Quest Griefing

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    As if I didn't need more proof that curios are trash that negatively impact the game. When the primary (and understandable) motivation to do some of the bigger quests in the game is "I can get curios!", it's no surprise that people get upset by how often they are done.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Everiine said:
    As if I didn't need more proof that curios are trash that negatively impact the game. When the primary (and understandable) motivation to do some of the bigger quests in the game is "I can get curios!", it's no surprise that people get upset by how often they are done.
    Been saying that for a while. Curios should've stopped before the dmp buff/resistance ones. Anyone wanting to join combat and being high up there now will need to also buy curios.... and with no-one to trade with at this point, it's ridiculous to even try. If memory serves the last time I wanted to get a dmp buff curio, I ended up buying 5 100-piece packs and still didn't have enough of any one type to get even a single completed.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2013
    Curios should have stopped at the toy curios, or perhaps the magic item curios. The toy set were fun, because they were unique and had an in character motivation. The first set of ambients had no combat effect, and were (at the time) unique effects as well. All the subsequent sets have felt either samey, had major issues - combat or otherwise -, or both.

The huge number of curio sets makes getting a full curio incredibly frustrating, and trading tends to grind to a halt very quickly after a new set is released. More and more keep getting released, but I think most people are more than ready to let this particular mechanic die off.

EDIT: I collected a bunch back when it was actually possible to trade, not because I really wanted any of the new ones, but because there was an unspecified group bonus talked about, and if it was anything in line with the damage enhancement/reduction curios, I felt compelled to collect them or be left entirely behind. Now there are the afk curios that enhance your ability to bash (read: ability to win big credits in bashing contests).
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited September 2013
    Rivius said:
    Well, if there's mechanical imbalances with the quest difficulty and rewards for both sides, maybe that's something that needs fixing mechanically.
    Quite a few Magnagorans have already tried through bug reports and issues.

Rejected every time. It seems like something that doesn't need to be envoyed, but its the only way to get things changed.

Editted to add: Multiple suggestions have also been added to these bug repots and envoys, like adding in a curio for removing it. Rejected every time.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Sounds like the cosmic damage type feature again.
  • Morkarion said:
    Personally I wish people would do the Soulforge again, hell if I knew how to do it I probably would just to see how hard the supermob hits (same reason I've considered raising the Cloier in the caverns) Like Silv says, people do things for fun, or to see if they can actually do it just because it's a challenge and it's there. But when it affects other people they'll dictate your motives to you and claim you're doing it just to affect them.
    I assume you're talking about the Dread Lord of Contagion. These should work regardless of quest status:
    A) Kill all the named mobs in Duum and he'll pop out of the last one.
    B) He turns up at the Natatorium at the start of each Gibbous phase. You can watch the ritual, he's not aggro. Don't know if you can pick a fight but he'll probably have a lot of assistance if you do.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'll have to give that a shot, thanks!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• @Morkarion if you want to do soulforge... there's a way to raise it and then drop it -immediately- afterwards, causing no one harm and giving you the enjoyment of the quests. (cloier has been done with about 5 people before, it's not too bad like most other supermobs. DLC would likely wreck your face in though. It's a beast)
    --
    Spire's a neat quest. I enjoyed both sides but dismantling the spire is harder and takes more time IMO, and certainly is a real pain to be added as upkeep just so your entire org isn't impacted by it both in morale and in mechanical aspects, especially for the poor lowbies.
    I've been able to kite the DLC when it was up, but there were too many villagers around at the time, so I ended up dragging it out till it sadly despawned.

I wouldn't know how to raise it or drop it, do want to try my luck against DLC tho.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Revan said:
    Quest griefing has been in existence since thegame came out... and it was arguably much much worse back then when the likes of Amaru, Narsrim, etc were around. What goes on nowadays is like a light fluffy confection, though i do not begrudge anyone their frustrations
    This wound will never heal. You want to talk griefing over quests.... 8-|

Xenthos said:
    Note that the Wheel of Goloths quest has no mechanical negative impact on anyone (and is currently being spammed repeatedly by a person in Hallifax, with an occasional Gaudiguchian participant- I tend to pop in to see who is working on it when the world-emotes happen).
    "Person from Hallifax" here. Sorry for the noise, folks. Feel free to pass me your soulless rares, and I'll happily stop spamming you. Surely I am only the latest in the line though?

Since the only other reason that people go to Lirangsha is to influence, it is actually beneficial to the game to do the soulless side - more mobs around during that bit.

-

The biggest quest griefer is whoever is refusing to fix icewynd/forsaken.

-

Epic quests were made to be griefed and Magnagora has it the worst, by far.

-

Seriously though, getting griefed out of a quest for 1 day does suck, but at the same time, there are a lot of quests in the game, and lots that give blessings. Just do something else.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You are indeed; the point was more that it is still on-going and nobody really cares (except me, who only cares enough to check in to see who is working on it now).

The game was mostly inured to it when I would spam the good side and then set it up for Xiel to do the Goloth side... over and over. And over. Eugh.
  • I think the admin told us once that basically "Well, it doesn't make sense for dropping the Spire to be Soulless, it has nothing to do with soulless gods since it's a vernal artifact, and if you're breaking it that's totally not..really..anything!" *absolutely not direct words*, so the reason why one side has no reward is because of....roleplay reasons, apparantly.
    Talan said:

Revan said:
    Quest griefing has been in existence since thegame came out... and it was arguably much much worse back then when the likes of Amaru, Narsrim, etc were around. What goes on nowadays is like a light fluffy confection, though i do not begrudge anyone their frustrations

Xenthos said:
    Note that the Wheel of Goloths quest has no mechanical negative impact on anyone (and is currently being spammed repeatedly by a person in Hallifax, with an occasional Gaudiguchian participant- I tend to pop in to see who is working on it when the world-emotes happen).

Black winds aren't that bad, rather that than the 25 Forsaken deathsquad that everyone had to suffer.

• Marcella said:
    I think the admin told us once that basically "Well, it doesn't make sense for dropping the Spire to be Soulless, it has nothing to do with soulless gods since it's a vernal artifact, and if you're breaking it that's totally not..really..anything!" *absolutely not direct words*, so the reason why one side has no reward is because of....roleplay reasons, apparantly.

That strikes me as strange as I was under the impression from the lore in the cylinders that the fissures on the Spire were caused by a Soulless. Granted, it doesn't say anything outright but it seemed to me like they hinted that the Spire was insidiously subverted.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So I decided to log into the game for the first time in over  month and popped on over here. Glad to see the IC/OOC muddling is still prevalent, that curios are still resulting in Mags being griefed (fuck you, spire), and that everyone is a dick. Some things never change, ahh nostalgia. (I'll be going back to my cave now, the reminder as to why I hid there in the first place is greatly appreciated.)

• Man.. this brings me back to the days of the Idiots forum subsection... and Lack of Rants
  • I miss Lack of Rants.. :(

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• Oh, gods, this thread. Ahaha, I take a forum/game break for 48 hours and the thread gets 4 more pages.

Well, good thing I was gone for so long. If I weren't, I'd probably have posted "inb4 lock" somewhere in the second page and ended up looking like an idiot because my prediction didn't come true.

I need to start doing the goloth quest again. I totally ran out of steam trying to loop it for my curios. One day, faced with the choice of logging in to grind it or staying logged out and catching a nap, I found myself inclined to the latter. But I want my soulless set. Hmmm...

• Morkarion said:
    Talan said:

Revan said:

Xenthos said:

Black winds aren't that bad, rather that than the 25 Forsaken deathsquad that everyone had to suffer.
    I meant mechanically fix/reset. The quests are stuck/broken and can't be completed. It's pretty unfair, considering some people got the curios, and now no one else can. Admins always griefin' me. F the Police, etc.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    The only real way to generate the pieces is to have aggro Forsaken clusters. You can't generate them at a decent rate at any other stage of the quest chain.

Pretty sure that is what he is getting at.
    edited September 2013
    That said, broken quests make me sad.

Artificially locking things at one stage shouldn't happen; the entire point of having the system and different effects in Icewynd depending on the current phase of the war is to make the whole place feel much more fluid & dynamic (above and beyond the broke quest aspect). It is also a shame when that is not able to be pursued.
  • I wouldn't know. Like I said, it's broken. I haven't had the opportunity to do it.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited September 2013
    Talan said:

I wouldn't know. Like I said, it's broken. I haven't had the opportunity to do it.

Well, to save you a huge deal of time... you only really generate pieces in the neutral stage, and the goal is to just spam the piece generating bits (if you actually complete the quest you can no longer generate them).

If you want more details I can provide them because it is a bit annoying figuring them out the first time. But simply knowing that first part is the biggest hurdle I think.

Edit: The best part about this setup is that you can do the Ice Angel side without anyone getting irked by Zenos-on-Prime.
    Eh, it could be worse... it could be like the balloon to Lirangsha. I got stuck on the damn thing for something like 30 minutes or so. (And as far as I know, it's still broken and you can't ascend out of the balloon once you hop on)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Yep, I was stuck on it for a full hour when I tried to do it.
  • The Aetherspace epic seems stuck too. I've got the eight honours but can't proceed.

This thread's about quests griefing us, right?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    I hate it when the Talthos guy gives you clues about a particular seed not working with four of the five clusters, then tells you which one it will work with. ECONOMY OF CLUES, MAN! I KNOW HOW TO INFER!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited September 2013
    Enyalida said:
    Yep, I was stuck on it for a full hour when I tried to do it.
    Just go and chat with Newt at the top of the Facility, see if that moves it forward. I had that issue in the sixth quest along the second completion where they simply refuse to tell you what needs doing next.

EDIT: Although I don't see your Dramube honor... are you sure you completed that one?

• Thanks! I'll try that again, I think I did and then murdered everyone in the Facility when he wouldn't say anything new but it's worth a go. The Starhopper didn't help either, but that's peaced. :/

Dramube is the Planar Trader one.
  • edited September 2013
    Daraius said:
    I hate it when the Talthos guy gives you clues about a particular seed not working with four of the five clusters, then tells you which one it will work with. ECONOMY OF CLUES, MAN! I KNOW HOW TO INFER!

Hush, you, before the admin take you seriously and never do this again! :P

If it's too obvious what to do next, that's amazing, and the exact opposite of the problem I have with most quests.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."