Oldhammer Mafia!

Comments

• Wait.... How did you use your power already?  It's only day 1, there was no night
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 9:15 PM EST on Saturday, September 21st.

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Arix)
    Alexandria-1 (Coraline)
    Arix-2 (Zitto, Sylandra)

With 7 Old Worlders alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Zitto said:
    I misunderstood my power, and it works during the day.
    @Coraline

@Sylandra's question made me review my power, and I realized I had not read carefully. My power is a single-use investigator power that confirms whether someone is a vanilla townie. People count as vanilla if they have used up a one-shot power. I cannot confirm Arix is scum, but 100% can confirm he is lying about being vanilla. As before, I encourage Day One lynching based on this because if I am lying you can lynch me tomorrow.
  • Coraline is asking when you used your power. We don't see any obvious post that says you were using a power. Unless you are able to use your power privately without the rest of us knowing you did.
  • @Ayisdra

I use the power privately. It would be trivial to confirm myself as town otherwise.
  • While it does seem a bit odd that Zitto is able to use his power privately during the day, I am more include to believe that Arix is lying about being powerless.

Vote: Arix

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Arix)
    Alexandria-1 (Coraline)
    Arix-3 (Zitto, Sylandra, Ayisdra)

• There's a certain fittingness to the witchfinder always turning up witches that makes me willing to lunch Arix here on the basis that none of us are vanilla. Also the worst case scenario in a mislynch is that we have lost a powerless person, and will know to lynch Zitto tomorrow.

Not going to vote quite yet, so Arix has time to respond.

I am still skeptical of Alexandria's claim, but if I squint I can see some logic to I see that something happened in either direction, sylandra sees what that something was in one direction and Alexandria sees who the something was.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • Once again, lunch should be lynch.
  • Zitto's claims are all over the place and that makes me not want to vote with him. The only reason I'm not voting Zitto is because, like he said, if Arix turns out to be town we can lynch him tomorrow (so it's a huge gamble). Also I'm still suspicious of Alexandria's claim.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    Zitto's claims are all over the place and that makes me not want to vote with him. The only reason I'm not voting Zitto is because, like he said, if Arix turns out to be town we can lynch him tomorrow (so it's a huge gamble). Also I'm still suspicious of Alexandria's claim.
    We won't know whether Arix is vanilla town tomorrow if we don't lynch him today, because as previously discussed, the game will end by the end of N2 if no scum are eliminated and nobody is saved. You have to lynch today to see know whether or not I'm lying. If we don't lynch today, you're betting the entire game on a correct scum read tomorrow. Speaking from experience in the previous game, that is not a good situation to be in.
  • Also, save for Arix and Ayisdra, everyone has claimed to have a power. And I know that I'm not a vanilla townie either. Unless Ayisdra is the vanilla townie, it makes no sense for Zitto to have that power if Arix is lying.

Also, maybe it's different in this game, but usually day powers work like you get the investigation result revealed at the end of the day? How can he check privately while the discussion is going on... My sleep deprived brain is confused.
  • Zitto said:
    Coraline said:
    Zitto's claims are all over the place and that makes me not want to vote with him. The only reason I'm not voting Zitto is because, like he said, if Arix turns out to be town we can lynch him tomorrow (so it's a huge gamble). Also I'm still suspicious of Alexandria's claim.
    We won't know whether Arix is vanilla town tomorrow if we don't lynch him today, because as previously discussed, the game will end by the end of N2 if no scum are eliminated and nobody is saved. You have to lynch today to see know whether or not I'm lying. If we don't lynch today, you're betting the entire game on a correct scum read tomorrow. Speaking from experience in the previous game, that is not a good situation to be in.
    I am open to test out this theory. But it seems like there's 3 votes already and Carakhan is just holding off for Arix to respond. If he takes too long to respond and Carakhan doesn't vote him by that time, I can pitch in. But your claims are still so messy 
  • Coraline said:
    Also, save for Arix and Ayisdra, everyone has claimed to have a power. And I know that I'm not a vanilla townie either. Unless Ayisdra is the vanilla townie, it makes no sense for Zitto to have that power if Arix is lying.
    Per my previous e-mail, people who use up a limited use-power would have read as vanilla to me. Actually, in case I get murdered tonight, my suggestion for tomorrow is Coraline because she is swinging for the fences trying to fight my murder/suicide lynch pact with Arix.
  • Also meant to point out she was the only person who refused to claim.
  • Coraline said:
    Also, save for Arix and Ayisdra, everyone has claimed to have a power. And I know that I'm not a vanilla townie either. Unless Ayisdra is the vanilla townie, it makes no sense for Zitto to have that power if Arix is lying.

Also, maybe it's different in this game, but usually day powers work like you get the investigation result revealed at the end of the day? How can he check privately while the discussion is going on... My sleep deprived brain is confused.
    Ayisdra has power claimed as the agitator. Some people have claimed one shot powers, so presumably Zitto would read those as vanilla once they had fired. If Ayisdra had claimed vanilla town I would be more willing to buy arixs claim, but only one powerless person in a game where all the powers focus on who used what when seems odd. Arix belatedly jumping on Sylandra when not everyone had claimed yet and she had was also kind of fishy.

I'm with you that Zitto has been a bit all over the place with his claim, but sometimes mistakes really do happen. And we can lynch him tomorrow.

• Carakhan said:
    Coraline said:

Ayisdra has power claimed as the agitator. Some people have claimed one shot powers, so presumably Zitto would read those as vanilla once they had fired. If Ayisdra had claimed vanilla town I would be more willing to buy arixs claim, but only one powerless person in a game where all the powers focus on who used what when seems odd. Arix belatedly jumping on Sylandra when not everyone had claimed yet and she had was also kind of fishy.

I'm with you that Zitto has been a bit all over the place with his claim, but sometimes mistakes really do happen. And we can lynch him tomorrow.

Oh I had missed Ayisdra's post where he claimed Agitator. 

This logic makes sense to me. Even though Zitto's claims are messy, we can still test this out and if we lose Arix and he's a powerless townie as he claimed, it wouldn't be a loss. 

I am willing to lynch Arix. Unless we have decided to give some time for @Arix to respond
  • In general I am pro giving someone accused the chance to post between when the first vote on the train is cast and the last one is, mostly a courtesy, especially since we have over 24 hours left. 
  • Okay. I can vote him if he doesn't respond by tomorrow morning (EST) so he has all night to respond
  • I'm inclined to lynch Arix too, but I suppose we'll give him a chance and see what he has to say. No point in rushing things when we have time to spare.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I was told I have no active powers, so unless having a nonstandard win condition makes me not vanilla, then Zitto is lying
  • Also unvote
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yeah wondering if @Arix can still justify his vote for me as more than an OMGUS. Kinda doubt he’s got a good argument, but it’s good sportsmanship to let him speak.

...Man. How crazy would it be if Arix flips vanilla town and Zitto was just a paranoid cop? That would be such a bastard move for Portius to do that I only am willing to entertain it as a joke—would totally hand scum the game.

Anyway, if Zitto’s investigation rings true, I think we will have a good idea of which fish to fry tomorrow. I’ll be interested in seeing the logic puzzle that shakes out.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

VOTES

Alexandria-1 (Coraline)
    Arix-3 (Zitto, Sylandra, Ayisdra)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    I was told I have no active powers, so unless having a nonstandard win condition makes me not vanilla, then Zitto is lying
    So why not vote Zitto?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Because I went to bed and woke up to 46 posts I had to sort through first
  • I am going to vote Zitto, but at this point you're all going to believe him regardless so @Carakhan might as well push the lynch since that's likely the only proof I can give
  • I am very okay with pushing lynch on someone with a nonstandard win condition. Those are pretty dangerous for town, generally.

vote: Arix

VOTES

Alexandria-1 (Coraline)
    Arix-4 (Zitto, Sylandra, Ayisdra. Carakahn)
    Zitto-1 (Arix)

LYNCH!

It's time for a good old fashioned lynching at the lynching tree! An angry mob drags Arix down the street. You string him up, then pull him down and burn the body. Can't be too careful, you know?

Arix was...The Peasant!

httpsvignettewikianocookienetwarhammerfbimages770Peasantjpgrevisionlatestcb20161115033313

Coward: Look, things are crazy out there. They're crazy everywhere. This whole place is crazy. You're not a hero. You just want to stay alive long enough to get out of town. You win if you survive until the end of the game!

Peasant: You are the very foundation of the imperial economy! You know that the town faction is called Imperial, but have no active powers.
    --------------------
    It is now Night One! The night ends at 6:15 PM EST on Saturday, September 21st.
    The sun rises over a town that smells suspiciously of rat urine. You find Alexandria dead in the streets, with swarms of vermin gnawing on her flesh. Hm. Must be the local gang roughing people up for not paying protection money. After all, the ratmen are widely accepted to be a myth. The fact that rats are everywhere right now is clearly a coincidence.

Alexandria was...The Watchman!

httpsvignettewikianocookienetwarhammerfbimages00eWatchmanjpgrevisionlatestcb20161220225311
    Who watches the watchman? Nobody, you live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Not as bad as it sounds. Minimal oversight, plenty of opportunity to take bribes, and the occasional traveling merchant to extort with the most ridiculous laws you can make up. It beats farming.

Imperial: You are a loyal subject of the Empire of Man! You win when all of the scum are dead.

Watching Men: You like to keep an eye on things, so you know which people are worth fining and extorting. Once, at night, you may WATCH X to see who targeted that player but not what the powers were.
    ------------------
    Be aware that, in a break from past games, I am not giving night action flavor text to people who were targeted. I am pointing this out on the assumption that people will assume that I am and get confused.
    -------------------
    It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 6:15 PM EST on Tuesday, September 24th.

VOTES

With 5 Old Worlders alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch!