Simple questions?

Comments

• Thanks!

... who would have thought they mind if I reduce the patient stock a bit. Or perhaps the scientists... oh well. ;)
  • Does athletics surge have an active mana or willpower drain? For some reason I get the feeling that it wrecks my willpower in absolutely no time - and regenerating it back up is about impossible.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2015
    How much of a time reduction does the ring of aetheric quickening provide?

Does anyone have the line for a ball of sparkly luminescence and a ball of flaming tar picking up items?
  • Yacsee said:
    Does athletics surge have an active mana or willpower drain? For some reason I get the feeling that it wrecks my willpower in absolutely no time - and regenerating it back up is about impossible.
    Surge shouldn't have a drain as far as I remember. Athletics regeneration does on both willpower and mana, though, which you might be feeling.
  • Kalnid said:
    Surge shouldn't have a drain as far as I remember. Athletics regeneration does on both willpower and mana, though, which you might be feeling.
    I just tested again.

Surge definitely drains. I only have surge up and it drains about 0,9% of my mana every 3-4 seconds, drains willpower too.

No wonder I had such trouble. I can now decide whether I want to go for regeneration / boosting OR surge for bashing. Both kills my mana + willpower in absolutely no time and puts quite some mana-sip pressure on me (which costs me health-sips, not good). I'm feeling kinda cheated - not even the wiki said that surge had active mana and willpower drains. Considering it already halfes my mana and costs 8p... the heck why. :( Yay for skills-I-cannot-use, I guess. /resignation.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Regeneration / boosting isn't really worth it.  Surge is far better, and should be able to cover it with Perfection.
  • edited May 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Regeneration / boosting isn't really worth it.  Surge is far better, and should be able to cover it with Perfection.
    Hm, well I can try that.. I'm just a bit unsure. I tend to turn off regeneration / boosting when I don't need it to reg willpower back faster. But putting up and dropping surge all the time is not really an option. And I have tried -once- to regenerate willpower while having surge up - it was about impossible. Took hours on end meditating.. not fun.

PS: Ok so perfection on its own covers the active mana drain, that's good. But is there anything I can do to regenerate willpower faster? Any skill to learn or something?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Discipline makes you recover Willpower faster. You should also use kirigami, which restore a big chunk (50%?) of your willpower when they wear off after an hour.
  • Enyalida said:
    Discipline makes you recover Willpower faster. You should also use kirigami, which restore a big chunk (50%?) of your willpower when they wear off after an hour.
    If you are willing to sit around at  your nexus you can have a hutner light a campfire and a dreamweave embed a mindsoothe mote in a meld there. Both can boost your will regen, especially if you don't want ot just sit around and meditate.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited May 2015
    @Enyalida: Thanks! I'll try and invest some in discipline then. I'm already using kirigami (It's more like 30% though I think), without it I'd probably spend 90% of my online time twiddling my thumbs. -.-

@Tylwyth: Well.. that would be an option... if there was anyone online or so. Or a hunter online. Gaudiguch is a -very- silent city. And I should probably write the "very" in all caps. ;)

Thank you both though! I already sit around plenty of time just regenerating.. gives me time for my other hobbies though / play something else, so that's good. :)
  • Rocking in a rocking chair is supposed to help willpower regen, and never forget meditation!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Just remember that endurance/willpower is slated to be removed in the overhaul, so...
  • edited May 2015
    Or I can put this in the wrong thread and no one can tell me.

THANKS GUYS.

• Ssaliss said:
    Just remember that endurance/willpower is slated to be removed in the overhaul, so...
    I heard, I so hope it's true. I don't really see the point of having to idle for 30-60 mins at a time, but hey..
    Tridemon said:
    Rocking in a rocking chair is supposed to help willpower regen, and never forget meditation!
    Thanks! No clue where I can find one but I'll poke around! :)
  • edited May 2015
    Back in myyyy day, you used to be able to find a rocking chair on any aethership you cared to name, if it was worth its salt. We'd sit and rock and shoot varmints and chaw fer hours at a time, 'til everyone was plum full ta bustin' with the dust harvest and we had ta make the three day trip ta sell it all. Yessirree, them was the days!

On a more serious note, your best bet is probably to find an artisan. Rockers are slightly more expensive than regular chairs since they have a dubious mechanical benefit, and therefore people tend to not want to craft them in favour of the normal kind of chair, which lets you eat herofetes and write at desks.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That being said, I craft for everyone. Even enemy orgs/characters if it seems like they've been looking for a long time.
  • Is there a significant difference between a Mechanical Dirigible and a Zepplin, besides flavor?

Is it worth keeping a Charm of Clangoru if I'm not throwing wild parties at the Flame anymore?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Unlike the dirigible, the zeppelin loads the object into it's cannon and fires it at the person. It also emits lots of smoke when flying, that induces extreme fits of coughing. However this is all flavour/descriptive stuff, and doesn't actually do anything mechanically.

Supposedly the zeppelin can explode and become unusable for a certain time period, but it's never actually happened to me.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    The zeppelin seems to take a lot longer than the dirigible in returning to you. It'll take and deliver things right away, but its "cooldown" seems to be longer.

So...probably a stupid question...I got the idea from somewhere that you can only own one of Korue's whips. Is that true? Or can you get them all?

• You can buy them all. And probably buy each of them a few times over, though you probably won't want to.

• If a long time ago I submitted designs I really kinda liked to a private cartel, and now I'm not a member of that cartel and the owner is probably inactive and/or I don't really like him/her anyways... how much do I need to change the designs to submit them to a different cartel, that I might actually be able to use?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Hi, I have a simple question or two.  I was looking at buying an artifact and online I saw (https://www.lusternia.com/Credits) if you look at the artifact cart option, a rune for cutting enhancement.  This rune "enhances cutting dmg 1/11" (or 2/12, or 3/13), is attached to any weapon, and "Note: Affects damage from any source, not just the weapon it is attached to.  Must be wielded."

Context: I am a blademaster and have 2 bashing rapiers (max speed, max dmg), and 2 pvp rapiers (max speed, max wounding).  

Question 1: If I bought this rune and put it on one of my rapiers would it work for the off-hand rapier? (It says it affects damage from any source, not just the weapon it is attached to...).
    Question 2: Is this worth having? I guess I don't quite understand what 1/11, 2/12, and 3/13 enhanced cutting damage means, but I'm assuming this is a buff to my base damage with each attack.  Is this significant enough to invest credits into? Is this base damage (ie good for bashing) or is this enhanced wounding (ie good for pvp)?
    Question 3: Because I must change my weapon sets for bashing versus pvp combat, would this be more beneficial to enhance my bashing dmg or is this more effective for pvp, or do I really need one for each weapon set? (I've realized killing a player with raw damage is very very unlikely, especially since in combat I use high speed high wounding rapiers with extremely low damage.  In that sense would this rune be wasted in combat or is it some base multiplier that would be more helpful than I imagine?)

TLDR: Please help me to know whether I should buy a rune of cutting enhancement, and how to effectively use it if I do! Thanks!
    1. Yes. But you should instead put it on a piece of clothing, it will enhance all cutting damage you do regardless of weapon.

2. It's in effect a 3% increase in damage (or 6% or 9%). It helps with hunting. It helps with dealing combat damage to players. It does not affect wounding.

3. See 1.

So...does it help enough? I'm...not sure. I'm debating this myself.

• Where does it say anywhere it can be attached to clothing?
    It doesn't.

But...it works like that.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The clothing change was added in after players said something about it. Given Classflex, it makes more sense to have it available via an attachment to clothing so it's always effective rather than requiring it to be on a weapon and wielded. This rapier example is a perfect situation where it's unfair to require it to be wielded. 

I guess the website wasn't updated, but I confirmed it with Roark in another thread (the buff overhaul one maybe?)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's worth noting that while it increases by 3% or 6% or 9%, it works at the same step as all other buffs, so you may see a slightly lower number in practice. The total number of other buff effects is capped at 30%, with the artifact therefore giving a total buff of 39%, for a subjective increase of around 7%.

Someone else should probably comment on their worth or not. This specific version of them is relatively new, so people are still considering their usefulness. 
  • Qistrel said:
    1. Yes. But you should instead put it on a piece of clothing, it will enhance all cutting damage you do regardless of weapon.

2. It's in effect a 3% increase in damage (or 6% or 9%). It helps with hunting. It helps with dealing combat damage to players. It does not affect wounding.

3. See 1.

So...does it help enough? I'm...not sure. I'm debating this myself.
    Thanks so much to you and others answering my question!!

The "Note" on the artifact is what concerns me.  It clearly states it " is attached to any weapon," "must be wielded," and "...not just the weapon it is attached to."

These seem to indicate it must:
    A. Be attached to a weapon, specifically, and
    B. Must be wielded to have a positive effect.

I'm only voicing these concerns because I'm worried about investing credits in something that won't work out, but I really really really hope you are right about being able to attach it to clothing.  If I could put it on my armor:

A. I'd have non-decayed armor, yay!
    B. I wouldn't have to worry about which weapon set I'm using, I could always have the damage bonus, yay!
    C. It would totally be worth it to me to buy, yay!

Synkarin, your commnet suggests that these quotes on the website are out of date and a recent change was made allowing this rune to be attached to clothing/armor? And that you confirmed this with a GM?  Could you link that conversation/thread where this was discussed so I could take a look at it?  Thanks!
  • edited June 2015
    Roark said:
    Regen runes are for worn jewelry. Damage resistance runes for worn clothing. Damage enhancement runes are for wielded weapons, including staves, swords, etc. They can also go on worn clothing since some players switch around weapons.
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/86959/#Comment_86959