What are you playing?

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Darkest Dungeon. Love it. The writing for the little character interactions are great, and the narrator sells it for me.

Pillars of Eternity continues to be awesome.

Wasteland 2 Directors Cut came out today. Really hoping the game now rewards more than a four assault rifle party.

And finally, Divinity Original Sin is getting their massive redoing some time this month as well.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Darkest Dungeon. Love it. The writing for the little character interactions are great, and the narrator sells it for me. Pillars of Eternity continues to be awesome. Wasteland 2 Directors Cut came out today. Really hoping the game now rewards more than a four assault rifle party. And finally, Divinity Original Sin is getting their massive redoing some time this month as well.
    I have Divinity, though I've never seriously played it. Does it live up to the hype?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    It's far better played with another person. I find it fun, and the patch they're putting out is intended to fix a lot of people's issues with the lack of guidance you can experience. Which I think is a shame.
  • I've relapsed into X-COM: Enemy Unknown, on Ironman mode. (Where the game auto-saves frequently, and you can't manually save, thereby making every decision irreversible.)

Sadly, 90% of the soldiers I named after Gaudiguchians recently died in an offensive action that was planned horribly, and executed even worse.

And let's not even mention what happened to some of the Hallifaxians. :(
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • I've been killing time while adjusting to my new brain chemistry with Wurm Online. It's pretty fun, which might be a sign my drugs aren't working since I have spent the last three hours sawing planks.

I'm on Xanadu, southeast of Esteron, if anyone here plays/wants to play! I've already kidnapped one or two people, and have a nice village-in-progress :D
  • Iari said:
    I've relapsed into X-COM: Enemy Unknown, on Ironman mode. (Where the game auto-saves frequently, and you can't manually save, thereby making every decision irreversible.)

Sadly, 90% of the soldiers I named after Gaudiguchians recently died in an offensive action that was planned horribly, and executed even worse.

X-COM was well done. The only thing I don't like is the pacing of the game. No matter the difficulty, it will start off easy and then get impossible to keep your people alive in the middle of the game. Late game, it becomes easy again. It's just.... curious. Great game though.
    Play long war :D
  • A Wise Use of Time, another fine Choice of Games production that @Isune led me onto so many months back.

You have the ability to stop time, like Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. What do you do with it?

It's superbly written, and endlessly fun to play several times. Cheap, too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I am really enjoying Undertale. It's one of those games that seems to fall into my niche perfectly.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on the Android. I hate having to play Japanese games just to get in on new things, but meh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:
    Man, I'm trying to be super disciplined with my money but you all are really tempting me to pick up Undertale.
    AWARE OF DOG
    pleas pet dog
  • Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is an evil mix of luck-based annoying unbalanced combat where you can go from 100 to 0 due to lag, double-pressing, or the game accidentally going "lol no. You die now" with enemies.

So why do I keep feeding more Spriggan Stabbers to the beast?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Hyrtakos said:
    Iari said:
    I've relapsed into X-COM: Enemy Unknown, on Ironman mode. (Where the game auto-saves frequently, and you can't manually save, thereby making every decision irreversible.)

X-COM was well done. The only thing I don't like is the pacing of the game. No matter the difficulty, it will start off easy and then get impossible to keep your people alive in the middle of the game. Late game, it becomes easy again. It's just.... curious. Great game though.

The difficulty scales based on story progression, which means you can delay to get more research done first on weapons and armour, while levelling your squad.

This makes panic levels very hard to maintain and you will lose a couple of countries though.

Upgraded to a new 3ds xl and nabbed Xenoblade Chronicles. Still getting use to tge comvat system, feels less RPG and more Kid Icarus.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited October 2015
    Baelor said:
    Hyrtakos said:
    Iari said:

The difficulty scales based on story progression, which means you can delay to get more research done first on weapons and armour, while levelling your squad.

This makes panic levels very hard to maintain and you will lose a couple of countries though.

Upgraded to a new 3ds xl and nabbed Xenoblade Chronicles. Still getting use to tge comvat system, feels less RPG and more Kid Icarus.
    Xenoblade Chronicles!  Does that port run ok? I've only played it on the Wii.  :x
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I  bought ff7 on steam. THE NOSTALGIA.
  • edited October 2015
    Well. I did it. I finished Dungeon Crawl. That makes it the second Roguelike that I have completed.

Maybe I'll try ADOM next.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I just beat Undertale and then went back to get the perfect ending. Amazing game that felt far too short (even though it was a respectable 10ish hours of gameplay).  It really kept surprising me all the way to the end.  Would recommend to anybody on the fence.  I also recommend not spoiling yourself on the plot or events in the game.

I'm tempted to play it again and get the bad ending just to see how it's different now.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Kalnid said:
    Daraius said:
    Man, I'm trying to be super disciplined with my money but you all are really tempting me to pick up Undertale.
    AWARE OF DOG
    pleas pet dog
    I have a new forum avatar!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    I think this is a safe place to admit I would much rather have date-battled Doggo than Papyrus.

(Yes I caved and bought it. So much for discipline)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    I think this is a safe place to admit I would much rather have date-battled Doggo than Papyrus.

(Yes I caved and bought it. So much for discipline)
    It took me all of like ten minutes to go ahead and get the sound track too. FLAC at that. Have fun!
  • Phoebus said:
    Baelor said:
    Hyrtakos said:
    Iari said:

Xenoblade Chronicles!  Does that port run ok? I've only played it on the Wii.  :x

Never played the original to compare, but it is a fun game certainly. Though I am yet to find these beets shaped like hammers than Reyn is forever yelling about.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited October 2015
    Baelor said:
    Never played the original to compare, but it is a fun game certainly. Though I am yet to find these beets shaped like hammers than Reyn is forever yelling about.

Heh heh. There's never a quiet moment in combat, is there. HAMMER BEAT! BONE UPPER! BACKSLASH! THIS IS THE MONADO'S POWER! Monado Monado Monado.  8-|
  • edited November 2015
    Undertale is... even better than I expected. Usually I don't go for games that have been hyped up, but I got it as a gift, tried it, and loved every moment of it. It's a wonderful game.

Also. The spiders clap along with the background music.
  • After a dismal 4 weekends of playing a Deathwatch campaign that saw us never even shooting our damn bolters, I've realized I can make a Space Hulk: Deathwing campaign using the bulk of the Deathwatch core rulebook since the First Founding addition rulebook comes with Deathwing Terminators. 

Sooooon my precious, sooooooon
    Bad GM?
  • More like we decided to play with a bunch of people who were new to WH40k. So we had all of like 2 people who actually were trying to learn, and the other goons were failing so bad at their Chapter rp that the entire time I wanted to just pull the GM aside, and tell her I was going Traitor just so I could shoot all the idiots. But alas, it fizzled out after I called some of them out on their bs.
    Ahhhh, yeah, been there. I've played a lot of the computer games, read books, etc, haven't had the chance for tabletop. Hoping to change that, but most of my group are 40k virgins.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I played a really fun Rogue Trader game some years back. It eventually fizzled due to flaky players, but being a tech priest was boss.