Artifact Ideas

Comments

• I just found out that there are 3 potential new purchasable races:

Agnomenon, Fininkora, Carakhan, Luriki and Panamandius

Are the gods that went into aetherspace, So whatever races those correlate to could work.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well you need to strike off Carakhan, because she was found and thus obviously not sharded.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Why not just have gnome/fink/Sileni race hats?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shaddus said:
    Why not just have gnome/fink/Sileni race hats?
    I'm cool with hats

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Daganev said:
    I just found out that there are 3 potential new purchasable races:

Agnomenon, Fininkora, Carakhan, Luriki and Panamandius

Are the gods that went into aetherspace, So whatever races those correlate to could work.
    Ah now THIS is an interesting piece of lore. Truth be told, we arent actually sure how it is Agnomenon and Fininkora somehow sharded when they got caught up in the mess of being transported to the void and the aetherbubble spires exploding, it's quite odd. I've always personally had a small soft spot for Panamandius (other than his name sounding like Pandemonium >>) and have actually inquired in the past about him (only to be informed that maybe one day his story will be told *shakefist Kalikai*).

Looking at aether races, you cant really pinpoint any others that may be the shardlings of one of these gods. Gnomes and Finks are quite apparently and everyone had already assumed they were the shardlings of the two previously mentioned (before it became fact). With the discovery of Carakhan, it puts new hope that the others may have also somehow survived. Time will tell.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2014
    Flute of the Lost Spirits - Play this flute and for one hour a day, ghosts have a chance of emerging from the corpses of denizens you slay.

Web of Aether strands - Makes the power cost of aethersight 0.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Skye said:
    I'm hopelessly in love with useless utility artifacts.

Hot Stud

You're the talk of the town! While worn, any time anybody says your name, this piece of jewelry will heat up, sending your ear burning. If the speaker is in the same area as you, you will also know who mentioned you.
    I'll agree with useless utility... mind you, that one was mentioned some time back too... but I definitely disagree with the name of who mentioned you bit.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Near useless, but not entirely. For instance: It's a combat standoff, all of the sudden you get 5 tingles all in the space of a second... You're being targeted over a clan!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Enyalida said:
    Near useless, but not entirely. For instance: It's a combat standoff, all of the sudden you get 5 tingles all in the space of a second... You're being targeted over a clan!
    Then people start doing it on purpose to make you nervous, or start using codenames for you.

Which could be pretty fun.

"Slay the sparrow!"
    Elanorwen said:
    Skye said:

Hot Stud

You're the talk of the town! While worn, any time anybody says your name, this piece of jewelry will heat up, sending your ear burning. If the speaker is in the same area as you, you will also know who mentioned you.
    I'll agree with useless utility... mind you, that one was mentioned some time back too... but I definitely disagree with the name of who mentioned you bit.
    I know, poor form to double post. But an idea: what if using aethersight (that is the skill, right, that tells you if you're being looked at and by who?) shows you the name of the person?
  • We want to add more dingbat items this month! Let us know what you want! (Probably won't do more races but I won't take that off the table--we were actually discussing sileni before deciding on fink/gnomes.)
    Estarra said:
    We want to add more dingbat items this month! Let us know what you want! (Probably won't do more races but I won't take that off the table--we were actually discussing sileni before deciding on fink/gnomes.)
    <something> of <someone>

Allows the user to escape from a Manse to the Aetherplex once/IG month (To save people from getting trapped behind a reinforced door/monoliths) - requires that the user be unable to be masochistic at the time of use.

Box of Nocht's essence (Could probably make a generic version instead and make it an order-customizable item for extra flavor like the beads/font?)

Opening and tilting the box would release some of the Silent Lord's essence into the location, infusing the room with silence for the next five minutes, making the room silent/noemote. Usable once per lusternian day?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Estarra said:
    We want to add more dingbat items this month! Let us know what you want! (Probably won't do more races but I won't take that off the table--we were actually discussing sileni before deciding on fink/gnomes.)
    <something> of <someone>

Allows the user to escape from a Manse to the Aetherplex once/IG month (To save people from getting trapped behind a reinforced door/monoliths) - requires that the user be unable to be masochistic at the time of use.

Box of Nocht's essence (Could probably make a generic version instead and make it an order-customizable item for extra flavor like the beads/font?)

Opening and tilting the box would release some of the Silent Lord's essence into the location, infusing the room with silence for the next five minutes, making the room silent/noemote. Usable once per lusternian day?

Why would you need to be unable to be masochistic? Or is it a typo and you mean "have to be able to be masochistic"? I mean, having been attacked in the last 30s (I think?) in a manse sounds like a pretty narrow requirement...
    Estarra said:
    To the best of my knowledge, to use the stage of your org you need to have someone give you permissions to it. If possible, could we get an upgrade for the stenographer or something like the stenographer, but for recording actions and says as if for a play? To make transcripts?

With a focused look, you say, "As Yxalde: There is nothing more in life I would want than this."

You fall silent and pace back and forth pensively.

Slowly coming to a stop, you say, "No, need."

You say, "As Zalallia."

You watches Yxalde with a great deal of interest though concern is evident on her features.

You say, "Do you truly think so?"

Which, after putting a scroll into the machine (not a letter!) would come out as:

Yxalde: (with a focused look) There is nothing more in life I would want than this. (fall silent and pace back and forth pensively)
    Yxalde: (slowly coming to a stop) No, need.
    Zalallia: (watches Yxalde with a great deal of interest though concern is evident on her features) Do you truly think so?

I guess this would be a pretty hard one to do, even if you're capturing the room at the time. But it was a thought. If I had dingbats I'd dish for a 100db upgrade to the stenographer for this. After getting 75 db to get the stenographer in the first place.
  • Enyalida said:
    I was thinking literally just says.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Selenity said:
    Enyalida said:
    Then people start doing it on purpose to make you nervous, or start using codenames for you.

Which could be pretty fun.

"Slay the sparrow!"

That's exactly what happens in Aetolia, re: making people nervous. It's hilarious.

The stneographer thing would be an amazing addition to bookbinders or tinkers (or both, in different incarnations). Basically adding IC versions of logs, neat.
  • Mechanical Aetherscope

Allows you to TRANSPECT a planar rift or nexus, effectively LOOKing at its other side.
    Ssaliss said:
    Why would you need to be unable to be masochistic? Or is it a typo and you mean "have to be able to be masochistic"? I mean, having been attacked in the last 30s (I think?) in a manse sounds like a pretty narrow requirement...
    Yeah, must be masochistic... somehow things got confused there.

• Estarra said:
    How about more dingbat mounts? I'm thinking wolves, bears, bats, scorpions and large cats. Of course they'd need to be somewhat fancy to justify the cost but we have a lot of fantastical creatures but I'd like to see more 'normal' ones.

Or if you want the more whimsical approach how about riding and flying contraptions? I suppose it might get awkward with some of the beast skills but then again we have mechanical goats ingame so something more in line of that? Thinking possibly gnome tech here.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited November 2014
    Transplanting this from the other thread:

A portable disposal bin charm on a keyring. For when you can't get to your nexus.

Customisable charms to collect.

(Orventa's would obviously be)

A  whimsical skysilver keyring bearing a glass shadhahvar charm.

The shadhahvar charm is so lifelike you almost swear it could move. The diamond eyes seem to have a life all their own. It's as if they were searching for food. You aren't really sure, but you could have sworn you saw it stick its tongue out to lick its lips. Were it alive you would judge the shadhahvar charm's condition to be starving! It looks slightly drowsy and grumpy.

The charm has multiple conditions which can be seen by examining or probing.

Starving: The shadhahvar charm will fall asleep/go dormant if it is starving too long and will not accept trash. Projects chewing on your clothes to indicate hunger. But not to worry, you can always turn it back on when you need it again.
    Hungry: The shadhahvar charm functions as normal.
    Average: The shadhahvar charm functions as normal. No atmospheric projections.
    Healthy: The shadhahvar charm functions as normal. Random atmospheric projection/s
    Fat and well-fed: The shadhahvar charm functions as normal.

Its status degrades over time. Feed it regularly to keep it active (but there is no harm in not feeding it..other than maybe it biting you). It is not possible to harm it by
    over-feeding.

Actions:
    POINT charm at <object> -- Pointing your shadhahvar charm at <object>, you indicate the scrumptious morsel is for him if he would like it. Without hesitation he greedily snatches at the <object> and gobbles it down!
    STROKE charm -- Puts the charm to sleep, ending any messaging... Won't accept trash when asleep.
    TICKLE charm -- Wakes the charm up, so it is ready to accept trash again.

Also, yes, more dingbat mounts! Animal and vehicular!

Or... this may be a stretch, but a BeastMaster's License: Allows you to create ONE ig custom beast (approval required by Divine of course), no inherents, that you can have sold to the general populace somewhere ig. Has three life stages (egg/stasisfield,adolescent,adult). Or maybe just 1 lifestage (adult) You DON'T get any of the db from sales. But you get more warm and fuzzy feelings of having something ig that people can enjoy?

Other ideas percolating...

Edit Ideas stashed away:

-Everlasting Amber Varnish : When applied, makes paintings permanent objects and moveable (ie- you want to exhibit your favourite painting in a different room in your manse) Can include enchanted paintings, but only in manses.

-Graven Brazier of the Ancients : Similar to Pneumatic Hookah, though allows for combinations of flowers and oils to be transformed into grains or cones of incense which can then be burned in the brazier. In addition to roomwide scent emote, can provide increased potency/effectiveness of worn influencing oils (BLESS with INCENSE) for x amount of time. Requires flowers, coal and/or oil commodities.

-Jugglies: Customizable to whatever you wish to juggle, (ie. baby geese, lobsters, oranges, hamsters, etc) can change once a lusternian day. Various messages on success of juggling.
    EDIT: custom includes short desc and long desc, but with a limit of character/lines.

-Postmaster's Bell: Allows for custom delivery message for manse post offices. (like bats/owls/wakabi/harried trill/orb that the cities/communes have)

- Pilgrim's Badge: Touch to customize to your Order, instant teleport to your God's Fulcrux

- Florist's Ribbon: Allows you to make a bouquet, boutonniere, corsage, wreath, circlet or lei out of flowers to give to friends. Bouquets can be TOSSED. Wreaths can be EXIBITted with Arts exhibit. All other types can be worn like normal flowers. (Types that can be used: Rose, Lily, Poppy, Carnation, Freesias, Skybloom, Kouseki, Lotus, Orchid, Iris, Iceflower etc). Use: ARRANGE (flower) (bouquet/circlet/etc). Ex. ARRANGE (twilight blue rose) bouquet = A bouquet of twilight blue roses. or Arrange lavender skybloom boutonniere = A lavender skybloom boutonniere

-Puzzler's Pack/Satchel: 100 item slow decay capacity pack that locks and unlocks with a special combination of actions/ random for each owner. (I.e. You close your satchel allowing the complicated fastenings to snap into place, sealing it. You poke your satchel and the complex fastenings shift and move beneath your touch. You tug the fastenings on your satchel. They snap into place and it opens!)

- Themed Marionettes
    - Jack in the box type item that you can crank and randomly chooses a person to **Boo!** at
    - Pinata that you can fill, chance of Czgainy coin

- A hatbox with random silly hats to wear
    -Jewel dragon that randomly slithers around the wearer's body to become an earring/necklace/bracelet/armband/anklet/ring/belt/mantle

- Vaboz's Apiary/Honey Jar- Generates tasty honeycombs each month, can't be used on fae
    - Brilliant Bonzai Planter - Allows planting of apples, lemons, acorns/moonhart nuts and powderfruit to produce a small tree of the same. Gives 1-2 fruits a month, edible.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited November 2014
    Estarra said:
    *GASP*

You truly are omnipresent.

--------------------------------------

Skye said:

Hot Stud

I've seen this in Aetolia. It....really didnt do much but create widespread paranoia...and they didnt even have it show names. I can only picture the grip someone would gain on social speaking if they knew whenever and whomever said their name.

As for ideas, here are some I came up with

Artifact Ideas:

A gaudiguch afterparty pill: Take this pill once a day to cleanse your body of all alcoholic residue, thus leaving room for more!

A glittering hairbrush: Hair can be such trouble to maintain, be sure to have this useful item to make sure your hair takes on a glossy sheen. It will also increase the boost you get from wearing a wig.

Lumber-saw: Have some extra lumber from a good day of chopping? With this useful saw, you can carve them down into wood commodities (truly not sure why this isnt already a possibility :( )

Birthday cake: Celebrate with a birthday cake by blowing out the candles and make a wish (not literally) on your birthday (character birthday)! It must be your birthday for this to actually work. You may receive a lovely gift!.....or the candles may have actually been dynamite.

Gnomish optical sensor lens: Wear these high-tech glasses and activate them to see all hidden exits for the next 15 minutes. Has a balance cost.

Going a bit dark:

A scale of Illith: While in position of this scale, you will be infused with a small aspect of soulless energies, giving you the ability to consume corpses for sustenance (like carrion for necromancy).

Arcanis said:

Gnomish optical sensor lens: Wear these high-tech glasses and activate them to see all hidden exits for the next 15 minutes. Has a balance cost.
    Spectacles of Seeing (a pair of thin spectacles): 400 credits
       - Always succeed in seeing secret exits
       - Allows you to glance and observe in a room with no equilibrium loss.

• Elanorwen said:
    Arcanis said:

Spectacles of Seeing (a pair of thin spectacles): 400 credits
       - Always succeed in seeing secret exits
       - Allows you to glance and observe in a room with no equilibrium loss.

That wouldn't be the same though. His suggestion is that you wouldn't have to use SECRETS at all, while (unless I've misunderstood something) the spectacles always makes SECRET show all hidden exits.
    Ssaliss said:
    That wouldn't be the same though. His suggestion is that you wouldn't have to use SECRETS at all, while (unless I've misunderstood something) the spectacles always makes SECRET show all hidden exits.
    I thought it might be different, but I rather doubt it would be done considering there already exists an artifact that boosts SECRETS. That Being that the other one would give you access to every secret exit without the need to use balance in every room, the old one becomes obsolete, even though it gives a glance/observe boost (Not that glance/observe balance is that high anyway) As such I rather doubt his idea will be made manifest.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That artifact is just about worthless though. It could use some repurposing.
  • I was pretty upset when I got the spectacles and found out I still had to type SECRETS and lose balance.  Especially now with the map showing most secret exits anyways.
    Daganev said:
    I was pretty upset when I got the spectacles and found out I still had to type SECRETS and lose balance.  Especially now with the map showing most secret exits anyways.
    There are secret exits shown on the map? That's news to me. Some perhaps. Most? Nope, not even close.

• Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    I was pretty upset when I got the spectacles and found out I still had to type SECRETS and lose balance.  Especially now with the map showing most secret exits anyways.
    There are secret exits shown on the map? That's news to me. Some perhaps. Most? Nope, not even close.
    On the HTML5 client, most secret rooms are shown on the map.