Artifact Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Steingrim said:
    Lerad said:
    Nothing wrong with increasing dps, nor with nerfing forest fires with a high credit arti.
    Rains don't just effect forestfires. Can I have an artifact that removes all briarwalls and cancels one of the once a month only effects of your org construct?

Fires aren't normally in that large of an area. I can't remember the last time I saw a fire in more than 15 rooms.

Go ahead and remove all my briars at once. Luckily, it costs zero power to instantly raise them in my demesne again, assuming I'd want to do that. I wasn't aware that nature rain put out firewalls though, I was under the impression that only pointing geyser did it. Will have to test that one out with a mage.

Oh nooooooo, stopping that one construct peripheral power that does nothing but aggravate players and kill novices caught in fires. Nooooooooooo. And you're wrong, fires can pretty easily cover a very wide area if the conditions are right, and be near impossible to put out without a shaman on hand to tame the weather (assuming the natural limits are conducive). 
  • Steingrim said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Try being in a commune and logging on to the whole area on fire.
    Did rain stop working? How many times in the last five years? Anyways, I've added my freedback. Thanks for the correction.
    In a sense, yes. If the fire is large enough, it'll spread quicker than one person can put it out. Two might be able to hold it off from spreading if the conditions are right and we catch it at a couple chokepoints. Three or four are sometimes required to even do a dent in the fire.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2015
    High wind conditions definitely affect the speed at which fires spread. Wait to light a fire until there is no rain and high winds, and there's a good chance it will spread pretty quickly. Rain also just has a chance every so often to put out a fire in a room, which slows the spread some, but generally won't totally kill an established forest fire. Once it's beyond a handful of rooms big, it can be a massive headache to quell. Prime Serenwilde has a good 300+ rooms, many of which are not along common paths, so their fires can spread far before they're noticed.

Firewalls are put out by nature rain, weird. That said, the artifact could easily do cloudburst across an entire area, instead of nature rain. Cloudburst puts out fires in a room, and that's it. Or it could just be an artifact that puts out the free, instant firewalls in an area once per RL day, that's not a very big deal.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Steingrim said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Did rain stop working? How many times in the last five years? Anyways, I've added my freedback. Thanks for the correction.
    In a sense, yes. If the fire is large enough, it'll spread quicker than one person can put it out. Two might be able to hold it off from spreading if the conditions are right and we catch it at a couple chokepoints. Three or four are sometimes required to even do a dent in the fire.
    If it can be that much of a problem then introducing yet another artifact (remember umbrellas already exsist) doesn't seem like the best solution. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Eh, it's really not a big deal either way. Putting out fires is a pain, but it's also not impossible, even one room at a time, and setting huge swathes of a forest on fire is just as lame, and just as easy to do. An artifact to area-rain won't be the end of the universe.

Firewalls don't play much of a role in Lusternia because we don't have the mass salve. The extra damage and burns it gives is nice... but out of the control of the pyro to capitalize on, anyway, unless they are spending their balances gusting their opponent through firewalls repeatedly. They could set it up around their room, or maybe in rooms of a few radius large and sit in the middle, waiting for the opponents to come to them and therefore get a slight headstart in building burns, but it's slight enough that removing the headstart via an expensive artifact isn't going to "nerf" pyros.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tarkenton said:
    The second I can see. The first defeats the point of command denial (aeon, stupidity) if you don't have stuff pre-outed. Perhaps tie it to masochism.
    I know I'm late here, but I wouldn't mind if the outrifting thing in aeon wasn't an issue. A number of people will circumvent this anyways (particularly with herbs) by outrifting a general number before they are ever afflicted. The end result would be about the same, just more convenient. Hell, doesn't even need to be linked to an artifact.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wait, wait. Hold on. Am I really seeing someone who doesn't want communes to be able to put out forest fires all at once because Gaudiguch's construct candle might be slightly nerfed by this? Really?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    You don't want a candle to light rooms on fire with anyway. Fine by me.

I'd much rather be able to flood a room with water though, making it so you have to SWIM.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's what we need, rings you can point to flood rooms.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That sounds lovely. #aquamancermasterrace
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited June 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Wait, wait. Hold on. Am I really seeing someone who doesn't want communes to be able to put out forest fires all at once because Gaudiguch's construct candle might be slightly nerfed by this? Really?
    Think of all the people who just bought 1kcr artifacts in order to be able to light rooms on fire!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited June 2015
    @Daraius made me want this.

Mental Imaginator
    - Allows you to set a custom message people will see when they trigger psymet mindfield.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Steingrim said:
    oleanvir backpack would have pk uses I am not sure you considrered.
    I can't really think of any...I literally mean an artifact that does nothing more than stop you from getting pulled by rocs...

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would still very much like an artifact for custom typecast messages.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Time and Relative Dimensional Instability Device - 2000 credits
    - PULL LEVER to teleport to the Peaks of the Pyroclasm.
    - This is an incredibly dangerous area, divided into twelve volcanoes.
    - Each volcano is home to a species of dragon.
    - Dragons are far closer to divine than other shards, and highly resistant to divinus damage
    - They also have a terrible weakness to excorable damage.
    - There are dragonstones in the middle of each volcano, that can be linked to to draw power.
    - Linking will draw angry, more powerful dragons who will try to kill you.
    - Due to the presence of the Soul of Dracnoris, you will slowly be driven insane in this area.
    - Sometimes wild dragonstones will appear.
    - There is a game known as 'Capture the Dragonstones'.
    - This game will happen at random times, when nobody is awake.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Steingrim said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Steingrim said:
    Ssaliss said:
    If it can be that much of a problem then introducing yet another artifact (remember umbrellas already exsist) doesn't seem like the best solution. Thanks for the explanation.
    I don't understand where you're coming from here whatsoever, you know.  There seems to be a disconnect between what you're saying and what you're arguing for.  What does umbrellas existing have to do with this in any way?  By that logic, because buckets of water existed we didn't need umbrellas either.  Let's just go back to buckets!

It just doesn't make sense.  The only real impact that an area-wide rain would have would be to save a few people a fair bit of time running around to put out a fire that has spread.  That's about it.  It's not going to break anything else, especially if you put a minute-long channeled action on it (like the Drums of Kiakoda).  There's really no reason to be getting quite so defensive about something that isn't going to hurt you and which a few people might actually pay some money for. :P
  • Tam upgrade to enable classflexing per RL hour, please. I'd buy this in a heartbeat - especially in this sale.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I would love that. I'd even settle for once a day.
  • edited June 2015
    Pack of mystic flashcards, 100cr
    READ FLASHCARDS <skill> to increase skill by 10 lessons, one use per pack per IG month.

EDIT: Changed the idea since I saw the abuse potential.

Obviously tune the lessons given as necessary. If there's concern about overuse, you could lock it to X per month, or make it an upgradeable thing with diminishing returns.
    Seconding the reduction of classflex time to 1 per IC day.
  • Daraius said:
    Gnomish Handcannon: automatically shoots down incoming dirigibles when wielded, preventing their delivery and making them inoperable for an hour. :-\"
    WHo would want that, other than complete dicks?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    People who don't want random shit delivered to them from bored Gaudiguchians?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I would pay a good amount of credits for combat-related arties like:

-A decent ranged attack, equivalent to staff.

-A way to pull people from adjacent rooms.

-Summon resistance runes

-Something that reduces target summon resistance.

-Artifact that increases active power regen, like the lucidian demigod ability.

Most of these are definitely worth a high credit cost!
  • Daraius said:
    People who don't want random shit delivered to them from bored Gaudiguchians?
    That happen alot?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Once is enough.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Actually, something I think would also be interesting (and not necessarily artifact bound - can maybe lump this into Artisan as a neat skill), the capability to create a cannon on an aetherbubble to shoot down bombarding aetherships.

I'd pay for that artifact - especially if multiple of them can be dropped all over the bubble.
  • Viynain said:
    Actually, something I think would also be interesting (and not necessarily artifact bound - can maybe lump this into Artisan as a neat skill), the capability to create a cannon on an aetherbubble to shoot down bombarding aetherships.

I'd pay for that artifact - especially if multiple of them can be dropped all over the bubble.
    Wasn't that idea thrown around as something to potentially add to colossi? If balanced right it could be pretty cool.
  • Weapon of transforming: A weapon that transforms into your classes main weapon. Ideal for classflexers that get weapons form guild skills rather than a forger so they don't have to wield more than one weapon.