Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Boots of Cruising - Gives access to a buff that drops when in combat (like masochism getting disabled when taking player damage) that totally negates the effect of weather on movespeed.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    An item to allow you to marry people together.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    A node miniature - set the node in a room, it will explode after X seconds dealing the same damage as the halli/gaudi power node

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

what no
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Anita said:
    Beehive for the manse: one of those gems, but it makes honey. Not honeycombs, still need to go to Faethorn for those. But honey. Which will then be made a comm so we can use it for cooking. Hoooooney.
    BUMP BUMP BUMP

Also this would make wax. Honey and wax. Hoooooneeeeyyyy. ;-;
  • Kiakodan Pollen - when held in the inventory, anyone who says the user's name will make the user sneeze. If you want this to be even more fun, allow it to work off tells and channels as well

For the record... if this gets implemented everyone involved will regret it. At least if it ends up working the same way as MKO's token item does. Person who buys it gets spammed, gods get annoyed because.

People who don't buy it will love it, though! Best way to drive somebody nuts is to convince them to buy one of these :D
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    An artifact that lets you get a karma blessing without having to run to the caves. Make it a disc that you can purchase the pieces of, and each piece allows you to get a different karma blessing.
    A ticket that will allow us to customize a guild ent. PLEASE.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Zouviqil said:
    An artifact that lets you get a karma blessing without having to run to the caves. Make it a disc that you can purchase the pieces of, and each piece allows you to get a different karma blessing.
    There's an artifact that exists that already gets you quick teleport access to every cave.

With the introduction of whips, I know someone mentioned this earlier, but is it possible to have a Chromatic Tattoo? Uses up one of your 100 weight slots, and gives +10 DMP to any singular type of damage output, changeable to a different type once per IG day.

As for a new idea

Atropos' Display of Macabre Variety : The option to program one damaging attack with up to five different custom death lines (note not deathsights, just the text you get when you kill a mob/person. This does not change the text of the actual attack itself, just the line that comes up for the killing blow. All future kills will draw from this pool of customised lines at random.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Polly's Packet Press (not a good name) - spend 100 gold to seal a letter. After being mailed, it can only be initially opened by the person it was sent to (it can be read as normal afterwards). The sender receives a message when the letter is read. (Shaddus has opened letter 83838 which you sealed and mailed to him).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:
    Polly's Packet Press (not a good name) - spend 100 gold to seal a letter. After being mailed, it can only be initially opened by the person it was sent to (it can be read as normal afterwards). The sender receives a message when the letter is read. (Shaddus has opened letter 83838 which you sealed and mailed to him).
    I want this as an enchantment for personal seals. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • The solution is simple then. Make it a rune that attaches to personal seals. Would also make the seals (or chops? I can never keep those apart) permanent.
    edited March 2014
    Custom Beepbeep toys that can be used 10 times before disappearing.

Sileni Hooves - gives you the Stag Bolting skill. 

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ssaliss said:

The solution is simple then. Make it a rune that attaches to personal seals. Would also make the seals (or chops? I can never keep those apart) permanent.

I think chop, seal, and stamp are all interchangeable. Don't see why they couldn't be permanent, but they're only 10 comms to make anyhow.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's just how stamps should work, sans upgrade.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    A catalog artifact that allows the user to view all designs, public or cartel specific, that are flagged as having been designed by them - regardless of person's trade, or membership/lack thereof in said cartel.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    A catalog artifact that allows the user to view all designs, public or cartel specific, that are flagged as having been designed by them - regardless of person's trade, or membership/lack thereof in said cartel.
    Oh please! That would be awesome :(

• I would love an artifact that is basically a super powerstone. Something has no limit to the power it can hold (power could be added like a energy cube)

While rather specific, I would like a Shamanism artifact that allows me to change the weather beyond the current limits that are imposed by natural weather systems (For example, I could make it below 0 during the summer months). The effects would last a IG day.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ayisdra said:
    I would love an artifact that is basically a super powerstone. Something has no limit to the power it can hold (power could be added like a energy cube)

While rather specific, I would like a Shamanism artifact that allows me to change the weather beyond the current limits that are imposed by natural weather systems (For example, I could make it below 0 during the summer months). The effects would last a IG day.

Imprint Icewynd, it is always below 0 there. Then transfer imprint. That said... why would you want to charge a powerstone? So you'd spend an hour or so charging your arti powerstone from normal powerstones, only to later use it to charge a cube from? I don't follow what the point of this is.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Powerplex jewels already work like a super powerstone, given that they recharge every month AND also channel some power into your reserves. They don't go past 100%, but then you can always buy more than 1. It seems reduntant to recharge a super powerstone from a cube someone enchanted using powerstones only to channel the power into something else (possibly even another cube!). Powerstones are easy to come by and very, very cheap these days.

• Elanorwen said:
    Ayisdra said:
    I would love an artifact that is basically a super powerstone. Something has no limit to the power it can hold (power could be added like a energy cube)

Imprint Icewynd, it is always below 0 there. Then transfer imprint. That said... why would you want to charge a powerstone? So you'd spend an hour or so charging your arti powerstone from normal powerstones, only to later use it to charge a cube from? I don't follow what the point of this is.
    The Shamanism idea is for natural weather, not demesne. Unless you can imprint over natural weather... as for the powerstone, see my answer below

Lavinya said:
    Powerplex jewels already work like a super powerstone, given that they recharge every month AND also channel some power into your reserves. They don't go past 100%, but then you can always buy more than 1. It seems reduntant to recharge a super powerstone from a cube someone enchanted using powerstones only to channel the power into something else (possibly even another cube!). Powerstones are easy to come by and very, very cheap these days.
    Yes, but there are a few times that I have had to use more than one powerstone for whatever (be it totemcarving or sometimes trade related skills), thus having something that goes over 100% would be nice. It is more about reducing the number of powerstones (or I guess powerplex) I carry around for things that use powerstones rather than it is about charging a cube.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Imprint doesn't, and it's not always below 0 in Icewynd. The way imprint works is pretty darn wonky.
    On average, I carry 20 powerstones on me at all times. Never had a problem, not sure how it is for you... never mind that I'm willing to bet my inventory is much more cluttered than yours. Also.... yes, something going past 100% would allow you to keep going without having to rewield, but still.... maybe rather than having multiple powerplex, propose upgrading powerplex to double, triple, quadruple and even quintuple the size/personal power income so that instead of carrying 5, you can just have 1. Not sure exactly how it's coded, but it could be easier to implement than creating a brand new item that can act as a cube to be charged from a powerstone/powerplex, then used as a powerstone/powerplex.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    On average, I carry 20 powerstones on me at all times. Never had a problem, not sure how it is for you... never mind that I'm willing to bet my inventory is much more cluttered than yours. Also.... yes, something going past 100% would allow you to keep going without having to rewield, but still.... maybe rather than having multiple powerplex, propose upgrading powerplex to double, triple, quadruple and even quintuple the size/personal power income so that instead of carrying 5, you can just have 1. Not sure exactly how it's coded, but it could be easier to implement than creating a brand new item that can act as a cube to be charged from a powerstone/powerplex, then used as a powerstone/powerplex.
    I wouldn't mind if it was an upgrade to powerplex. I just figured having something that recharges to, for example, 500% each IG month might a bit too much for the admin to allow.
    Ayisdra said:
    Elanorwen said:
    I wouldn't mind if it was an upgrade to powerplex. I just figured having something that recharges to, for example, 500% each IG month might a bit too much for the admin to allow.
    You can have that with five powerplex jewels, and it also adds 25% of personal reserves to you up to 125% personal.

• Instead of having it be rechargable from a cube, make it rechargable by folding other powerstones into it, with a cap of 1000% (or 10 powerstones worth). Would both de-clutter inventories and allow us to use almost-drained powerstones for other things than designs or figurines.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Jesus, this is artifact ideas, instead of shooting them down, why not suggest ways to improve upon them, @Elanorwen‌, you don't always have to be Debbie downer

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Pointing out flaws in an idea is one of helping to improve it - can't fix faults you aren't aware of.
    Synkarin said:
    Jesus, this is artifact ideas, instead of shooting them down, why not suggest ways to improve upon them, @Elanorwen‌, you don't always have to be Debbie downer
    I was going to say something snarky here, but I'll refrain. The fact that I mentioned an upgrade to powerplex jewels so that one can just carry a single powerplex and get the effect of five should've been plenty enough to show that I wasn't just trying to shoot it down, but was instead helping with a way to improve it. But hey... let's read two words and then jump down someone's throat.