Aethergoop!

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Vivet said:
    Is "fesix" still an active noun for all of the goop versions of the pack? I always hated that about the pack - minor nuisance though it may be, it'd be enough to convince me of using goop for other things.
    Does it contain the word fesix in the appearance or is it targettable by "fesix" is the question? For the former, few of the designs feature fesix overtly, some others only for the lining: a refined monochrome satchel, a professional black briefcase, an elegant crimson briefcase. The same is true for the parafilament purse reskins, there's a few that don't feature the word in appearance. For the latter, only the fesix bandolier seems to be targettable by "fesix".
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Drocilla said:
    Vivet said:
    Is "fesix" still an active noun for all of the goop versions of the pack? I always hated that about the pack - minor nuisance though it may be, it'd be enough to convince me of using goop for other things.
    For the latter, only the fesix bandolier seems to be targettable by "fesix".
    Oh, really? I thought it was the pack too, but I suppose I misremembered this time. Thanks!
  • edited June 2014
    I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need to get a censer but I have a birthday coming up... :-/

Re-skinned censers would be cool but making them something that would have to be lit is a challenge.

I think some sort of jackhammer could need a spark to get started that pounds the ground into the appropriate terrain. You could also do some kind of lantern or strobe light.

The censer theme has never been my favorite and I can't even imagine what taint scented incense smells like. :-& 

• Llandros said:

The censer theme has never been my favorite and I can't even imagine what taint scented incense smells like.

patchouli oil

To contribute, additional things that could function as a tinder box.

-a pocket volcano (think science fair project but with actual lava)
    -a magnesium flare
    -a pocket swamp dragon. Press belly for flame (good enough for Vimes, good enough for me)
    -Squibs, crackers, backarappers, sparklers (Gandalf's fireworks)
    -a miniature everburning witch on the stake, complete with tiny waving arms and BBQ smell! (For Celest)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You scare me
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    So has anyone bought any of the goop noses yet? And if so, can you paste the custom scent messages?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Why not include them in the aethergoop info?
    Rivius said:
    Why not include them in the aethergoop info?
    That would certainly be the ideal way to go about it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And know what you're paying for? Doesn't seem the Lusternia way.
    Well, here's one... hopefully more will follow:

1st person: A pert little nose takes in a delicate whiff of your surroundings, sensing the faint traces of others in the nearby area.

3rd person: A pert little nose takes in a delicate whiff of Vivet's surroundings.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Heh, pert.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Llandros said:
    I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need to get a censer but I have a birthday coming up... :-/

Re-skinned censers would be cool but making them something that would have to be lit is a challenge.

I think some sort of jackhammer could need a spark to get started that pounds the ground into the appropriate terrain. You could also do some kind of lantern or strobe light.

The censer theme has never been my favorite and I can't even imagine what taint scented incense smells like. :-& 

You can pick up the lamplighter thing that Mag has @Llandros. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    After this promotion could there maybe be a permanent way to get goop? Like one a day for collecting ten slivvens for Gargle? The slimed slivvens would have to go to a different area, of course, but it'd be another "fun daily grind" with some real payoff...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • They are currently like ~$8 each. I think one a day for some hunting is pretty optimistic. I mean maybe if the slivvens became super mobs or something.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Haha nvm
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    How about those skinned tinderboxes? I haven't seen any yet!
    Wtb sorcelglass scrolls for tinderboxes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #2343
    Date: 6/22/2014 at 2:05
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Aethergoop!

We've added some new aethergoop items, including vials, beepbeep dolls, cloaking necklaces, paradox books and more!

Penned by My hand on the 21st of Avechary, in the year 386 CE.

...Not even an hour after I had spent the goop I worked all month to gain. And three of the items on the new list I would have preferred by far over what I did buy. I feel unloved entirely.
    :((

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • Diniah said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2343

We've added some new aethergoop items, including vials, beepbeep dolls, cloaking necklaces, paradox books and more!

...Not even an hour after I had spent the goop I worked all month to gain. And three of the items on the new list I would have preferred by far over what I did buy. I feel unloved entirely.
    At least you worked for the goop. I gave up on the quest because I didn't like anything on the list.

While on the note of reskins, while I know it is a long shot:

@Estarra , what are the chances of the customization system being expanded to allow for reskins, for credits. i.e. changing the overall noun, ( Or I assume is a noun changed. for example, the heating crystal reskin,: changing tinderbox to crystal) and even changing the 3rd person lines (like the new noses)?
    These tinderboxes are incredibly pretty. :)
  • edited June 2014
    Diniah said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2343

Send them a message or file an ISSUE explaining your situation. Since it was literally an hour after your purchase that they announced new things, assuming they can verify the timestamp of the purchase, I'd hope they might be willing to refund the goop that you spent since there was no warning and little reason to expect more items to be released this late into the promotion.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    These aethergoop items are gorgeous :)
  • Will aethergoop still be spendable after the promo ends?
  • Yes.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    Yes.
    Thanks!

Also, wanted to add that I like the new things that were added. :D
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If you ever bring back aethergoop (Please do! This is my favorite promotion ever.) you should consider doing a reskin of the healing scroll enchant that doesn't crumble at zero charges and isn't anything readable. Portius is tired of accidentally healing himself when he wants to read a book and having to sort through item numbers to write to a scroll. Badges, maybe?

Actually, just make anything you want into badges. Badges are cool.

As an aside to whoever wrote it, the heating crystal was a brilliant idea. All the tinderboxes are especially cool, enough so that I'm picking up more than one.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    What do the new books look like when used? Also, is it possible that more items are coming before the month's end?