Real World Raves

Comments

• Today's high was 70F.  Snowfall is expected tomorrow night.  YES! The blessings of Summer and Winter in the same week.
    </RANT>
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Talked with a long time with my first class's professor (who is also my college advisor). Awesome dude. Told me he's filling out forms for me to be a part-time CLT (computer lab tech) for a class he's running next semester since I'll be graduating this semester. 6 hours a week. The pay? $20/hr (that's 16 euros or 12.7 pounds or 23.21 aussie dollars an hour). I'll also be getting to work on a project making a video game for a children's cartoon coming out in the next year that I forgot the name of because I'm a complete derp. Class ended early, and I went to the college bookstore with a classmate and found two books that I glanced through and liked ("A Reader in the Anthropology of Religion" by Lambek [ISBN: 978-1405136143] and "Mama Lola" by Brown [ISBN: 978-0520268104]) and will look to obtain now. Totally wish I was in that class, but, alas, graduating. Then I went to my classroom to see on the door a sign announcing class was cancelled. Aww yiss.

And now I'm home. Yay. Good day was good. I don't think it can be much better!
  • I finished writing my play for a Creative Writing class!

You can read it here, but all the italics have been taken out on account if it being changed to plain text:

http://pastebin.com/XiiTD56Z

Author's note: Near the beginning of the play there's a line from someone named REASON; this was a draft name for LOGIC. So just replace REASON with LOGIC when you read.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Loved it, Lillie! I feel like (to a certain extent) this sort of conversation happens in my head all the time.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Lavinya said:
    Last week we had 46C. Like 110F I think? Will accept snow donations.
    Will trade grey clouds and rain for a 15C temp rise and sun. It's about 7C outside today and it has been grey overcast for.... well, way too long. Weeks probably. I'm fighting back hard by trying to up the winter cheer indoors but I'm just a summer person really.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • My body is ready:

Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I got to know someone better and have a new friend. I hope they won't decide in a few hours that I'm not-so-friend-worthy, but for now, I will take this happiness and crawl into bed at seven in the morning.
    Just got home for a date night/weekend in Milwaukee, staying at a hotel and seeing the Lion King - Musical. It was my second time seeing it, but my wife's first time, and we loved it! Award for best one-liners goes to Zazu: "This wasn't in the cartoon!" "Looks like a shower curtain from the Tar-get." "Please don't fire me! I just spent my nest egg on Black Friday doorbusters!" "LET IT GOOOOO! LET IT GOOOO!"
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Sleeping in feels so good.

Musing for the day:

Since it has been mentioned that they may make some Star Wars spinoffs that focus on individual characters, I have a few requests:

Obi-Wan's activities between III and IV.  I'm sure he did more than just sit around on Tatooine.  And Ewan McGregor is probably the best actor of the prequels.

Mace Windu.  Yes.  He survives that fall from the Senate building.  Goes off on wild adventures while in hiding.  Should have a jheri curl and an r-rating on this one so Sam Jackson can really shine.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Giving a rave for libraries. They are gooood. Also bacon, because why the fuck not?

Bacon!
    Retired.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stangmar said:

Mace Windu.  Yes.  He survives that fall from the Senate building.  Goes off on wild adventures while in hiding.  Should have a jheri curl and an r-rating on this one so Sam Jackson can really shine.
    I'm tired of these @$#$%@ Sith in my @#%%# Temple!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My first shinai and bokken arrived today, just in time for training tomorrow. Though even after watching a dozen videos, I am afraid to disassemble my shinai, because I fear that I might not be able to put it back together again. And sadly, my ceiling is too low for really practicing at home.
  • FIRST PENTA KILL!!!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Shaddus said:
    Stangmar said:

I'm tired of these @$#$%@ Sith in my @#%%# Temple!
    BASIC MOTHER F*****ER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!??
    Stangmar - Retired

• Leaving for first tattoo in a few. Aw yiss. Expect pictures later.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Achievement get: Tattoo
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    At first glance, I thought it was the Thundercats symbol.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shame on you Shaddus.
  • Got new glasses yesterday.  I can see!

Going back in tomorrow to get contacts.  This is a first for me.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Got my contacts. First time ever.

I AM TRIPPING.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It takes a few minutes for me to get my bearings, usually. The focus is different than with glasses, so it can be a little disorienting for a little bit.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Get lasik some time. The first time I woke up and didn't have to put glasses on, or fumble with contacts was magical.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    But glasses make you look smart. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've never really had huge problems with my contacts, and my nails are hugelong (and pointy, right now). The worst is trying super hard to take one out, and then realizing it fell into the sink and you've been mauling your eye for 5 minutes for no reason.
    My astigmatism is so high that, until recently, contacts would be an uncomfortable option. And, since I have been wearing glasses every day since I was four years old, I don't remember a life without glasses, so they aren't a burden or annoyance. Glasses are just a normal, everyday part of my life.

• Enyalida said:
    It takes a few minutes for me to get my bearings, usually. The focus is different than with glasses, so it can be a little disorienting for a little bit.
    Yes, and the first time I put one in I didn't think I had succeeded and was looking for my contact(keep in mind I had tried dozens of times at this point).  Then I realized my vision was all weird.  So I closed the eye I wasn't trying to put a contact in and realized I could see.  The contact was in place.   Driving back to work was weird.
    Tarkenton said:
    Get lasik some time. The first time I woke up and didn't have to put glasses on, or fumble with contacts was magical.
    Eyes haven't stabilized well enough yet.  Doc said I'd be a good candidate for it a few more years down the road.  For reference, I'm 24.
    Everiine said:
    My astigmatism is so high that, until recently, contacts would be an uncomfortable option. And, since I have been wearing glasses every day since I was four years old, I don't remember a life without glasses, so they aren't a burden or annoyance. Glasses are just a normal, everyday part of my life.
    That's how they got for me too.  I've worn glasses since 2006(when I had to get them to get my driver's license).  You get used to cleaning them, putting them on in the morning, etc. I keep going to adjust them on my face and realize they're not on, lol.   I celebrated by buying some sunglasses tonight.  
    Stangmar - Retired