the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    And hand it back to you immediately, Thul. As enforced by the almost certainty of me getting lynched if I don't trade it back. I'm not going to press the issue if you don't want to do it, but I don't think you need to worry about my power. Worst case scenario is that I keep it, laugh maniacally, get lynched, and you open up to cult recruitment for one turn in exchange for getting a night of whatever Gengar's power is. So I guess it isn't entirely risk free, but it seems pretty low risk to me.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Good morning, everyone. Terribly sorry to interrupt. I had a predictable night.

Lunatone, use Moonlight!
  • Wait what.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• My suggested strategy at this point is going after who the bad guys would try and recruit. Lacking any better information, it makes sense to me that they would try and recruit individuals would can assist in their win condition first. Nightkillers are obvious choices, then Thul's governor power, Phoebus...down to the less likely converts such as Dylara. 

My list is similar to Melali's. Portius, Thul, or Othero. Thul seems to be protected from things, Othero only got the death pokemon very recently, which leaves Portius as the obvious choice. He also tried to kill me again while being unwilling to lynch me, the only part that changed is that he knows I have put a willowisp on him.

The thing is, if his pokemon suddenly goes up in flames, it'll be really obvious I'm the one that did it and then I'd be lynched, so I don't think that's a reason to attack me. 
  • ...uh.

...well, that might be game.
    I believe that our discussion is rendered moot.
  • *snrk* This game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Hey guys I think we found a member of the cult.
  • Any suggestions on who I should or should not jail? I'm assuming Portius and Phoebus are among those whom I shouldn't jail tonight? 
    Ok, here's my thinking:

Phoebus is cult. I can't conceive of a reason to end the dayphase for a townie.

Cult has a redirect. It may or may not be on cooldown.

They probably intend to win the game off of this night phase. The question: Can they do it with just a recruitment action, or do they also need to redirect me into an innocent to pull it off?

If it's the first one, I can probably block it by successfully killing a cult member. But at the same time, Phoebus is such an obvious target now that they probably wouldn't do it without having some sort of protection for her. So either they have a blocker or the redirect is up. If it's the second one, the correct action is for me to take no action so we can get another day phase and lynch Phoebus. How do we feel between these two?

Now, we do have an out if we need me to kill someone and they have a redirect. I really wish I could say this privately, but I can't and I think it's important to get it out there. Zoroark should have a redirect still. If whoever it is (I forgot and can't look back right now) that has Zoroark is still town, they should redirect me into Phoebus, and they should send in the command as late into the night phase as possible to get the following event chain:

I target Phoebus
    Scum redirects me to an innocent.
    Zoroark redirects me back into Phoebus.
    Phoebus dies.

I think that's how those powers would resolve, anyway. But the Zoroark redirect has to go in last, so there's a chance of failure.

I dunno about your jailing. Phoebus is probably a recruit chosen specifically for her Pokemon, so jailing her probably won't do anything. But she might be the recruiter, I guess. So if you think she's the recruiter and she can't get through, jail her. If you think you know which of them can redirect me, jail that person instead so I can murder Phoebus. If you think that I cannot get through and am sure to get redirected into an innocent, jail me. I don't really know what the right choice is.
  • Ahem. I'm still reviewing matters, but I wish to make it known that I did in fact have an attempt made upon my life last night. For the first time in the entire game, the spikes I had Corsola lay down around me are now gone, which it was made clear indicated that someone attempted to harm me last night.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Oh shit I didn't see that.

Solrock, use Sunny Day!
  • Well.

Alright, I can work with not losing.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (Really curious to see how Trem handles this order of operations.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited September 2016
    ALL FURTHER POSTS MUST CONSIST OF MEMES AND NONSENSE AT RISK OF PENALISATION WHILE ORDER OF EVENTS PLAY OUT.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    At your service, Tremula.

I didn't forget anything. Take your nap. Doctor's orders.
  • Thul said:
    @Portius: You're asking me to hand over the one hard counter to your power right now. Even if I wasn't completely, unhealthily attached to my forum-text rendition of a being that only exists in digital format, I don't think that'd be a good idea.

@Othero, do you still have that kill ability on Night Haze, or is that expended? I thought I heard you say that was expended, but...
    expended
  • Ugh, sorry, posted before reading the whole thread. 

edited September 2016
    The silence grows thick within the library, only the muffled sounds of the storm offering any respite from the cloying quiet. Solrock and Lunatone, each out of their respective pokeballs and hovering over the shoulder of their trainers, staring intently at each other without blinking. 

"Night." Phoebus commands, her quiet voice cutting through the silence like a knife. Lunatone warbles mightily and glows a bright silver as the clock on the nearby wall spins rapidly, slowing down only after it has passed a full rotation to show that Night has indeed come. 

"Day." Ileein responds, glaring the woman down. As if a deranged toddler were running his finger over his lips before a fan, a bright golden light pouring off of its body as the clock spins in reverse, a sick lurching in your gut causing many of you to be seasick as time rewinds to day.

"Night."

"Day."

"Night."

"Day."

"NIGHT."

"DAY."

"NIGHT."

"NIGHT."

"DAY, AND THAT'S FINAL!" Ileein smiles in response and nods at Solrock, Lunatone's silver glow finally fading as Solrock lurches the clock forward a full 24 hours. Books litter the floor, Alec buried under a small pile of encyclopedia and drumming his fingers against the wood floor. You wonder how long he's been stuck there.

"Are you QUITE finished?" 

It is now Day 10 of the CCS: Expedition's Journey.
    It will last approximately 7 days (15/9).

You may TRADE at any time.
    Shopping begins at 3pm EST.

And now Solrock's on cooldown. I hope it was worth it.
    Hey @Ileein, want to trade?
    Oh wait, actually, is the Champion still offering Pokemon for trade as well, @Tremula?
  • No, I don't. And I demand an explanation, @Phoebus.
  • Ahaha we're still alive.

So, I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that cult has a recruit, a misdirect and a kill on some combination of people and Pokemon. Want to hear other thoughts on this, but I think we might be in the unfortunate position that we actually can't lynch Phoebus right now... need to bag someone of higher value.

@Portius, I think you're good at this point to trade with @Ileein if you're since about gambling with Haunter. In any case, Ileein does need to discard and draw, since I'm reasonably certain the game will be over before the stones recharge. 
  • Thul said:
    @Portius, I think you're good at this point to trade with @Ileein if you're since about gambling with Haunter. In any case, Ileein does need to discard and draw, since I'm reasonably certain the game will be over before the stones recharge. 
    I'm down for this, if @Portius is still interested.

As for my night last... uh... last real night, I spent it watching Dylara because frankly I was still a little suspicious until her autopsies showed up in the morning announcement again. As expected, she spent a lot of time examining Vivet's corpse before ascending the decks of the ship to visit the Champion's cabin, to deliver her autopsy report. I can therefore fully confirm her role, not that it really needs it at this point.

I will note two things: first, I did have an attempt on my life. Presumably someone did not want me doing what I just did, and countering the cult's attempt to cut the day short. Fortunately, I'm a mad scientist (it's super cool, sunovabitch) and I laid down spikes days ago. Secondly, I also had some very bad dreams about Alec and Sylandra drowned in the wreckage of the ship. So that's a thing.
  • So I missed out on all of that but wow.

I'm concerned about offing a recruit as opposed to the recruiter too. I'm not sure we can afford it. But I'm also not hearing anybody jumping up with damning evidence against anybody else. :( Surely we have enough to piece something solid together by now. Frustrating.

The one good thing here is that Trem posted the coroner's report and Dylara is clean. I'm sorry for doubting but the self-post was super sus, you gotta admit.

Since I have no idea whether my availability will improve going forward, I'm just gonna go ahead and <b>Vote: Phoebus</b> in the meantime because duh.