Aethergoop!

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    No one can ever get into my office except through luck. /winner
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Neos said:
    No one can ever get into my office except through luck. /winner
    Been there, done that

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Was going to make a comment about racehat coding, and that doing one, copy pasting the others, and changing a few key things (color, what race it changes you to) shouldn't be that hard.  But then I remember that the code base doesn't seem to lend itself to logic when it comes to things that should be easy.

I'd second a customization "certificate".  Or a trade omni-artifact would be neat.  It's a spatula, it's a spoon, it's a hammer with a needle!  To completely rip off WoW, a gnomish pocket knife or something, heh.  Pre-set pets would be an interesting thing as well.  Can't get them customized, so I suppose mostly like a normal beast with a collar on it, but could have a few tiers of org appropriate critter (base 500cr critter, then a 750cr and a 1000cr one).  Since there's the lack of customization, maybe drop the credit -> goop cost accordingly, but I think it could be a neat thing.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Extended Description: This wolf's snout is turfted in white and grey fur, each bristle soft to the touch. Covering the cheeks as well as the nose, the snout fits comfortably upon its wearer's face, its fur becoming paler and whiter the further it ventures from the silver-grey muzzle. Whiskers twitch upon its sides, alert and emotive. Though the altogether design of this snout is feral in appearance, its shiny black nose sniffs about with an apparent sense of curiosity.

So much love. Cannot wait :x
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I just wanted to say the seeing rings are very, very cool! I can't wait to get my hands on one. :) Thank you!
  • I think I'll be using my quest goop + a little tiny bit extra to pick up a fesix briefcase so I can stop remaking my poor documents satchel every time it decays.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Fesix pack (or equivalent) is usually my first purchase after vials. I can't stand not having a pack!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2014
    Can we get beepbeep doll reskins, please? :) I would like a wyrden pixie! Arr!

Mask of Esteemed Beauty skins would be lovely, too.

edit:

Alternative perfume ambients!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• FYI, in case no one has noticed, the aethergoop noses have slightly different SCENT messages than the pig's nose.
  • Well, I don't think it's worth it to reskin dolls. We could just add unique aethergoop dolls, though... hmmm...
  • Goop dolls of slivvens and gnomes and things!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2014
    Estarra said:
    Well, I don't think it's worth it to reskin dolls. We could just add unique aethergoop dolls, though... hmmm...
    Slivven dolls? Maybe a slivven queen?

Also, how about a reskinned solstice stocking-type item?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    FYI, in case no one has noticed, the aethergoop noses have slightly different SCENT messages than the pig's nose.
    Now I have to have a bunny nose... blast it!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited June 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Estarra said:
    Well, I don't think it's worth it to reskin dolls. We could just add unique aethergoop dolls, though... hmmm...

FYI there is a slivven queen that exists in-game already (on Divinity, Mucklemarsh)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    FYI, in case no one has noticed, the aethergoop noses have slightly different SCENT messages than the pig's nose.
    To add to my previous post... can we get a list of said messages? I mean, chances are people will be buying the reskins exactly for the message change... so might be good to have that visible somewhere.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Is "fesix" still an active noun for all of the goop versions of the pack? I always hated that about the pack - minor nuisance though it may be, it'd be enough to convince me of using goop for other things.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It is, fesix briefcase etc.

Ixion said:

Shaddus said:

Estarra said:

FYI there is a slivven queen that exists in-game already (on Divinity, Mucklemarsh)

I know, that's why I want a doll of her :P
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    oh, oh, oh I want a tinderbox reminiscent of Shikari's healing shrine!

tinderbox skins!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

oh, oh, oh I want a tinderbox reminiscent of Shikari's healing shrine!

tinderbox skins!

This, please
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So long as they have the ignite enchantment with them too! A few versions of that could be fun.
  • Tinderboxes are a great idea!
    edited June 2014
    Woot! Woot! Thanks @Estarra!

What about skins for dreamcatchers, tarot decks and rune bags?

#bringShikariback 

Estarra said:

Tinderboxes are a great idea!

If you actually do this, is it going to make the tinderboxes nondecay and resetting?
  • Well, I think it would be a separate replica that acts as a tinderbox (permanent and resetting). Of course, variants could be something besides a 'tinderbox'!
    edited June 2014
    A JAR OF SHADOWFIRE/FAERIEFIRE!!! SQUEEEEEEEE

Please consider this, @Estarra!

#bringShikariback 

• Estarra said:
    The bountiful harvest band is a piece of jewelry you need to wear for the harvesting effects.

Re: the hats, it would be extremely difficult to change the hats more than any other artifact because we would need to create separate object variants for each type of race. Adding a bandana, for example, would require 20 different bandana objects which would each need to be hardcoded. We could, of course, completely redesign and rewrite the hardcode for the racehat system to make it more amenable to aethergoop but I'm not certain the amount of work involved would warrant us going in that direction. Sorry!!
    Another way might be to make special items that aren't any of the current races...less work that way. Could do gnome, centaur, etc.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2014
    Can it do more than act like a tinderbox? Those of us with artifact pipes and lacking censers wouldn't have much use for it...but if it doubled as an ignite enchantment too, that could be quite useful. I like the aesthetic concept behind Siam's idea personally.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Hey now, gotta light a campfire to shrink those heads with. They're not entirely useless.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!