Aethergoop!

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Just got killed by the slivven, they are obviously not safe.

Please make them non-aggressive, you'll still get people hunting them. Why make something which stops people having fun in your game.
    Retired.
  • I cleared out the gathering that killed you- ended up with 30 of the bloody things.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I couldn't help but notice that the reskinned tinderboxes have a dingbat price. Is there a reason behind this?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The reskinned tinderboxes have a credit price, not dingbat price. The ones with a dingbat price are the message pixies that Siam is so excited about.

Oh, right. Never mind :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Would it be possible to have the looks of the aethergoop vials transferable on existing vials? Cost for those should probably be lower than the regular 10 goop too, as a vial is just 8. One or two seems a fair price. I want to buy one extra vial with my quest goop, but I do not want to have one different looking vial in my collection. And I love the goop vial looks.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rialorm said:
    Would it be possible to have the looks of the aethergoop vials transferable on existing vials? Cost for those should probably be lower than the regular 10 goop too, as a vial is just 8. One or two seems a fair price. I want to buy one extra vial with my quest goop, but I do not want to have one different looking vial in my collection. And I love the goop vial looks.
    It's worth emailing Artifacts@Lusternia.com to ask.

I paid 100cr to get my tinderbox set to non-decay & resetting, and now there are things that are just 2 aethergoop (which are frankly far, far cheaper).  I am a little bummed by that, but @Estarra is letting me pay 2 aethergoop to convert it over and keep its ID#, so at least that will be cool.  In the meantime at least, I had a tinderbox that I did not have to remake!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I want an alternate timeline Xenthos beepbeep doll.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Just to clarify, because I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but can I hold onto my 15 aethergoop and when I buy a nose in a month or two, reskin it into a snobby snoot?

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ieptix confirmed the items will continue to be sold.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I would recommend that someone with the proper privileges look over bug 10463. I won't explain here so there's no abuse involved. It might definitely be worth fixing soonish, though.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    I would recommend that someone with the proper privileges look over bug 10463. I won't explain here so there's no abuse involved. It might definitely be worth fixing soonish, though.
    Ieptix has said that for really important bugs, you can message him

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Just got a really pleasant surprise after completing the aethergoop quest, as I thought I would be receiving 10 for it (must have got confused with the amount of slivvens), but magically I received 15, so now I can get my nose and a fire crystal!!

Thanks Lusternia :D
    • a wolf's snout                        
    • a jar of ravenous shadowfire   
    • a shadow-bound pixie          

The wolf's snout was a natural choice. I embarrassingly use my pig's snout all the time, and the wolf is a much better choice for a lobo :D I no longer look ridiculous...

The addition of 2 and 3 gloop items meant that I could really take full advantage of the promo. I especially love the jar, as now I can light my smoke wreathed pipe all the time!

I have no current plans to purchase credits to qualify for additional aethergoop. However, I still have my eyes on a re-skin on my faerie wings purely for cosmetic reasons: they are badass!

• a pair of ebon bat wings

Is it possible to pay a credit cost for description customization to change my faerie wings into bat wings, or are these descs protected under some "limited item/event" clause? 

Also, will there the possibility for another gloop quest a year from now, or later open gloop to market transfer like dingbats? I'm trying to figure out the best course of action... Suggestions?
    I think the concept of it is amazing, and I hope it sticks around. I'm sort of hoping there's a semi-permanent quest put in place to earn some goop for future customisations. As it stands, I don't think my finances are going to allow any credit purchases this month, which is why I was hoping someone might take me up on my thread about purchasing their goop.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Because I love last minute additions, dirigable equivalent items that are customized as the mail delivery thing of each org.
    Is Aethergoop bound to the character it's bought on, or is it shared between all your characters?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Bound, it looks to me. I haven't seen any way to transfer it.
    Alright. I just wasn't sure if it was a shared pool, or bound to that person.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Siam said:
    I want an alternate timeline @Xenthos beepbeep doll.
    This, please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My only real complaint for this promotion is that you got a tiny amount of aethergoop for purchasing credits.
    Maybe we can put goop in presents/curio packages?

50% chance of pulling goop from a present/package. 80% chance of being 1, 10%chance of 2-5, 7% chance of 6-20, 3% chance of 30 or more.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Looking at the goop:credit ratio, what do you expect?  You basically get 7% worth of credits in goop per 500 credits purchased.  Coupled with an elite membership, you're ending up with an extra 17% worth of "credits" in some shape or another.  Not quite as awesome as a credit sale, but for a promotion, this has been one of my favorites in a long, long time.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Eh, I liked the goop concept and items and wanted to a way to get goop directly (would have ponied up cash for this probably) but without buying more credits.

Did the slivven quest but otherwise sat out of the promotion because of that.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    You are holding:
    "jar119860"                             a jar of moonflame fireflies

You have nothing in your inventory capable of starting a fire.

am I missing something here?
  • Shaddus said:
    You are holding:
    "jar119860"                             a jar of moonflame fireflies

You have nothing in your inventory capable of starting a fire.

am I missing something here?
    The fireflies are on strike for higher wages - you should speak to their union representative and try to hammer out an equitable collective bargaining agreement.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    For everyone who wanted to be able to buy aethergoop directly:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2345
    Date: 7/1/2014 at 0:20
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Jars of Aethergoop!

Throughout the month of July, you will be able to purchase aethergoop
    directly in jars! The jars also incongruously contain Czigany coins!
    (We're not sure how that happened.) These are available on the website
    under "artifact packages": http://www.lusternia.com/Credits

Further, the slimed slivven have moved from Avechna's Peak to the
    Northern Mountains! Again, if you turn 10 slivven into Professor Gargle
    von Fixit, you will complete a daily quest! Complete the quest for 21
    days in July, and you will receive 15 refined aethergoop!

See HELP AETHERGOOP if you need a reminder on what this stuff is! We'll
    be adding even more items throughout the month, so keep an eye out!

Penned by My hand on the 10th of Kiani, in the year 387 CE.

------

For everyone else, more aethergoop from killing slivvens! Woo!
  • Give us ideas of what you'd like to see gooped for this month!