Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So unless someone just didn't believe Celina, it seems the scum have someone that can block people too?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Okay, so I really don't believe Celina. I think it's more likely that she's a part of Ermines gang, and that they have someone who can spy on people among themselves. For instance, I can see no real scenario where someone can think that the doctor acts on them, while they really get their roles. It just makes too little sense to me.

Vote: Celina
    If you think Celina is guilty, would you think that Luce is also guilty since he prevented her lynching?

I do find a power to make someone unlynchable pretty scummy in all honesty.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I absolutely suspect Luce as well. At this point, it was basically either Celina or Luce.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's because I get visions, and the visions are a little vague as if I'm seeing something as if its happening to me. Last night I learned this is because a townie who I won't name is projecting those visions to me. I also know that this townie can continue to speak with us should they die, not useful at the moment, but just future info for you should some claims need confirmation and they bite the dust. 

So I'm actually going to point the finger back at Ssaliss because Ssaliss is who I tracked. A large, scary chimaera blocked me form learning anything as I got close to him. 
  • So... what's your point? You did something, and something else prevented it?
    Yes, that is the point. We know the doctor is dead, and this was certainly more sinister than a doctor. How plausible is it that the town has two different protectors? Possible, yes, but that would be unusually redundant. 

Alternatively, I was blocked for whatever reason. 
    I bring it up because it's a reasonable suspicion that you have an unusually large and scary Chimaera watching over you, while our doctor is dead. That I would uncover this after tracking you because I had a nagging suspicion about your loyalties is very coincidental to me. Not confirmation of anything, but since my powers are already out there, it only makes sense at this point to share what I know.

That you would ask what my point was after you specifically asked me to reveal what I had found out is also extremely off to me.  

Ssaliss said:
    So, @Saran and @Celina, what did you see this time around?

Ssaliss said:
    So... what's your point? You did something, and something else prevented it?
    Just seems really odd to ask me something, than ask me what my point is for revealing what you asked for in the first place.

VOTE: Ssaliss
  • Yes, I did ask you to reveal. However, I don't see how you being blocked from seeing anything makes me suspicious.
    It's a suspicious circumstance, how is it not? The doctor is dead. By no means concrete, but that's why it's suspicious and not confirmed.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Uh, for the record, I've never seen a governer scum-side. A mafia able to stop mafiates from being lynched would be crazy-OP.

Admittedly I'm less than useful under a lot of circumstances, but really, I'm town.

Like I said yesterday, if we need to lynch Celina to confirm her claim, so be it, but I'd still be looking toward some of the quieter members of the staff in the meantime.

Mod already called out @Xeria, but we haven't heard much substantial from @Azureus either?
  • I honestly don't see it as "crazy OP". It just means we have to take the scum-lawyer out first. Odds are you can only protect one person per day, and odds are you can't protect yourself.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's actually probably an x-times only ability, not a x-per-y type ability.  

Celina is voting Ssaliss after being voted BY Ssaliss, which always feels really sketchy to me. 
    Well, lets recall what we know.

We exposed 4 members yesterday, Saran, motion detector, Celina, tracker, Riluna the doctor and Luce in his lawyer/governer role/

We lynched the doctor, but somehow the other 3 still remained alive, albeit Celina being blocked. I think it's safe to say that the scum blocked Celina at this point rather than protected Ssaliss (because why would Ssaliss need protecting from a watcher/tracker? (I'm still getting used to all these different roles)).

Celina being the obvious choice, since Saran has been fixated on me (not without reason, since I tried to get him lynched and got him to reveal his role) and Luce probably doesn't have a night action and maybe only had a one time action.

But, they didn't kill anyone, so that's weird.

At this point, assuming Celina is correct, we have 4 people (Saran, Celina, Luce and one of which is only known to Celina) which leaves 10 people unaccounted for. Xeria, based on his absence and things happening faster than 48 hours is probably not scum too, but that's just a hunch.

I don't really know where to go from here.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Synkarin said:
    So unless someone just didn't believe Celina, it seems the scum have someone that can block people too?
    It is also possible that our townie blocker blocked her during the night for whatever reason. To test her claim, maybe? She's been pretty consistent since day 1 - her confusion with the possibility of her having a second power has thankfully been cleared up.

FOS: Ssaliss

I have the following ideas at the moment:

1.) The scum also has a blocker.
    2.) The scum also has a protector. (is this possible, experienced mafia gamers? my experience is limited to the old forums mafia)
    3.) Our townie blocker may have blocked a scum during Night 1 and blocked them again during Night 2, resulting in no scum kills.
    4.) If we hold #3 to be true, then #1 may also be true - Riluna did say that something prevented her from protecting herself during Night 1.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Honestly, I'm not sure how to defend myself. So far, the only accusation has been that Celina was blocked from tracking me, so I'm suspicious somehow.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The lack of kills from scum is the weirdest part of all this. This is maybe my second game of mafia, but them not killing at night is odd, right?
  • It is very odd, yes. Either it's a very non-standard game, or they're trying to confuse us, or we've been lucky with blocks/whatever.
  • This week got kind of crazy, and I've apparently missed a ton. I'm mostly posting this to say I aten't ded.

The lack of scum kills has been fairly unusual.

I'm currently semi inclined to believe that Celina is sincere, even though I'd have landed on the other side of the meta debate. I'm less certain of Synkarin, given his trajectory from "i'm clueless" to "everyone is scum and here's why"

Also seriously eyeing the people who encouraged the doctor lynch, although since I wasn't really here for it as it was happening, maybe it made more sense in the moment.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That was more Riluna feeling she was being trolled/attacked, people reacting on either side, and her wanting out of the game than anything else.
    I was playing clueless earlier because I thought we were being more RPish than it turned out people were being.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding things. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I just want to mention that we don't know if I was blocked or if Ssaliss was protected, which is an important distinction. The verbage of the message leads me to believe he was protected, but I can't be certain of that.

I can tell you that the chimaera that prevented me from acting on Ssaliss only showed itself when I was near to him.
    Oh, for the record, we shoudl just Lynch Xeria if she doesn't post since she dead anyways if she doesn't.
    If she's dead anyways, we'll just be wasting a potential lynch

It doesn't make much sense for Ssaliss to be 'protected' from being tracked, so you being blocked seems the more likely answer.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, let's not lynch the inactives. If they're truly inactive, they're dead anyway, and even if they weren't, they're of little to no significance. If they're town, great, they'll bolster our numbers. If they're not, well, it's not like the scum gains anything by having them alive (at least not right now).
    Well if we lynch a townie and then she gets offed by Kiradawea, we're down 2 townies. She's not really bolstering our numbers if she gets mod murdered.
  • Oh, as a point. We also don't know if the mafia have tried to hit someone who is immune to night kills(bulletproof/commuter), if they are actually trying to kill and aren't converting of course. 

If they were blocked one night and tried to hit such a person on the other night that could explain it, unless they hit the same person twice and the bulletproof isn't an x-shot. I feel like it's really unlikely that there's two protectors in a game like this, given that we've had what... six unique roles revealed so far. Which also leaves me wondering who else actually targeted Celina on the first night. Assuming that Vision was one.

What I feel should also be pointed out is that Celina is saying that Ssaliss was most likely "protected", which is interesting language as to me it implies a doctor role... which typically only "protects" from night kills, as opposed to night powers in general, which is also how the "protector" role in vengeance functions. 

If she were a tracker she should be looking at roles that could stop that role, yet she seems convinced that she was not blocked.
  • Luce said:
    Uh, for the record, I've never seen a governer scum-side. A mafia able to stop mafiates from being lynched would be crazy-OP.

Admittedly I'm less than useful under a lot of circumstances, but really, I'm town.

Like I said yesterday, if we need to lynch Celina to confirm her claim, so be it, but I'd still be looking toward some of the quieter members of the staff in the meantime.

Mod already called out @Xeria, but we haven't heard much substantial from @Azureus either?
    I don't have a lot substantial to say at the moment, honestly. Ssaliss and Celina are suspicious of each other, but neither of them has convinced me yet, and I don't have any information presently that makes me suspicious of someone else.

If Allyriane was reading catch-up, I'd be interested to see if they noticed anything from past discussions that we didn't as it was happening.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Saran said:
    Oh, as a point. We also don't know if the mafia have tried to hit someone who is immune to night kills(bulletproof/commuter), if they are actually trying to kill and aren't converting of course. 

If they were blocked one night and tried to hit such a person on the other night that could explain it, unless they hit the same person twice and the bulletproof isn't an x-shot. I feel like it's really unlikely that there's two protectors in a game like this, given that we've had what... six unique roles revealed so far. Which also leaves me wondering who else actually targeted Celina on the first night. Assuming that Vision was one.

What I feel should also be pointed out is that Celina is saying that Ssaliss was most likely "protected", which is interesting language as to me it implies a doctor role... which typically only "protects" from night kills, as opposed to night powers in general, which is also how the "protector" role in vengeance functions. 

If she were a tracker she should be looking at roles that could stop that role, yet she seems convinced that she was not blocked.
    I've actually repeatedly and explicitly stated I am not convinced, I am suspicious. You don't don't anyone any favors by continuing the past 15 pages of arguments that mostly involved one person putting words into people's mouths.