Artifact Ideas

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So basically an upgraded mirror?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yes, multiple uses. Basically a gender cameo. Okay, so really it's only purposes are for kephera and to have a drag queen artifact, but I WANT.

It's only fair after having totems pillaged for 200 IG years because of I WANTS. 
  • edited October 2015
    Gilded Mirror is 500 credits and lets you swap gender once per day. I don't see any harm in letting you swap gender more often, but I bet it'll cost a stupid amount of credits.

That said! Make the drag queen masks goopified mirrors!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Oh. Okay so that exists. The more you know.
  • edited October 2015
    Hmmm, I actually had not thought that there are no unspecialized Highmagic trades. The obvious solution is some must be made! Kidding aside, the original idea was generally based around the idea that those who already had Highmagic would not need to buy the highmagic artifact, and thus could learn the Highmagic trades by purchasing their 'items', however, you are correct that it does seem generally unfair.

As per the suggestion to make an artifact for each trade skill, here is an item for each, i'll copy the ones I already had mentioned as well (with some slight tweaks):

* Brewer's Mug:

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Alchemy-Brewmeister trade.

* Bubbling Cauldron

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Alchemy-Lorecraft trade.

* Tinker's Miscellaneous Toolset

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Tinkering trade.

* Pentacle of the Elements

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Spellcraft (Elemental) trade. Would naturally gain all the spellcraft enchantment abilities without needing to have Highmagic or Elementalism.

*Pentacle of the Cosmos

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Spellcraft (Cosmic) trade. Would naturally gain all the spellcraft enchantment abilities without needing to have Highmagic or Cosmic.

*Herbalist's Bough

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Herbs trade.

* Tattooist's Design Stamps

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Tattooing trade.

* Smithing Bellows

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Forging trade.

* Fang of the Basilisk (suuuup Harry Potter fans)

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Poisons trade.

And that's all of them I believe. As for certain trans skills like Master Armor...i'll leave that for you guys to discuss.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You cannot wear plate without knowing Knighthood, so that one's already dealt with.
    Not opposed. I hate trying to find a tattooist or a freaking alchemist to make firemead. Like finding a unicorn in a straight bar.

Bet they are expensive though :( 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll be your perky male kephera. ;)

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Seriously, everyone, just hit me up. Only trades I don't have at this point are enchanting and potion making. I'll even work for enemies on the sly.
    Shaddus said:
    I'll be your perky male kephera. ;)
    My cold, frigid heart is already taken by @Lothringen
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would definitely take enchanting, just so that I can make my own symbols and charge my own cube with my powerplexes. Not sure if I would bother with alchemy. Might do Tattoos for RP purposes, though...
    You'd take everything just because you are OCD like that.
  • Flower runes. Attach it to a flower for an everlasting adornment! (The ones in Maylea's temple are amazing but they decay so faaaast :( )
  • Delsea said:
    Flower runes. Attach it to a flower for an everlasting adornment! (The ones in Maylea's temple are amazing but they decay so faaaast :( )
    Yes!
  • Divine Rod of Benevolence:

With this hefty item of divine importance, you may bestow favors upon others as if a god yourself. You may utilize your own essence or, if an Avatar, the essence of your cult.

Syntax:

Bestow Favor <player> [Personal | Cult]

• Yes please, but cult only, and cost something huge like 100k/day.
  • mmm okay, Avatar of Cult only, seems more fair.

A cast will give a 24 hour favor, subsequent casts will add another day. Costs can be something along the lines of:

Favor: 5k essence
    Strong Favor: 10k essence
    High Favor: 30k essence
    True Favor: 50k essence

Subsequent casts
    edited October 2015
    Absolutely not to cult only mortal favors. Ick. 

Basically gives cult leaders a new defense that no one else has such ready access to. That's nuts. 
  • edited October 2015
    My comment was for all of a cult, not just leaders. I was hoping something would encourage more people to join cults. They're mostly dead/sparse across the board, and mostly mediocre (outside of deip/DS). Every demi in every org has access to join a cult from that org since all orgs have 1+. Equal access.

Edit: the cost would have to be pretty darn steep to make it a treat rather than just 100% uptime without any consideration.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Maybe sacrifice corpses to it to charge it to give a favor instead of costing essence, so people can't get favors from gods and the artifact as easily. This assumes that the effects of favors still stack with each other, and I'm not positive that they do post overhaul.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Multiple favors do not stack, no.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I like the flavour concept of avatars who have venerated an aspect of their god to bestow a piece of Their favour. Hell even if I couldn't give it to myself I'd be down with giving my cult members a show of Morgy love. Or even people not in my cult. Even if it was only strong favours or something. I mean, He ripped my heart out and stuck something of Him in there, surely I could at least use my cult essence and that to give a little tentacle love?

• In my recent experience the only parts of of True Favours that stack are 1) the skill level shift upwards 2) the xp bonus 3) the xp gain at the end (obviously)

And to keep this post on topic, I will steal @Shedrin's artifact idea:
    Artifact to make an ephemeral demigod supernumary for free once per month.

And something out of my own head?
    Artifact to create a temporary astral node, like the Bloaded Diamonut for aetherhunting.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Simply a way of allowing cult leaders to give out truefavors in the name of their god, isnt a bad thing, and would relieve some pressure (Not to mention do the currently rare act of) gods giving out favors for devotion shown.

I wouldnt say for cult members only, I would say they can give it to anyone.

My only peeve is that this likely wouldnt work in sales if only avatars can buy it, which brings me back to the suggestion of anyone being able to hand out a favor, if perhaps of the Inner Circe of an order? Only Avatars would, however, be able to substitute essence cost for Cult essence.
  • I'd love to be able to grant truefavours on behalf of indefinitely-dormant Fain. It would help to revitalize some Orders certainly (although there's a limited amount Fain's Order specifically can do, due to there being no-one around with some privs).

Avatar or Cult only? I can see the rationale. And Avatars and definitely Cult Leaders absolutely have a greater investment in the Order. Trans Veneration is something like 120-125 million cult essence.
  • Imperian's Sect system allows for leaders to bestow favours in the name of their not-always-present admin characters. It does allow them to show some token of appreciation, and thus help keep the sect alive, even with minimal Divine interaction. +1

edited October 2015
    I'm confused. We drastically reduced the effectiveness of favors to remove them from the meta, and now we are discussing if we should make avatars/cults part of the new meta by giving them specific defenses only they can give out?

The great thing about truefavors now is that I don't feel totally disadvantaged to the handful of those that do have them when I don't. We effectively lowered the ceiling. Now we're arguing to raise the floor. 

Two steps forward, one step back IMHO.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It'd be okay as long as they didn't stack with regular TF's still. I don't care about the xp bonus/skills bonus/xp at the end bonus stacking, but the resists etc. 

It'd even the playing field even more as long as they don't stack on top of other TFs

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    If that's the goal, just make them pray-on-demand favors rather than just making it cult specific. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm fine with that too

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.