Real World Raves

Comments

• If you ever have a chance to see Opeth in concert, do so. Will not disappoint.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Stangmar said:
    I celebrated by buying some sunglasses tonight.  
    I miss sunglasses. I should get contacts again.

:-/
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Stangmar said:
    I celebrated by buying some sunglasses tonight.  
    That's exactly what I did when I finally made the switch to contacts. I've wanted a pair of aviators ever since I was a kid but it was never an option with glasses, so I went out and dropped $170+ on a pair of Ray Bans. Entirely worth it.

• I bought aviators as well.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited December 2014
    I had testing done to see if I could get lasik but it was ruled too dangerous as they'd have too little margin of error. I had glasses back then and had them since I was little, and while I loved them as a style thing I found them to be so impractical. I was very sad until it was suggested I try contacts. Unfortunately for some reason hard lenses were suggested to me, and my eyes were having none of that. I actually ended up hurting them because I was like "If I just keep them in another hour my eyes will surely stop hurting so much". But nope, I had to return the hard lenses. I asked the doctor if I could try soft lenses, because despite the higher risk of causing dry eyes and the issues that come with that, the lasik tests had shown that my eye moisture level was really great.

I remember the optician putting them in for me, and as my eyes adjusted, I felt like I just witnessed a miracle. The ability to see all around you with no frames and without distortion ... I'm quite sure the people in the hospital must have thought I wasn't all well in the head as during the next hour where I was told to sit in the lobby and see how my eyes further reacted I just stared at everything around me (especially in the distance) as if I'd never had eyesight before. It was magical. And I've had contacts ever since and greatly enjoy the benefits they bring. Might have reduced my geeky looks a bit but I'm sure when I open my mouth and start on some subject I still make up for it :P

Also: I love the ability to be able to wear sunglasses without needing to clip something on because it is so practical in the car. Not getting blinded is good stuff.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I got soft lenses as well.  I was like a 4 year old at Disneyland when I first put them in.   I've been looking around at things in the week since.  

It's a good thing I bought sunglasses, because it seems like my eyes are more sensitive to light with contacts.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Philly Comic-Con info is starting to be released. So excited for next years, and I have ample time to prepare for it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Finished my Christmas shopping with weeks to spare!

• Stangmar said:

It's a good thing I bought sunglasses, because it seems like my eyes are more sensitive to light with contacts.
    Could be, or could be due to eyes being a little dryer and light causing you to blink more. Kinda like how staring at a screen all day can make your eyes real dry. I ended up putting water bowls on all big central heating units now, to boost indoor humidity a bit. Not sure how effective that is but I hope it will help some, also with feeling less cold.

That said I was told today I am doing very well at being and remaining organized and occupied which isn't always easy for people who are technically unemployed (side business is there but not generating much work yet). And that I have a good plan going with clear next steps which should ensure I keep that up, and hopefully pay off in terms of future money making. I'm actually starting to believe it myself :P I also somehow found peace with the fact it may still fail or not be good enough and that this is ok and I will find another way. I was told it must be the mindfulness and meditation paying off and I am inclined to agree. It's a slow road but something beats nothing.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Absolutely exhausted but I managed to move an armoire with a mirror out of my room, a desk into my room, and clean the whole apartment today. I had wanted to do this months ago, but better late than never.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Left work at the normal closing time for the first time in over a month.
    Got a free haircut.  Good one too.  Saved me $25, tipped the very nice hair cutting lady $5.
    Spent my regular get home time night helping my wife clean our house, since things had slipped a bit since I've been working nutso hours and two little boys are quite the handful.
    My sister gets in town tomorrow, and despite the crushing backlog of machines to repair at work, I'm going to take a day or two to hang out with her and have some fun.
    The day after my sister leaves, one of my oldest friends is coming to town and I'm going to kick his butt at Soul Calibur.
    Then Christmas.

This is shaping up to be a pretty awesome end of the year.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    For my birthday I ate a pulled pork sandwich with caramelized onions and bacon macaroni and cheese on Texas toast (yes the macaroni was on the sandwich, yes it was genius). Best birthday. Best calories.

Also word got out that I like cute depictions of woodland mammals, so 2014 became the Year of the Fox in terms of birthday gifts.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Good news, fans of the 90's. French Toast Crunch is coming back to the states. Probably because of that cereal podcast I keep hearing about.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Good news, fans of the 90's. French Toast Crunch is coming back to the states. Probably because of that cereal podcast I keep hearing about.
    Husband sent me -the most childish and excited text- while I was at work to inform me of this. Still believing he loves this cereal more than he loves me. Not upset by this, because it's so goddamn delicious.

Also, rave! Today was a good day. That's all, just a regular old nothing-terrible-happened day. Yay!

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Daraius said:
    Best News Of The Day.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    On my way to the Naro for Rocky Horror in full drag! Expect pictures later <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I haven't slept in over twenty four hours. Normally something bad, right?

But for once it's a result of a whole bunch of philosophical and theological thoughts running through my head instead of me panicking or being worried, afraid, or scared. I wish I had more hands to write down everything, this cracked-out-awake-but-not-upset feeling is awesome!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ooh, I like theological thoughts! Hit me up.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • If you would actually get into contact with me again you'd remember I love philo/theology :(
    Whenever I have theological or philosophical thoughts I end up with existential anxiety and a deeply cynical view of humanity. I've learned to abolish them.
    I used to make cakes.

Pizza and sangria.

The night is mine.

-

• Eritheyl said:
    Pizza and sangria.

The night is mine.
    All of my want.

I'm about to whip out some scotch, myself, and hope I don't do something stupid in-game as a result.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sweet potato pie, bacon wrapped figs, and four flavors of riblets tonight for a Saint Lucia party. And making lefse tomorrow. Excellent weekend.
    Well given the forum rules say specifically not to talk religious-sorts-of-thoughts here, if anyone wants to chat me up on it, feel free to send me a message and I'll message you back. I'm a pretty good listener! Good talker too, but people prefer listeners I've found.
    Message is in your box, Selenity :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Ten seasons? Nonononono, try ~35 seasons. 26 of the version that started in 1963, and another 8 that started 2005.
  • Think of it this way there are just 812 episodes.
    I need to finish watching Season 8 before the Christmas special! Aaaah!

• I still miss Tennant :(