Oldhammer Mafia!

Comments

• I am the Watchman (Watchwoman? Watchlady? Watchwench? I feel some missed opportunities here). I'll be keeping an eye on who's visiting who tonight. Am I a peeper, a stalker, or just plain bored? Who knows. (It me. I know. I'm the Watchman. Duh.

I'm a townie townsperson. Let's hear some more noise, eh? I like some action to spy on.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Curses. I missed a closing bracket. My entire witty post is ruined. Sob.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Throwing out random votes is a sign of Chaos. VOTE SYLANDRA
  • also I am a peasant, I don't have powers
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    Throwing out random votes is a sign of Chaos. VOTE SYLANDRA
    What else do you propose I do day one! I don’t gave a popular scapegoat like you guys!

I’m surprised you’re voting me after I already claimed, though. Do you really think the second person to claim would be a mafia with no night intel?

Alexandria said:
    I am the Watchman (Watchwoman? Watchlady? Watchwench? I feel some missed opportunities here). I'll be keeping an eye on who's visiting who tonight. Am I a peeper, a stalker, or just plain bored? Who knows. (It me. I know. I'm the Watchman. Duh.

I'm a townie townsperson. Let's hear some more noise, eh? I like some action to spy on.
    I’m a little suspicious just because our roles are so similar! But I will buy the possibility we both exist in this setup.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • unvote:Ayisdra
    vote @Alexandria

You see, I am the beggar. I can watch someone and if anyone else visits them, or if they go visiting, I know. (I don't know which happened, who it was or what powers were used, but I do know that hat something happened)

My power and Sylandra's fit neatly together and there may be a third to round it out, but I doubt it's some highfalutin watchman. 

( I do think we should hold off on a lynch until our fellows come forward with their roles)
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
    !!!! The plot thickens!

unvote Arix

I am willing to believe Carakhan because if she’s scum, this double claim would be a guaranteed way to get lynched tomorrow.

vote Alexandria

Also Zitto’s role suggests vanilla roles like Arix’s will be in play.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I also believe Carakhan. vote Alexandria

According to my role and the roles mentioned by others, "Beggar" seems more in theme than "Watchman"
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I'm just going to unvote to make sure Alexandria gets a chance to respond and Ayisdra gets a chance to roleclaim. And possibly Coraline, if she changes her mind.

(Guys my phone really wants me to stop talking about murder and instead talk about all going out to lunch. It tried to change unvote to invite)

• You really don't want me to reveal my role D1. Suffice to say that I'm not a regular townie.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    We only need @Ayisdra to claim besides @Coraline right? I’d guess the mafia can piece the setup together by now, but you can hide your role if you feel it’s prudent.
    Daraius said:
  • Well, I wish you luck with lynching me. :) I won last round so I won't mind dying as a townie early on too much. You might mind it though! To be more specific: I am able to see who visits somebody that I watch, though not what powers are used. It's cause I like finin' and extortin' people, no lie. I may not be a good person, but I'm definitely not the scum. :D 

@Alexandria so why aren’t you voting Carakhan for double claiming?

If you’re town why aren’t you pushing back?
    Daraius said:
  • Because I'm waiting to see what @Ayisdra has to say. Also there were minor differences in the claim. Also I'm awake way too early on no sleep. 

Okay so let me get this straight because I had to reread Carakhan’s post to get an understanding of the nuances in these roles. I initially read this as Carakhan claiming she had Alexandria’s role but that doesn’t seem to be the case! unvote

Let’s say all three of us targeted person A tonight and person B, the doctor, visited them.

Bawd: Would see that doctor power targeted person A.

Watchman: Would see that player B targeted person A.

Beggar: Would see that person A was visited or visited someone but not by whom or what?

@Carakhan and @Alexandria can you confirm?

Daraius said:
  • If true, that would be rather more useful than my power. Now it might just be one more way beggars are spit on in the empire, but I am skeptical. And I would also like to hear from @Ayisdra.
    Carakhan said:
    If true, that would be rather more useful than my power. Now it might just be one more way beggars are spit on in the empire, but I am skeptical. And I would also like to hear from @Ayisdra.
    So my description of your power is accurate, then? That feels pretty weak compared to what Alex and I are claiming, huh.

Anyway yes let’s ping @Ayisdra.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Okay so let me get this straight because I had to reread Carakhan’s post to get an understanding of the nuances in these roles. I initially read this as Carakhan claiming she had Alexandria’s role but that doesn’t seem to be the case! unvote

Let’s say all three of us targeted person A tonight and person B, the doctor, visited them.

Beggar: Would see that person A was visited or visited someone but not by whom or what?

Yes. 

• Sylandra said:

Missed this while writing my previous post, sorry. Yes, that is an accurate description of my power. The doctor s visit would get me a yes. If there was no visit, and person a did nothing, I get a no. This is why I am so dubious of Alexandria's. It's very vanilla watcher, compared to the powers you, I and Zitto all have (assuming we're all being honest which is an assumption)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited September 2019
    Urgh, go to sleep and suddenly there are 19 posts to sort through. Pretty sure this is right.

It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 9:15 PM EST on Saturday, September 21st.

VOTES

Sylandra-2 (Zitto, Arix)
    Alexandria-1 (Coraline)

With 7 Old Worlders alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch!

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I buy Sylandra's claim, but I am not clear enough on Alexandria's and Carakhan's claims to bet the farm on them being overlap instead of complementary.

Unvote
  • Afternoon all. I do find it a bit strange that Arix is without powers as the only one.  but as for my claim:

I am the Agitator. Once I can learn if someone used a power, but not their alignment or who they targeted.
  • I'm sticking to my vote. From both Carakhan's and Alexandria's role claims it seems to me like it doesn't make sense to have both roles in the same game, and the way Carakhan immediately counter-claimed Alexandria makes me feel that Carakhan is the townie here.
    So hold up if Arix is the only powerless townie does that mean Zitto’s power tells him everyone except hypothetically Arix is a mafia and/or power role?

If so that power sucks on Night 1, but works well Night 2 if it hits people who spent their night powers.
    Daraius said:
  • The more I think about it, the less I buy Arix's lack of power. Both Portius's Arthur and Cute Animal mafia games ran with everyone having a single use power. Nobody started vanilla in either one. I'm pressing X to doubt.

Vote Arix
    Zitto said:
    I am also on board for mass-claim. In a show of good faith, I the Witchhunter, a limited investigator. My one-use power reports whether or not a target is a vanilla townie. Anyone with an ability or non-town will trigger it, but I will not know which one it is.
    So let me get this straight. @Zitto despite your role specifically mentioning vanilla townies you don’t believe any are in the game?

If he’s lying and is mafia, your power has zero utility night 1–everyone will give you the same result. 
    Daraius said:
    To follow up: does your power give you the results of how someone started the night or how they ended the night?

Ex. if someone spends their power night 1, do they come up as having spent it and being vanilla or do they show up as having had a power at the night's start?
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie

It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 9:15 PM EST on Saturday, September 21st.

VOTES

Sylandra-1 (Arix)
    Alexandria-1 (Coraline)
    Arix-1 (Zitto)

With 7 Old Worlders alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I misunderstood my power, and it works during the day. People who have used their powers count as vanilla, as in the Cute Animal Mafia. I have used my power on Arix, and am 100% confident he is lying about being a vanilla townie. Lynch me tomorrow if I am wrong today.
    Oh well damn, that changes things.

I am willing to test this out. vote Arix
    Daraius said: