternia every 30 seconds or so, and the swamp messages make me smile.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Riluna said:
    Casilu tried to get a game of Diplomacy going, back when we were doing a lot of forum mafia. I don't remember if it ever actually happened, though.
    According to my internet searches, one game was succesful but "a blitz" the game ended really quickly, (I remember enjoying that game) the second game I don't think ever made it off the ground.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    We need mafia back on the forums.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited December 2014
    Miakoda, why you are do this to me? :(

• Shaddus said:
    Oh Admin, my Admin. Why do we have the present counter still? Presents aren't as common, and neither are Czigany coins. We don't even need the counter anymore, and it really just floods the game with commodities, gold, and dolls, and keeps us from seeing newbies get blessed with prisms and Runes of Dominion.
    I think it is a much better than RNG, which may lead to someone -never- getting -any- goodies. However, the increments of the counter could do with being adjusted for the rarity of presents and coins.

That said, I fully support the rest of your Christmas wish list :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited December 2014
    I had a dream that someone made Epic Rap Battles of History for Lusternia. It was....something
    The playa you love to hate
  • I distilled so much booze last night. Gaudiguch is going to party hard.
    edited December 2014
    I think I'm going to go full Terry Gilliam on @Nihmriel's play.  :-? I don't know exactly what that's supposed to mean, but it feels right.
    I used to make cakes.

• Why did I start on these festival things so late? Why didn't I start planning this stuff months ago?
    What's the occasion?
    I used to make cakes.

• edited December 2014
    @Daraius: Year 400, and because Mesadari is starting to complain more and more often that Gaudiguch is too boring.

EDIT: And seriously, when you've got somebody whose entire existence is standing in one spot spouting inane one-liners complaining that you're boring, you listen.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Drakius said:
    I had a dream that someone made Epic Rap Battles of History for Lusternia. It was....something
    I have a few lyrics along those lines. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tell Mesadari that monks would liven the place up
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.