Real World Raves

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Stangmar said:
    Congrats to Europe on that.

There's the super nationalist in me that's sad that it wasn't America.

But we did put Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi on an asteroid, so there's that.
    I love that movie.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Stangmar said:
    Congrats to Europe on that.

There's the super nationalist in me that's sad that it wasn't America.

But we did put Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi on an asteroid, so there's that.
    I love that movie.
    One of my favorites of the 90s. Certainly better than any Michael Bay movie that followed.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Fun day away from my regular life with the awesome peeps: @Kelly, @Acrune, @Zyphora, and @Turnus. I really needed it. Wish we could have done more.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited November 2014
    10 years in flight... 70 hours of battery life. One, unplanned for ledge/cave/shadow.  Mission over/accomplished.
    I love science!
  • Just flashed the factory image for Android 5.0 Lollipop on my Nexus 4.

It's the most beautiful iteration yet.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Neos said:
    Fun day away from my regular life with the awesome peeps: @Kelly, @Acrune, @Zyphora, and @Turnus. I really needed it. Wish we could have done more.
    It was an awesome impromptu meet up! Was in the area all of a sudden for work and didn't even know if I would be free that day, but it all worked out and ended up being pretty fun.

So raves to @kelly and @acrune, who I met before. And @neos and @zyphora who I met for the first time (especially to Zyphora for being my hostess to DC for the day after meeting at the metro)

I also learned everything can be a jaguar - clearly the Serenguard needs more of them.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I just realized, anytime we land a probe on an extraterrestrial body, we are landing a piece of technology that is upwards of 10 years outdated, lol. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Just because I'm in class and can't log into Lusternia doesn't mean I can't work on Lusternia things while my professor is rattling off about XML!

Book writing hooooooo.
  • It's myyy BIIIRTHDAAAAY!!!

(if anyone read that in the voice from brosis.swf please know that you're always my best friend)
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Happy birthday!
  • orz

Thanks, everyone! I had a wonderful birthday.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I was an email tycoon today! Between four different email accounts, I unsubscribed from things I no longer wanted, cleared out an older email account I don't intend to use anymore, transferred its useful subscriptions to my regular account, and deleted almost 400 emails from my personal and work accounts. Bazinga!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I love doing that.
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I did not wake up with a nosebleed.

Today is a good day.
  • Was pleasantly surprised that they toned back some of Katniss's irrationality in Mockingjay PT 1.   I think putting her full character in the movie would have turned off audiences.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    400 emails. You poor, poor novice.

My Yahoo has so many unread messages, it doesn't even show the actual number. It stops at 9999.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Our brand new pool is finally done and filled up! Oh hey, 36C outside today, guess where I'm living all afternoon?

• edited November 2014
    Making crepes when I have a bad day.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • So a CD got scratched! I guess after 20 years (has it really been that long?) it was time, but what's a man to do? Thank Gawd for Spotify!
    Basil Poledouris – Conan The Barbarian (http://open.spotify.com/album/2yXTFpKvYXlNxZwB4PosQ3)
    </RANT>
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Well, it has been almost 5 years since my last trip to the USA, but in 28 days I will be stepping off the plane in Sacramento to spend Christmas and New Year with my g/f and her family.  It feels both so soon and so far away at the same time x_x
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Lavinya said:
    Our brand new pool is finally done and filled up! Oh hey, 36C outside today, guess where I'm living all afternoon?
    Brb sending myself over via airmail.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Lavinya said:

I agree, this hot weather is so terrible. The temperature outside went from 31F to 50F overnight and it's just unbearable.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I suppose a small comfort in this cold is that there's no legal limit to how much clothes you can wear, but there's a legal limit to how little you can wear.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ieptix said:
    I agree, this hot weather is so terrible. The temperature outside went from 31F to 50F overnight and it's just unbearable.
    You'd love it there then, the weather is in the high 90's F >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • It's in the 50's F here in Las Vegas.

I haven't swam in the pool for several weeks now :(

Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Last week we had 46C. Like 110F I think? Will accept snow donations.

• edited November 2014
    down where I live, 35C is the average and on hot days it can climb up to 40C but 46C is just INSANE! That's El nino weather!

On the bright side, it's been raining alot lately, bad for laundry but awesome weather for staying in. Nice and cool. 
    is dead like the dodo