Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Idea: make the ability imbued into divine idols (TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE) an ability able to be imbued into order ranks.

New idol ability: if you hold the idol when you (pick one of these: offer to your divine, hunt) it builds up points similar to the ur'stone's system. You may caress your attuned idol to give yourself a 4 - hour true favour from your divine at no cost to them.

The purpose of this is to (at least) allow people in inactive orders to receive favours from their divine. Sort of.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Urstone system?

I would prefer everyone is able to go to the master shrine and give themselves a favour
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Dingbat item! 25 - 50 dingbats.

A Star Projector - Can be used by non-astrologers to check nativities and the locations of heavenly bodies on dates specified. Alerts the owner, if held, if a planet is moving into a different sign. Can be turned off.
  • That'd need to be a lot more than 25-50 dingbats, considering the astrolabe costs 300 credits and won't tell you when planets move into a different sign passively. It'd probably be in the 250-300db range.
    Ssaliss said:
    That'd need to be a lot more than 25-50 dingbats, considering the astrolabe costs 300 credits and won't tell you when planets move into a different sign passively. It'd probably be in the 250-300db range.
    New idea, drop the passive alerty part I mentioned so that it's just the nativity + heavenly body checker (and so that it isn't obscenely expensive for those of us who might want one for the RPs!)
  • Only the heavenly body checker is close enough to the astrolabe to give it a price of more than 25-50cr. I'm not sure how much of a combat implication there'd be if it only allowed you to check their nativities, but odds are there wouldn't be much (if any), considering those that can make use of the nativity would already be able to check it, so that might be able to fit into that cost.
  • You can actually make your own code to do that, since planet movement is completely regular. It's a bit of a nuisance but nothing too exceptional once you get the core idea. Still, hey, paying for convenience.
  • I think the idea is to display the stars in a room, for RP purposes. Like fortune telling, and romantic star gazing.
    Daganev said:
    I think the idea is to display the stars in a room, for RP purposes. Like fortune telling, and romantic star gazing.
    This guy gets what I'm talking about. Emphasis on the fortunetelling. It's the sort of thing us players of characters who believe in divination need!
  • never liked the headache inducing concept that is Astrology anyway.
  • An artifact tail that lets any race use the WAG emote!

My psychedelic salamander mugwump has a stubby little tail and I would love to be able to wag it!
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There's the locket of changeling memories, that lets you use any racial emote.
  • Last time I tried it (year or more ago), it wouldn't let me wag my tail as a tae'dae
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Oh, right. I forgot, any race can already use the wag emote, races that have tails just get a different version. 

Clearly, the fix is to change the 'I actually have a tail' emote to TAILWAG and make it a racial emote races with tails have. Wag will always be the 'buttwiggle' emote, then.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Master Quettle has trouble with his tail, too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Marcella said:
    An artifact that lowers or removes order affinity.
    Can we revive this suggestion from a page ago? Please?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol, good luck.
  • edited November 2014
    The Mirror of <insert awesome name here>

By dropping this item in a stockroom of an aethershop, you can TOUCH it to get a reflection. That reflection can then be dropped in another stockroom to make that shop carry the exact same things the first shop does. If the second shop changes owners, the reflection is destroyed.

EDIT: Also known as "The Mirror of You know you have too many shops when..."
  • Ssaliss said:
    #firstworldlusterniaproblems
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:

By dropping this item in a stockroom of an aethershop, you can TOUCH it to get a reflection. That reflection can then be dropped in another stockroom to make that shop carry the exact same things the first shop does. If the second shop changes owners, the reflection is destroyed.

If I'm understanding this, you want to be able to sell out of the same stockroom for two or more locations?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

If I'm understanding this, you want to be able to sell out of the same stockroom for two or more locations?
    Yep, like a retail chain, quite cool actually.  :)
  • One of the things I've never understood is the hassle of running more than one shop at a time. How DO you keep track of all the stuff you have everywhere? Restocking must be a nightmare. Anyone who has more than one shop goes right into my "list-of-masochists" list.

• Shaddus said:

That's it exactly, yeah, with a couple of limitations (such as the first stockroom must be in an aethershop).
  • edited November 2014
    Lerad said:
    One of the things I've never understood is the hassle of running more than one shop at a time. How DO you keep track of all the stuff you have everywhere? Restocking must be a nightmare. Anyone who has more than one shop goes right into my "list-of-masochists" list.
    I imagine parsing a list of what is in the stockroom and comparing that against a list of what ideally is there and then restock as needed. Although I guess with potions you could have specific kegs for each, and then see what kegs have gone empty?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Lerad said:
    One of the things I've never understood is the hassle of running more than one shop at a time. How DO you keep track of all the stuff you have everywhere? Restocking must be a nightmare. Anyone who has more than one shop goes right into my "list-of-masochists" list.
    I imagine parsing a list of what is in the stockroom and comparing that against a list of what ideally is there and then restock as needed. Although I guess with potions you could have specific kegs for each, and then see what kegs have gone empty?
    That's how I do it, yeah.
  • edited November 2014
    Lerad said:
    When I ran a shop Lendren's player had an awesome addon for a mudclient he made to be able to instantly price and stock things. Once set up it literally took seconds to stock my shop full of gems, powerstones and jewellry.

🌈💕✨💖

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Harmonic Zirconia

It's like the infinite tarot card/rune artifacts, but for harmonic gems, for those of us who forget to restock. As a further convenience thing, you could make it so that it has an infinite duration and only leaves you crystalplex when you log off or a skill removes it, assuming that wouldn't be a relevant combat buff to researchers.

I don't actually know how Illuminati work, but if they're main skill works similarly to Harmonics, then they should get an equivalent.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited November 2014
    @Estarra I thought of some whimsical things!

Wassail goblets (as a curio) from leprechauns, gives you buffs, but also makes you sing naughty limericks involving the holiday season.

Yuletide plant curios, segments create special gnome wreathes equaling some sort of buff.

Various nutcrackers, sugar plum fairies, gnome wreathes (via yuletide plant collecting) curios - You could go wild with these.

Yuletide-themed dirigibles, like fae, pixies, toy soldiers, an undead mix-mash of oozing yule leftovers - They deliver your stuff for you with holiday cheer.

Holiday dolls depicting our active, current Divine with obviously something witty to say, maybe all gussied up for the holidays?

Scarves for each organization which gives them the illusion of being all dressed in holiday fashion or couture. (Customized Look?) For example,
    you could have a special holiday tree scarf of some sort, that would give a look that the person was a wildewood decked out with decorations and all the glitter and so forth.

Can we have a bad santa gnome like from Futurama for our Christmas villain? I think that would be hilarious or...Just plain awesome.

I probably have more ideas, but I'll add them later.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Portius said:
    Harmonic Zirconia

It's like the infinite tarot card/rune artifacts, but for harmonic gems, for those of us who forget to restock. As a further convenience thing, you could make it so that it has an infinite duration and only leaves you crystalplex when you log off or a skill removes it, assuming that wouldn't be a relevant combat buff to researchers.

I don't actually know how Illuminati work, but if they're main skill works similarly to Harmonics, then they should get an equivalent.
    Heavily doubting on the permanence. I could see it working for spinning, though.

Illuminati work in a similar fashion, although their fleshcraft manifestations take more than one reagent (type of flesh), and their entities are actual critters, not part of a crystalplex. Still, I'm certain there are specific types that might be worthwhile having unlimited supplies of.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    I think it's been suggested before, but I'd buy a few one-use artifacts that increases a ship's flashpoint capacity by one.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."